REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Soft Tip Darts (https://www.revscene.net/forums/696881-soft-tip-darts.html)

Vale46Rossi 07-20-2014 04:09 PM

Soft Tip Darts

Anyone playing?

I have been obsessed with it lately, super fun!

If so, whats your setup?

320icar 07-20-2014 05:25 PM

Why not just play real darts like every other British person

ae101 07-28-2014 08:10 PM

cuz its much less of a headache since its all electronic

when im back in van i play at espot & q1, i gave my old set to my friend & my new set that im getting should look like this
http://gd3.alicdn.com/imgextra/i3/18...1802375215.jpg

then im gonna mix & match by change to a carbon shaft & carbon flight to reduce weight

once i figure out which barrel to opt for then i will have fully custom set

(FYI i suck at darts, im not that good unlike most ppl that go to q1)

Vale46Rossi 10-26-2014 01:49 AM

Gonna go ahead and bump this and perhaps this is the Darts page from now on?

Seems like Soft Tip darts is getting pretty damn big, super fun quick and easy!

Such an addicting game! I usually play at Estea or Westcoast Darts!

Verdasco 10-26-2014 07:20 AM

went to the bubble tea place near sushi town on burnaby and hastings somewhere. jesus... the staff and his friends kept getting bullseye in almost every shot LOL.... how do they do that.

punkwax 10-26-2014 07:57 AM

https://reflectionsinthewhy.files.wo...2/practice.jpg

TOS'd 10-26-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenDuang (Post 8548679)
Gonna go ahead and bump this and perhaps this is the Darts page from now on?

Seems like Soft Tip darts is getting pretty damn big, super fun quick and easy!

Such an addicting game! I usually play at Estea or Westcoast Darts!

I saw the Westcoast store in Crystal mall, I can just go in there and play? It looked strange since it was a store and I felt like if I were to play there I should buy something...lol.

Vale46Rossi 10-26-2014 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8548705)
I saw the Westcoast store in Crystal mall, I can just go in there and play? It looked strange since it was a store and I felt like if I were to play there I should buy something...lol.

Yup! for sure, just go in there and insert some loonies and play! Super nice people at WCD :)

If you don't have your own darts yet, you can use their house darts!

EX-R 10-26-2014 02:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my set of darts. I have 2 sets of shafts and flights for one barrel. The hello kitty flights are the one i mostly use. the black flights are used when my friends use my darts. My friends have a tendency to damage my flights lol.

TOS'd 01-29-2015 08:25 AM

When you buy flights, from WCD for example, and the fights have the little hole in them for the cap, do the flights include a cap or no? Like the ones EX-R has.

I bought a set of darts, the flights just slip into the slits of the dart shaft, but they dont seem very secure.

EDIT: nm, found them, they are called champagne caps. do they work on most dart shafts that are carbon/nylon/aluminum? Mine are aluminum and thinner than the ones I see on the WCD website, so I'm not sure if the cap will work.

Also any other local stores besides WCD?

Vale46Rossi 02-01-2015 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8588291)
When you buy flights, from WCD for example, and the fights have the little hole in them for the cap, do the flights include a cap or no? Like the ones EX-R has.

I bought a set of darts, the flights just slip into the slits of the dart shaft, but they dont seem very secure.

EDIT: nm, found them, they are called champagne caps. do they work on most dart shafts that are carbon/nylon/aluminum? Mine are aluminum and thinner than the ones I see on the WCD website, so I'm not sure if the cap will work.

Also any other local stores besides WCD?

Champagne caps work on their own branded flights if I recall correctly, if you bought your darts at WCD, they would usually throw those in. I have never used aluminum/metal shaft so I cant comment on that.

I use L-style shaft and flight so with the caps everything works well!

Other stores locally has too small of an selection compared to WCD so I always end up there.

Vale46Rossi 02-01-2015 02:20 AM

If you guys like watching as well and you are still awake right now,

Hong Kong Tour is on!

Cathy Leung, Royden is playing!

TOS'd 02-01-2015 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vale46Rossi (Post 8589729)
Champagne caps work on their own branded flights if I recall correctly, if you bought your darts at WCD, they would usually throw those in. I have never used aluminum/metal shaft so I cant comment on that.

I use L-style shaft and flight so with the caps everything works well!

Other stores locally has too small of an selection compared to WCD so I always end up there.

Need to pick up some 2BA o-rings and something to secure flights to aluminum shafts or maybe just thicker flights, then I would be set. I bought my darts from amazon.ca.

ae101 02-28-2015 11:28 PM

thread bump, went back van for christmas & my flight set was gone cuz i forgot to take the tips out (i got a letter in my luggage)

now im gonna rebuild my set again now im back in china, not sure if i should go with monster barrels or unicorn barrels (looks like unicorn is a lot cheaper)

my current set in canada is just a shitty 14.99 set from crappy tires (my one of my aluminum shaft came pre-bend)

Vale46Rossi 03-01-2015 02:51 AM

To be honest, I don't recommend using aluminum shafts at all, their is no reason to have such a heavy dart for soft-tip.

And for Monster Barrels or Unicorn, I personally prefer using Monster... but those are around $100-150 for a set.

I visited WestCoast Darts today and noticed they got some new Natural 9 90% tungsten darts for $50 they feel pretty nice, planning to buy a set for the girlfriend :)

ae101 03-02-2015 03:23 AM

holy crap, monsters cost way more then unicorn barrels

going to op for unicorn for now, just to see how they are

not too sure on flights, trying to figure out what flight i should use & what style (i have L style right now, but they wont last long)

v_tec 07-08-2015 07:17 PM

Besides Westcoast @ Crystal,

Where can I buy a 100S or Gran Board?

Vale46Rossi 07-13-2015 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_tec (Post 8657755)
Besides Westcoast @ Crystal,

Where can I buy a 100S or Gran Board?

Locally only Westcoast Darts carry them, both Richmond and Crystal location.

ae101 07-30-2015 11:15 PM

bump thread

im using dynasty flow barrels right now with stock shafts & im looking for another set of shafts what are some good shafts

Vale46Rossi 08-16-2015 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ae101 (Post 8665952)
bump thread

im using dynasty flow barrels right now with stock shafts & im looking for another set of shafts what are some good shafts

I was out of town and never really went online, but L-style it the way to go imo... they have tons of choices and they last pretty long.

I started using the carbon silent shafts and they work great, better than regular silent as they tend to spin even when it's in my hand.