REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 08:19 PM   #7876
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

So I wager
Florida
Los Angeles
Washington
Vancouver let me down 😣
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2015, 08:20 PM   #7877
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Fuck being a Canucks fan sucks lol.
This game man...epitomizes the agony of being a Canucks fan.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:23 PM   #7878
I subscribe to Revscene

Vey is weak AF
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2015, 08:24 PM   #7879
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
GG

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 03-26-2015, 08:24 PM   #7880
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,257 Times in 1,621 Posts
Jersey curse continues
Spoiler!
Old 03-26-2015, 08:26 PM   #7881
My homepage has been set to RS

Vey either has to get on gear in the summer or get the fuck out of here! He is so soft and flops all over the ice like a wet noodle!
Old 03-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #7882

Somehow it wouldn't surprise me if they find a way to fuck this up and miss the playoffs lol.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:34 PM   #7883
HELP ME PLS!!!

Hard to cheer on a team that rarely puts in their best effort every game.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #7884
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
lol smh
Old 03-26-2015, 11:21 PM   #7885

Mt. Pleasant, metrotown or brentwood -- which of these areas has the best future/growth? Looking for a condo but not sure which would be the best area...
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2015, 11:57 PM   #7886
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Mt. Pleasant, metrotown or brentwood -- which of these areas has the best future/growth? Looking for a condo but not sure which would be the best area...
Old 03-27-2015, 12:22 AM   #7887
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Neither is the best area. You'll still be watching the Canucks play like shit in either one of those locations. I'd recommend you just move to a different city instead.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2015, 07:32 AM   #7888
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
It's easy to figure out a system to win on wagers placed on playnow.com for Canucks games

Place a bet on the opposing team which plays the Canucks at home (not on the road because this team plays better away than at home. Go figure).

1) It's a shitty team, below .500 record, especially if the opposing team played a game the night before the Canucks play that team.

2) The team is wearing the Millionaires' jersey, with those butt ugly cream ugly coloured pants. Their Facebook page has announcements on which games the team will wear those jerseys.

Last edited by pastarocket; 03-27-2015 at 07:39 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2015, 07:36 AM   #7889

Last night was probably Vey and Hamhuis's worst game of the season.
Vey looks like a junior player in the NHL for the first time.
Seems like that 2nd rounder (Roland McKeown) was wasted on Vey. He better not turn out to be a defensive stud for the Canes.

I don't get what the Vey fans see in him...he was good at lower levels, he's young, sure but so far he's proven that he's weak, can't win board battles, can't finish, can't play defensively, can't play...He's not a power forward so it's not like he'll burst out and be a great player one day. It was a bad gamble by Benning. Hell, McMillan on Centre is probably a better option. And I fucking hate McMillan.

Hamhuis just looks slow and old, same with Bieksa. I mean sure there's leadership there but I would take long hard looks at getting rid of one of them this summer to open up a roster spot and get rid of their cap hit.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2015, 07:41 AM   #7890

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
Last night was probably Vey and Hamhuis's worst game of the season.
Vey looks like a junior player in the NHL for the first time.
Seems like that 2nd rounder (Roland McKeown) was wasted on Vey. He better not turn out to be a defensive stud for the Canes.

I don't get what the Vey fans see in him...he was good at lower levels, he's young, sure but so far he's proven that he's weak, can't win board battles, can't finish, can't play defensively, can't play...He's not a power forward so it's not like he'll burst out and be a great player one day. It was a bad gamble by Benning. Hell, McMillan on Centre is probably a better option. And I fucking hate McMillan.

Hamhuis just looks slow and old, same with Bieksa. I mean sure there's leadership there but I would take long hard looks at getting rid of one of them this summer to open up a roster spot and get rid of their cap hit.
-definitely think that Juice's play this season has declined. When I went to the Detroit game in January, I saw Bieksa turn over the puck TWICE in one shift.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:56 AM   #7891

Lol I thought Henrik's shot was bad but have you seen Bieksa's?
I think he's done...the juice is empty

we've got roughly $18M tied up in four dman next season (Bieksa, Edler, Hamhuis, Tanev)
I would think that management would move either Bieksa or Hamhuis at the draft for cap space. It would probably be Hamhuis cus his trade value is higher.

In a perfect world, Bieksa should just call it quits and join on a coaching capacity. He's a good guy, but i don't think he can play in the league anymore.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:55 AM   #7892

I think they would keep hammer over juice...juice way too much of a liability out there. I think hammer is probably not fully 100% healthy...
Old 03-27-2015, 09:11 AM   #7893
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
They had a shitty game but have been playing great, they at least had a good 3rd but couldn't out the puck in the net. I find it funny how it's always the end of the world when they lose a game. At least they were not blown out and actually fought back at the end.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2015, 09:15 AM   #7894
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Well at this point in the season a loss could truly mean the end of the world.

Vey fucking suckssss and same with Bonino like Jesus, you'd think just randomly one of their chances would work out but they just can never pull the trigger. Having that ability to finish isn't somthing you really find, you either have it or you don't.

Pierre McGuire was on 1040 last week and was talking about vey who he was high on at the beggining of the season. He basically retracted it and said after watching him for the season he'd be lucky to be a bottom 6 on most teams and figures the ties to willy is what keep him here when he probably should be in the AHL. Players like that don't get you anywhere imo.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:31 AM   #7895

shitty game is an understatement.
they got blown the fuck out. It was a miracle the game wasn't 6-0 after the 2nd.
Heck, someone should contact the Catholic Church because 0-0 after the first period is a miracle.

Asking for a full 60 minute effort against a cupcake is apparently too much to ask for. This is why we can't have nice things.

its the way we lose that's always so concerning...we're at that point in the season where a couple more games like this and it'll be golf season
Canucks aren't exactly the role model of consistency so flaming out and missing the playoffs isn't exactly going to be a surprise and could pretty much be a reality.
When you get a gimme like this and you can't capitalize...yeah...
Old 03-27-2015, 09:31 AM   #7896
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,257 Times in 1,621 Posts
this is a critical time in the season to be pissing away points. if we don't get in, EVERYONE is going to point at all these should win games and say that's the problem and they'll be correct.
Spoiler!
Old 03-27-2015, 09:42 AM   #7897

-slow news day at the Toronto Sports Network? -wonder if Booth is gonna grab his rifle to shoot at Kessel like a deer.

Kessel, Booth in altercation at Leafs' practice - Article - TSN

It appears tensions ran high for the Toronto Maple Leafs at practice on Friday morning.

Wingers Phil Kessel and David Booth got into an altercation during their morning skate and had to be broken up.

“It happens. Guys get frustrated all year. I think that was just a drill that promoted competition. It’s actually good to see that. Hopefully we can take some of that competitive nature into the game tomorrow," said Booth after practice. “It’s the game of hockey, stuff like that is bound to happen. I don’t think it’s a big deal at all, but obviously when it happens here it might create a little bit of a ruckus.”

Booth was asked if Kessel was the one who started the altercation.

“I don’t know, you’ll have to ask him. I’m sure you’ll get a better story out of that than me," he said.

Booth said the last time he was in a dust up with a teammate during practice was in college, but never in the NHL.

Captain Dion Phaneuf, who says he remembers more altercations with teammates from his junior hockey days, brushed off the scrap as something that happens all the time.

“We’re competitive guys and sometimes tempers flare and emotions boil over but to be completely honest with you there’s nothing more to it than a little bit of a skirmish or scrum, whatever you want to call it, but that’s part of competing in practice and sometimes that happens," Phaneuf said. "It’s not the last time you’re going to see it.”

He also dispelled any notion of lingering anomosity between Kessel and Booth.

“Phil’s a competitive guy, so is Boother. They’re both working hard," he said. "Boother is killing a penalty at that point and we’re trying to work on the power play and sometimes those things happen. There’s nothing more to it than a little bit of a scrum and now it’s done.”

The Leafs have lost seven straight games and are back in action on Saturday night when they host the Ottawa Senators.

Practice fight: Booth-Kessel going at it ... wow

— Mark Masters (@markhmasters) March 27, 2015
Old 03-27-2015, 12:26 PM   #7898

Kessel still gives a shit.
Just not when it actually counts.

"Eat a snickers, Phil."
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2015, 12:50 PM   #7899
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Booth: don't make me grab my bow Phil!

Kessel: dont pull your groin while you're grabbing it.

Hahaha

Speaking of vey, I hope baerstchi isn't another vey for us next season. Basically 2 second rounders for two small forwards.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:53 PM   #7900
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Kessel is suchhhh a fucking little bitch. Like who wants to take that on? Some shit team with no media coverage Id suppose