REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 11:46 PM   #10676
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
If I remember right, he would only waive his NTC to Anaheim and pretty much gave up playing for this team. If you sign a contract with a club, you can't force the team to trade you when things go south.

Yes he was a great talent, and surely a hard position to fill, but the guy handicapped us. We could have gotten return for him, but he HANDICAPPED us into only trading him to one team.
gonna stop you right here.... if a player gets a NTC, it is in his right to say what he does with it
Yea it sucks he pulled that stunt, but the time was up for kes. The rumors and such, whether it was true or not(more true than not...i think) was just not healthy.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2015, 11:51 PM   #10677
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
If I remember right, he would only waive his NTC to Anaheim and pretty much gave up playing for this team. If you sign a contract with a club, you can't force the team to trade you when things go south.

Yes he was a great talent, and surely a hard position to fill, but the guy handicapped us. We could have gotten return for him, but he HANDICAPPED us into only trading him to one team.
Exactly! he left this team on such bad terms that everything that he had accomplished with us means little. I get it! There's tons of current and former Kesler fans out there, but speaking solely as a Canucks fan, this guy pulled a dick move on an organization that treated him well. Last thing I want to see is watch this guy hoist the cup. Go Blackhawks go!
Old 05-12-2015, 12:07 AM   #10678
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
gonna stop you right here.... if a player gets a NTC, it is in his right to say what he does with it
Yea it sucks he pulled that stunt, but the time was up for kes. The rumors and such, whether it was true or not(more true than not...i think) was just not healthy.
Maybe it's just me but my understanding of the spirit of NTCs is that NTCs are supposed to act as a guarantee that the team will not screw the player over. It is so the player has comfort knowing he won't have to uproot his life/family if the team decides they are changing directions. In this case, he has the option to relocate to where he wants so the uprooting is somewhat lessened.

It isn't meant for players to want to change places and then demand a trade all the while limiting it to one single team.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 12:18 AM   #10679
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Maybe it's just me but my understanding of the spirit of NTCs is that NTCs are supposed to act as a guarantee. It is so the player has comfort knowing he won't have to uproot his life if the team decides they are changing directions. In this case, he has the option to relocate to where he wants so the uprooting is somewhat lessened.

It isn't meant for players to want to change places and then demand a trade all the while limiting it to one single team.
you are not wrong. Its the NTC and what it allows the player to do to command his destination

its also the other end of the NTC that allows the player to pull a dick move like Kesler
Old 05-12-2015, 12:55 AM   #10680
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
You can all thank this guy and whatever he has on his face for handing NTCs out like candy

Old 05-12-2015, 04:47 AM   #10681

ntc are fine, i have more of a problem with nmc's. if you really want a person gone who has a ntc, you can threaten to demote the guy and tell him to have fun riding the bus, or end up losing every night with phx if hes picked up on waivers.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:34 AM   #10682
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
ntc are fine, i have more of a problem with nmc's. if you really want a person gone who has a ntc, you can threaten to demote the guy and tell him to have fun riding the bus, or end up losing every night with phx if hes picked up on waivers.

i always thought they were one and the same
Old 05-12-2015, 08:29 AM   #10683
My homepage has been set to RS

put it this way, you are working for an employer who doesnt seem to go anywhere. you are not getting any older, and injuries are piling it up because you give it all. you want some recognition before you cant contribute anymore. you have leverage, you use it. what do you owe the organization ? its a fucking business.

the cog is the nhl franchise. the bigger machine is the NHL itself. these guys love hockey, not the business itself

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 08:35 AM   #10684
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Exactly! he left this team on such bad terms that everything that he had accomplished with us means little. I get it! There's tons of current and former Kesler fans out there, but speaking solely as a Canucks fan, this guy pulled a dick move on an organization that treated him well. Last thing I want to see is watch this guy hoist the cup. Go Blackhawks go!
It's a business, live with it. The Canucks pulled a dick move on Jason Garrison. So I guess it's not an uncommon thing to do on the organization or player's perspective.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:47 AM   #10685
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
I'm fine with NTCs and NMCs for bona fide top line forwards, top pair dmen, and elite goaltenders, but how guys like Higgins got one is just insane.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:52 AM   #10686
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Bonino injured at WC

Video: Bonino crashes hard, skates off holding arm at Worlds | ProHockeyTalk

Quote:
Video: Bonino crashes hard, skates off holding arm at Worlds
Mike Halford May 12, 2015, 12:23 PM EDT
1 Comment
A potentially big blow for both Team USA and the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday at the Worlds — forward Nick Bonino suffered an apparent right arm injury after crashing into the net midway through today’s tilt against Slovakia:

As the video shows, Bonino skated off immediately and looked to be in distress. He was not on the American bench to begin the third period.

The 27-year-old was off to a slow start in the tournament, with just one goal through his first six games, but did register an assist on Anders Lee‘s second-period tally prior to getting hurt.

Bonino is coming off a 15-goal, 39-point season in Vancouver, his first with the Canucks since coming over in the Ryan Kesler trade at last year’s draft.
Eichel with the game winning goal, this kid looking right at home playing against NHLers and men
[VINE]eKuK6eHnleY[/VINE]
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 09:00 AM   #10687

that sucks. hopefully it's nothing major.

So the US is doing pretty good with their roster eh?

damn, Canada with 49 GF and 14 GA...that GD is beast
not a big fan of this tourney but at least there's bushels of goals coming in so that's nice.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:02 AM   #10688
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post

That is a shocker, their roster looks like a disaster, but the young kids have gelled well.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:05 AM   #10689
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
You can all thank this guy and whatever he has on his face for handing NTCs out like candy
Hmm... not sure if we are thanking your post, or MG...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 05-12-2015, 09:07 AM   #10690

i heard that in order to get any sort of ntc, you had to stroke the neckbeard for at least 30 seconds. The longer the stroke, the better the ntc is
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 10:45 AM   #10691
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Aside from that, the hawks slowly gain my respect over the years.

Just the way they keep on winning with the salary cap and at the same time bring in more younger players to the line up.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:54 AM   #10692
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
It's a business, live with it. The Canucks pulled a dick move on Jason Garrison. So I guess it's not an uncommon thing to do on the organization or player's perspective.
As for Garrison getting screwed over I dont see it that way. I mean new management came in place, either saw him odd man out and needed to bed moved or just needed the cap room. He did get a raw ride when he was here and wasnt used to best of his ability ie pp. But cant blame new management since they just inherited a team with NTC bums...plus Garrison does well in the east and is better suited..
Old 05-12-2015, 11:16 AM   #10693
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,577 Times in 4,294 Posts
Yup Garrison got a big time bum deal traded to Tampa might be going to the eastern finals now... I'm happy he was traded for him and it helped the canucks as well!!
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 11:21 AM   #10694

mfw when we essentially traded Garrison and McKeown for Vey

but it was a necessity right? Vey can't be worse next season right? Right?

Last edited by 6o4__boi; 05-12-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:26 AM   #10695
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post

Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 12:33 PM   #10696
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Heard Callahan is out tonight? Not good for the Bolts. Habs may force a Game 7. Will be interesting for sure.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:35 PM   #10697
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Heard Callahan is out tonight? Not good for the Bolts. Habs may force a Game 7. Will be interesting for sure.
Yup, had an emergency appendectomy
Old 05-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #10698
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
any bets on tonight?
Old 05-12-2015, 02:27 PM   #10699
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post

damn, Canada with 49 GF and 14 GA...that GD is beast
not a big fan of this tourney but at least there's bushels of goals coming in so that's nice.
That GD could be better.... Just saying..... Mike smith? Gimmie a break hahahhaa

But the European commentary is spot on!
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #10700
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
If Tampa blows it at home tonight...
I think Habs are going to take it in 7.

/notsrs

/actuallyamprettysrs.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Closed Thread