REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   whey protein question (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695912-whey-protein-question.html)

GG 06-10-2014 09:01 AM

whey protein question

so i start reading regarding the pros and cons about protein powder, what are you guys thought.

Some say because it is not under FTA approval therefore they do not need to be examined like food and medical items. Some of them contains heavy metal, and other dangerous goods. What are you guys thought on this topic? I know a lot of ppl gonna say its 100% fine and some of you might suggest just eat healthy and rely on whats available. AKA your daily source of whole food such as milk, chicken , beef, and beans etc

Gazorcoop 06-10-2014 09:17 AM

Don't go with low quality stuff. Buy higher quality clean protein powders and use them sparingly. Like you mentioned, take in as much protein possible from whole real foods.

Personally I have had cheap and expensive protein. I have not heard of these heavy metals, etc. someone else may be able to chime in.

GG 06-10-2014 09:21 AM

i was reading this article

KAPLAN UNIVERSITY: Protein Supplements: The Good, The Bad, and & The Ugly…

BaoTurbo 06-10-2014 10:03 PM

I take protein supplements and I think as you get used to taking them and working out it really helps protein repair. I started taking weight gainers so that already has protein in that but before I took Optimum Nutrition's whey protein (cookies and cream flavour) which did help but I needed more calories thats why I started with the gainers

Gazorcoop 06-10-2014 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaoTurbo (Post 8485193)
I take protein supplements and I think as you get used to taking them and working out it really helps protein repair. I started taking weight gainers so that already has protein in that but before I took Optimum Nutrition's whey protein (cookies and cream flavour) which did help but I needed more calories thats why I started with the gainers

Weight gainers are OK as long as you are not doing it often. Making your own also has its benefits (you know exactly what's going into it) with fruits, protein powder, etc.

Spidey 06-21-2014 03:06 PM

Unless you aren't eating enough food, you rarely ever need protein shakes... The only time I take them is when I know I don't have time for a meal... ie breakfast, post workout, etc... Nothing beats REAL food.

BrRsn 07-23-2014 10:10 PM

whey protein killed my family

_cnh 01-03-2015 02:34 PM

Honestly before buying your protein do some research and youre going to get what you pay for so if you cheap out you will get bad protein. I personally use Amways Whey Protein and they are FTA approved

mciroc 12-16-2015 10:14 AM

I wouldn't worry about heavy metals or other materials in protein power it is extremely uncommon although it has happened, the thing you want to look into is finding a brand that has a quality and honest product, many brands lie and do not have what they say they have on the label. How do you tell whats a lie and whats not? you cant..... Firstly, I would stay away from purchasing protein from places like Costco, Superstore ect, the proteins they carry have been "watered down" in quality to meet there price points. Buy from a local supplement store, buy a Canadian brand if possible, stay away with proteins that have "maltodextrin" on the label- filler. The best I have found in Vancouver is by Pro Line called Iso Advanced and Advanced whey they are a manufacture and make there own product locally, you can tell it is quality by the way it mixes in a shaker cup, digests really nicely (no gas or bloating) Good Luck!

m4k4v4li 01-11-2017 10:47 PM

AMWAY protein powder?
are we talking MLM amway?

even if its good i aint buying that shit

H.Specter 01-12-2017 06:42 AM

I made whey to much gains with it.

MarkyMark 01-12-2017 07:04 AM

You gotta be careful with that shit. I was up to 6 scoops a day, I lost my friends, my family, my girlfriend, my job...I would stand outside of Popeyes asking people for a hit. I told myself I could quit whenever I wanted but who was I fooling, you'll always be just one more scoop away from being where you want to be.

Armind 01-12-2017 08:10 AM

I looked myself in the mirror and asked myself "Do you even lift?" and take another scoop each time that happens.

Verdasco 01-12-2017 12:46 PM

its all a scam, buy some fucking chicken breasts uncooked and eat it out of the box

Armind 01-12-2017 01:00 PM

http://beastmotivation.com/file/2013...85528739_n.jpg

Berzerker 01-12-2017 01:24 PM

Carnivore is all Beef protein. No milk products. It's all I use.

Berz out.

guurl 01-22-2017 09:38 PM

would anybody like to buy my friends brand new unopened gold standard whey protein 5lb for $60 lol