REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Animal abused at chilliwack dairy farm. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695906-animal-abused-chilliwack-dairy-farm.html)

iEatClams 06-09-2014 10:11 PM

Animal abused at chilliwack dairy farm.

this is some fucked up shiet. I hope these guys get what they deserve.

I saw the news and the owner claim they didn't know and are shocked that this happen. yet the undercover guys filed complaints to management and complaints were ignored.

spoiler for length of article.

Spoiler!

Chilliwack Cattle Sales to fire 8 workers caught on tape abusing cows - British Columbia - CBC News

videos:
Deplorable treatment of B.C. dairy cows caught on camera | CTV Vancouver News

Video: Cows abused at Chilliwack dairy farm, BC SPCA alleges (warning: graphic)

stewie 06-09-2014 10:21 PM

saw and read it as well.

fucking disgusting.

how the hell did the owners not know what was going on in their own farm??

sucks that they blur out the faces of the people though...would love for someone to be able to say who they are and post their facebook pages etc. they seem like typical dumb fucks who'll never amount to anything in life or end up in prison.

AAnthony 06-09-2014 10:34 PM

-----

willystyle 06-09-2014 11:00 PM

I'm sick of this grass-fed/organic movement. Until there's conclusive evidence that indicate, without a doubt, that organic/hormone-free dairy/meat/veggies IS better than traditionally grown food. You're just wasting your money.

I understand that some people do feel better by eating certain organic foods because of certain pesticides used in the farming process, to me, that's like the peanut argument all over again. Just because you're allergic to it, doesn't mean the rest of the population has the same health issue as you, therefore, needing to eat organic.

As far as taste goes, it's subjective and depends on the product. I've eaten fresh organic apples that taste worse than fresh regular apples.

Manic! 06-10-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAnthony (Post 8484672)
Buy grass-fed dairy, the cows actually get to live outside and eat grass; much healthier for you, and a lot better tasting. There's a lot more sketchiness in the diary industry that will come to light soon, do some research on what they feed these cows....

Eat Wild - Health Benefits
Eat Wild

So do cows starve when it snows?

Spoiler!

white rocket 06-10-2014 08:32 AM

Disgusting :(. I don't get why they are beaten and treated so badly. Does that treatment produce better milk or make the beef taste better or something? Or is this just some dirty fucked up hick behavior?

E-SPEC 06-10-2014 09:39 AM

These pieces of shit were only suspended, and not fired also. I hope some people beat and stomp them into a coma.

AAnthony 06-10-2014 09:43 AM

-----

iEatClams 06-10-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8484664)
saw and read it as well.

fucking disgusting.

how the hell did the owners not know what was going on in their own farm??

sucks that they blur out the faces of the people though...would love for someone to be able to say who they are and post their facebook pages etc. they seem like typical dumb fucks who'll never amount to anything in life or end up in prison.

My thoughts exactly. If only they didn't blurred out the faces and showed it to everyone like how they did the Stanley cup riots.

These guys were just sick fucks. You can start out torturing animals and it can lead to serial killers and such.

Akinari 06-10-2014 11:45 AM

What did cows ever do to us to deserve this kind of treatment :tears:

iEatClams 06-10-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white rocket (Post 8484790)
Disgusting :(. I don't get why they are beaten and treated so badly. Does that treatment produce better milk or make the beef taste better or something? Or is this just some dirty fucked up hick behavior?

If you watch the videos its clear its just some fcked up sadistic guys

PeanutButter 06-10-2014 12:10 PM

disgusting

white rocket 06-10-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iEatClams (Post 8484883)
If you watch the videos its clear its just some fcked up sadistic guys

That's what I figured. Won't watch the videos as those types of images are just not for me. It blows my mind that people act this way toward defenceless creatures.

MindBomber 06-10-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white rocket (Post 8484790)

Poorly treated dairy cows produce less and lower quality milk.

Poorly treated beef cows also produce lower quality beef.

The video does NOT the represent the normal standard of treatment of cows for farms/ranches. Farmers/Ranchers are a bit rough with cows but not to the degree that they are hurt (remember, they're tough 1000lb animals). To farmers/ranchers cows are not only their livelihood but living, breathing animals that deserve to be treated with respect. Cows are plenty rough to farmers/ranchers, too; they'll throw back a swift kick/bite if they're pissed off. Cows are treated pretty badly on feedlots, though. Chickens are also treated very badly.

The people in the video are fucked and their behaviour is completely unacceptable.

fliptuner 06-10-2014 02:37 PM

Totally unnecessary.

If a 50lb dog can herd cattle, what does that say about the IQ of these boneheads?

Also, management didn't know? Riiiiight........

Jmac 06-10-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willystyle (Post 8484686)
I'm sick of this grass-fed/organic movement. Until there's conclusive evidence that indicate, without a doubt, that organic/hormone-free dairy/meat/veggies IS better than traditionally grown food. You're just wasting your money.

I understand that some people do feel better by eating certain organic foods because of certain pesticides used in the farming process, to me, that's like the peanut argument all over again. Just because you're allergic to it, doesn't mean the rest of the population has the same health issue as you, therefore, needing to eat organic.

As far as taste goes, it's subjective and depends on the product. I've eaten fresh organic apples that taste worse than fresh regular apples.

Organic IS traditionally-grown food unless you think farmers have been using genetically-modified seeds and pesticides from the dawn of civilization.

willystyle 06-10-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmac (Post 8485081)
Organic IS traditionally-grown food unless you think farmers have been using genetically-modified seeds and pesticides from the dawn of civilization.

I was referring to the current conventional way of growing food with pesticides and GMO vs. Organic.

cdizzle_996 06-10-2014 08:07 PM

I play mens league hockey against there family. I guarantee at least one of the people caught abusing was a relative. They're all pieces of shit on the ice too

7seven 06-11-2014 08:41 AM

Well these idiots have identified themselves, speaking to CTV CTV Vancouver: Dairy farm workers speak | CTV Vancouver News

Sid Vicious 06-11-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willystyle (Post 8484686)

grass fed objectively tastes better; look at that marbling
http://christianjax.ca/wp-content/up...s-fed-beef.jpg

but yea i agree organic vegetables and fruit taste the exact same to me

6o4__boi 06-11-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 8485327)
Well these idiots have identified themselves, speaking to CTV CTV Vancouver: Dairy farm workers speak | CTV Vancouver News

That video was so full of bullshit. Essentially everyone interviewed was knee deep in bullshit spewing more bullshit to cover their bullshit.

underscore 06-11-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAnthony (Post 8484819)
It's required that silos be filled with grass/hay to feed the animals in the winter time. Despite what the hippies tell you, it's not necessary for cows to be on a 100% grass fed diet as there are still valuable nutrients in grain. A diet of mostly grass and some grain is recommended and is far healthier than the GMO filled diets that regular cows have.

but who cares about all that stuff... yolo right?!

I was in agreement til you hit the GMO bullshit.

Ri2 06-11-2014 03:19 PM

Dairy's Dark Side

I'm not sure if someone posted this already, but it doesn't hurt to post it again.

Please watch and please sign!

I fucking cried at my desk at work. This is beyond horrible.

PS: I am not against kidnapping these people and treating them like that for a few good months and see if they even survive. I don't give a fuck what they say, they know exactly what the fuck they're doing in that video. They aren't fucking sorry for doing it, they're sorry they got caught!!!