REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   15 year old girl rode Skytrain for free...10 years later, ICBC tells her to pay up (https://www.revscene.net/forums/696123-15-year-old-girl-rode-skytrain-free-10-years-later-icbc-tells-her-pay-up.html)

Ulic Qel-Droma 06-19-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8490265)
Really no handouts?

What about those rich Asian kids you continuously wish you were family with, those aren't handouts?

only a poor person would say that.

all the rich kids know, it ain't a handout. there's always a cost for everything.

or you can view all life as handouts. the fact that you can even experience anything, is a handout.

underscore 06-19-2014 01:57 PM

How much are the tickets? It says almost a dozen so I'll say 11 tickets, that's about $180/ticket she's paying.

Shark Tank 06-19-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8490265)
Really no handouts?

What about those rich Asian kids you continuously wish you were family with, those aren't handouts?

No they're incredibly lucky and blessed to be trust fund kids. I am envious and jealous and of course want to be in there position. Trust me, these rich Asian kids aren't going around doing any harm or trying to abuse the transit system by not paying there fares. The real issue here is how these fair evaders cost us taxpayers because were stuck paying for the costs in the end.

The rich asian kids you see have it all. Hot gf's, baller cars, mansions, freedom to do what they want anytime anywhere. I think thats what everyone would want. Instead most Canadians are just grinding away at their desk jobs dealing with all the bullshit. Sure I could be a drug dealer and get rich from doing illegal things to buy porsches, swiss watches, yaletown penthouses but again I don't want to go to jail or be shot.

stewie 06-19-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark Tank (Post 8490279)
No they're incredibly lucky and blessed to be trust fund kids. I am envious and jealous and of course want to be in there position. Trust me, these rich Asian kids aren't going around doing any harm or trying to abuse the transit system by not paying there fares. The real issue here is how these fair evaders cost us taxpayers because were stuck paying for the costs in the end.

The rich asian kids you see have it all. Hot gf's, baller cars, mansions, freedom to do what they want anytime anywhere. I think thats what everyone would want. Instead most Canadians are just grinding away at their desk jobs dealing with all the bullshit. Sure I could be a drug dealer and get rich from doing illegal things to buy porsches, swiss watches, yaletown penthouses but again I don't want to go to jail or be shot.

You're right, those Asian kids aren't jumping on skytrain rides or "doing no harm". But screw it, they're trust fund kids, who needs skytrain a when daddy can buy you a 100,000$+ sports car so they can pretend they're race car drivers and showing off on the highways. Get pulled over and car gets impounded? No problem, just buy a new one! License gets suspended? Good luck, it's a foreign license that nobody has record of being actually real.

Ps - me and you have VERY different views on "hot girlfriends" lol. When you think they have it all...they don't. The girl is with them for money...like how a 10/10 amazingly hot girl would date a 600lb man if he was a billionaire...or Hugh Hefner. The cars are a status symbol, one that really isn't that impressive to be honest. The freedom will expire. Their parents will eventually die leaving the kid with money that he'll/she'll blow in no time, leaving their future kids with *a typical Canadian life and dealing with bullshit*

multicartual 06-19-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

The rich asian kids you see have it all. Hot gf's, baller cars, mansions, freedom to do what they want anytime anywhere. I think thats what everyone would want.

They didn't work for it, there is a huge satisfaction when you manage to squeak out an awesome life while on a budget, or live a crazy wild mother fucker life while working your ass off and earning it yourself!

So many rich kids, mostly men, are total dorks!

Shit I threw Ronnie Negus's son Jhordan out of a bar after he was standing on the pool tables and telling everyone "I have 500 million!" over and over as a way of socializing

A lot of really wealthy people are unhappy because they feel unaccomplished and unfulfilled

A lot of really poor people are happy because they scrape by and feel fulfilled by working hard to support the people they love through shared hardship

When I was poor the smallest accomplishments felt amazing. Now that I have money being able to afford nachos isn't the same feat it once was when I was a homeless teenager, ya dig?

Shark Tank 06-19-2014 05:20 PM

Nobody on RS including me is ever going to be the 1%'ers with more than 100Million net worth or we would be too busy vacationing to Dubai,Europe,Monte Carlo, Hong Kong. We would be tracking our $250,000 supercars daily to get our adrenaline juices flowing, shopping for baller stuff, eating at 5 stars restarants and the list goes on & on

I would give up 25 years of busting my ass making minimum wage and feel accomplished I could afford a downpayment for a 500sq ft. studio apartment downtown if I could live 1 year being rich and given everything to me by rich family or trust funds.

In the end we're all really of stuff that we can't have. We all see a supercar and become paralzyed with sheer envy. Even when the Dubai Sheik came to Vancouver everyone wanted to follow him and take pictures.

parm104 06-19-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark Tank (Post 8490370)
Nobody on RS including me is ever going to be the 1%'ers with more than 100Million net worth...

Don't be ignorant...you don't need $100 Million (or even a million) to be in the 1%...

Also, why did OP get failed so many times just for posting an article? Is it just because he's Timpo? lol

The_AK 06-19-2014 05:34 PM

wooooow should break her legs so she doesnt do this again

(not srs)

Gnomes 06-19-2014 05:56 PM

I'm not defending the fare evader but the punishment does not fit the crime. One translink unpaid fare ticket costs $173 but texting while driving or no seatbelt costs $167. There's a whole truckload of violations that costs less than fare evasions but +2-3 points (as according to Fines & points for B.C. traffic offences)

Severity of crime is low yet punishment is higher than more severe MVA offences

XplicitLuder 06-19-2014 06:05 PM

"They are taking the food out of the mouths of my children for something that occurred a decade ago, something that my parents were never informed of since I was a minor,”

LOL^ cus she cant inform her parents herself ? you got a TICKET by POLICE (ya transit same thing inb4 fails) and you were 15 ... did she have no brain or something ? lel rekt

ree666 06-19-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8490051)
the Statue of limitations would of passed so as per the law they can not collect it from her.

where is this big statue located?

BrRsn 06-19-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquar1u2 (Post 8490406)
where is this big statue located?

in his pants
its not really a statue
its a monument

Inaii 06-19-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8490377)
Also, why did OP get failed so many times just for posting an article? Is it just because he's Timpo? lol

Because the article is from April and I'm pretty sure it's already been posted. My guess anyway. I failed him for digging up old news.

parm104 06-19-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 8490432)
Because the article is from April and I'm pretty sure it's already been posted. My guess anyway. I failed him for digging up old news.

HAHA, so I guess technically it is because it was posted by Timpo; notorious for posting decade old articles and passing them off as "news."

dangonay 06-19-2014 08:21 PM

I have to agree with the girl on this one (though she still comes across as a whiny bitch bringing up her children's food).

Why does ICBC have to wait so long before collecting? I just want to hear one good reason from them why they don't track down people within, say, the first year after getting a ticket. And in the case of a person with multiple tickets why the issue wasn't escalated to collect as soon as possible after they were issued.

Inaii 06-19-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8490458)
HAHA, so I guess technically it is because it was posted by Timpo; notorious for posting decade old articles and passing them off as "news."

Lol, well when you look at it that way.... ya I guess so :lol

meme405 06-19-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangonay (Post 8490474)
I have to agree with the girl on this one (though she still comes across as a whiny bitch bringing up her children's food).

Why does ICBC have to wait so long before collecting? I just want to hear one good reason from them why they don't track down people within, say, the first year after getting a ticket. And in the case of a person with multiple tickets why the issue wasn't escalated to collect as soon as possible after they were issued.

They didn't have the authority previously.

Before the new system was put in place recently (I guess recently is a relative term given the date of the article), there was no way for ICBC to force people to pay. They could send the tickets to collections, but that wouldn't go anywhere.

A very similar circumstance would be tickets by impark right now. In the future if impark manages to get the system on board maybe they will come after everyone who doesn't pay their private parking tickets.

Now with the new system ICBC has the information and they force you to pay transit tickets before you renew.

Hondaracer 06-19-2014 09:41 PM

every thread degenerates into rich asian kids

Lowered_Klass 06-19-2014 10:10 PM

^ I know, and it's getting old. Not to mention annoying as fuck. Give it a rest already.

Bottom line, the bitch has to pay. What pisses me off the most, is her saying they're "taking food out of the mouths of my kids..."

Gimme a break, her kids will eat just fine. She just might not have to buy so many boxes of wine over the next little while.

FS1992EG 06-19-2014 10:23 PM

I agree people who are over the age of 18 who were caught riding without buying a ticket should be fined but she was in the 18 years old.

She was a minor when she committed these offenses and she should be doing community service instead of paying the fines.

SoNaRWaVe 06-19-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8490271)
How much are the tickets? It says almost a dozen so I'll say 11 tickets, that's about $180/ticket she's paying.

i believe its $173 per ticket.

Akinari 06-19-2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

Jesus can you please just shut the fuck up before you make yourself even more of a fool than you already have :facepalm:

BrRsn 06-19-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akinari (Post 8490614)
Jesus can you please just shut the fuck up before you make yourself even more of a fool than you already have :facepalm:

hey man, he's an entrepreneur -- we cannot fathom his entrepreneurial prowess

Nlkko 06-19-2014 11:04 PM

173 per ticket, go up to 233 after 1 year of non-payment.

Ulic Qel-Droma 06-19-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8490544)
every thread degenerates into rich asian kids

or jews and illuminati.