REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Malaysian airline crash in Ukraine (https://www.revscene.net/forums/696786-malaysian-airline-crash-ukraine.html)

anxiety 07-18-2014 01:25 PM

I hope people on board didn't have to suffer. Anyone know what happens when a passenger airplane gets shot down? Do people die instantly when the plane gets hit by the missile?

underscore 07-18-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nah (Post 8504441)
They would be in pristine condition as people would have it in their bags. What these scumbags have done is go through everyone's personal belongings to take these passports out.

So the miltary shou;dn't be looking for ID's? :suspicious:

Yodamaster 07-18-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anxiety (Post 8504478)
I hope people on board didn't have to suffer. Anyone know what happens when a passenger airplane gets shot down? Do people die instantly when the plane gets hit by the missile?

Some do, but not all, if the plane broke up mid air, most of the surviving passengers would probably be rendered unconscious. If the plane did not break up, and oxygen masks deployed (and worked), chances are that most passengers would still be awake.

hchang 07-18-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riff raff (Post 8504312)
One thing I found very odd from the footage and pictures floating around is the passports. How can the passports be in such pristine condition? Even my passport doesn't look as new as the ones shown in the video footage.

And in the beginning of the clip, the guy goes into a truck and grabs the passports. I found this to be really odd.

Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash || Passports of the doomed passengers on board MH17 found - YouTube

BECAUSE ITS A CONSPIRACY CANT YOU GUYS SEE OMGEE LULZ

Tomu 07-18-2014 02:26 PM

Apparently there was a leaked phone convo between Pro-Russian separatists. Can see the convo in the link below but don't know how reliable this is.

Malaysia Airlines MH17: Phone taps point to Pro-Russian separatists | SBS News

JaPoola 07-18-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomu (Post 8504514)
Apparently there was a leaked phone convo between Pro-Russian separatists. Can see the convo in the link below but don't know how reliable this is.

Malaysia Airlines MH17: Phone taps point to Pro-Russian separatists | SBS News

How convenient.

zilley 07-18-2014 03:48 PM

RIP.

iEatClams 07-18-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hud 91gt (Post 8504413)
My girlfriend told me about the AIDS researchers as she worked/researched with one of the ones onboard. Pretty sad when you lose people who are devoting their life to help the world, and a silly "war" takes them away from us.

I find this to be the saddest part. A group of people spend their lives researching AIDS and helping the world. I feel the same when humanitarians and volunteers that get killed senselessly.

Manic! 07-18-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaPoola (Post 8504533)
How convenient.

You don't think the Ukrainians were listening to all communications of the rebels.

Ronin 07-18-2014 06:38 PM

This really could go either way. The US could have enough of this shit and declare fuck Russia and history will look back at MH17 as the "Assassination of Franz Ferdinand" this time around or...

...the world could look at this and go "Okay, maybe enough people have died over this useless dick waving contest..." and they find a peaceful end to all this Ukranian broohahah.

rsx 07-18-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaPoola (Post 8504533)
How convenient.

You don't think a country in the middle of a war won't tap the calls of their enemies?

CP.AR 07-18-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anxiety (Post 8504478)

if they were hit at 300, they would have had about 10-15 seconds of consciousness due to the lack of oxygen. Otherwise, those in the blast radius would die instantly (of course)

pastarocket 07-18-2014 06:49 PM

-heard on the news this morning that the UN Security Council had an emergency meeting to discuss what to do about this tragedy.

Some people need to stop playing the blame game until there is a detailed investigation about what went on. Although the investigation may take a long time given the size of the plane debris, the remoteness of the Ukraine area, and other factors, something has to be done ASAP!

International inspectors need to be given full access to the crash site to find the plane's flight recorders. Justice for the family and friends of people who lost their lives on that plane!

FS1992EG 07-18-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 8504623)
This really could go either way. The US could have enough of this shit and declare fuck Russia and history will look back at MH17 as the "Assassination of Franz Ferdinand" this time around or...

...the world could look at this and go "Okay, maybe enough people have died over this useless dick waving contest..." and they find a peaceful end to all this Ukranian broohahah.

Well, if the EU didn't decide to bribe the Ukrainian government into a contract where the Ukrainian citizens get shitted on and the Ukrainian government gets rich, there wouldn't be a problem.

Everyone can be brought at a price, and I support Russia on defending the Ukrainian citizen from the Ukrainian army.

Manic! 07-18-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FS1992EG (Post 8504631)
Well, if the EU didn't decide to bride the Ukrainian government into a contract where the Ukrainian citizens get shitted on and the Ukrainian government gets rich, there wouldn't be a problem.

Everyone can be brought at a price, and I support Russia on defending the Ukrainian citizen from the Ukrainian army.

So who is defending the Ukrainian citizens from the pro Russia thugs?
Also the the former Ukraine president was pro Russia. Have you seen his palace? Talk about getting rich and the people getting shit on.

nah 07-18-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8504487)
So the miltary shou;dn't be looking for ID's? :suspicious:

You make a good point, but these are the same guys that took the plane down.

I rather the real investigators go through these people's belonging to ensure they go back to the family. What do you these scumbags will do to anything that's valuable?

hud 91gt 07-18-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amuro Ray (Post 8504627)
if they were hit at 300, they would have had about 10-15 seconds of consciousness due to the lack of oxygen. Otherwise, those in the blast radius would die instantly (of course)

That's saying the aircraft continued to fly at 30,000' unpressurized after the hit. That 10-15 seconds is also useful consciousness. Your still wide awake, just not thinking properly. I'm assuming at breakup, it probably started to fall pretty rapidly. It's quite possible the poor bastards were conscious for the free fall. At 20,000' your aware of everything for a while.... Wouldn't take long to get there.

nah 07-18-2014 10:25 PM

I really hope some good comes out of this tragedy, like Putin ousted from power.

CRS 07-18-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nah (Post 8504729)
I really hope some good comes out of this tragedy, like Putin ousted from power.

Without a war, this will not happen.

Even with a war, unless the Russians lose, this will not happen.

Harvey Specter 07-19-2014 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8504630)
-heard on the news this morning that the UN Security Council had an emergency meeting to discuss what to do about this tragedy.

Some people need to stop playing the blame game until there is a detailed investigation about what went on. Although the investigation may take a long time given the size of the plane debris, the remoteness of the Ukraine area, and other factors, something has to be done ASAP!

International inspectors need to be given full access to the crash site to find the plane's flight recorders. Justice for the family and friends of people who lost their lives on that plane!

No offense but UN can't do shit and is as corrupt as the corrupt governments and officials they try to sanction.

I have no faith in any government whatsoever and I feel the families of the loved ones that lost their lives in this crash will never get justice.

v_tec 07-19-2014 02:22 AM

[Deleted]

Ulic Qel-Droma 07-19-2014 02:27 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airliner_shootdown_incidents
it's happened many times. I assume the result of this will be like every other incident...

Ulic Qel-Droma 07-19-2014 02:35 AM

as for something good coming out of this...

"oops, sorry, we'll try not to do that again"

and hopefully no more people die.

any other result will be worse, unless you want more people getting hurt.

FS1992EG 07-19-2014 11:51 AM

Has anyone made the connection between the lost Malaysian airliner missing a couple months back with this one that was shot down is the same type of plane, same Airline too.

Missing plane:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_17
Shot plane:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370
I smell something fishy.

Jgresch 07-19-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FS1992EG (Post 8504905)
Has anyone made the connection between the lost Malaysian airliner missing a couple months back with this one that was shot down is the same type of plane, same Airline too.

Missing plane:
Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shot plane:
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I smell something fishy.

:ahwow: omg it was the same airline?????? why are we just finding this out now?