REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   War for the House in Port Coquitlam - A Hornet Tale (https://www.revscene.net/forums/697117-war-house-port-coquitlam-hornet-tale.html)

RecklessNS 07-29-2014 06:47 PM

War for the House in Port Coquitlam - A Hornet Tale

So to give a little back story.

I moved into this house no more than six months ago. I haven’t really been out back since May, I take my dogs outside to run around for 30 minutes twice a day but haven’t ventured out all the way to the back yet.

Fast-forward to last week, I was out pulling weeds when I got stung by a bald faced hornet (I didn’t know what they were until I goggled dem fkers later). Honestly if they would’ve stung me once I was willing to let it go but they stung me multiple times. Shit was getting bananas like B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

This is where the War for the House in Port Coquitlam began.

This past weekend, I had a couple of buddies over and we were out in the back. I made sure everyone was aware of the immigrants in the back and not to venture too far. A little time past by and my buddy got stung by one of them. At that point, we took a golf wedge to their stronghold to send a message.

The message clearly wasn’t received.

They were now constantly flying near the patio and out front also. I was afraid for my dogs since my youngest dog doesn’t really know the true danger of some insects, he would eventually try to eat their nest.

This is when ICE_BOY, RECKLESS & RB PEST CONTROL came into play. ICE_BOY handled the flammables, I lit them on fire with the stick of truth and RB watched our six with some wasp killer while we went in.

**PLEASE DON'T NOT TRY THIS AT HOME**
**SRS DONT TOUCH FIRE KIDS**

CLIFFS:

-Had breakfast
-decided to burn down hornets nest
-burned down hornets nest
-went to the bank

fliptuner 07-29-2014 06:49 PM

After 0:50....

ICE BOY taken to the hospital

Reckless taken to the homeless shelter

rb taken to BBT

Lomac 07-29-2014 06:50 PM

:lol

I thought I recognized that sexy ass :ratedb:

SoNaRWaVe 07-29-2014 06:58 PM

lol where was the water boy? you know, in case the landscape caught on fire.

this was definitely handled by pros. ONLY the nest caught fire :D

around the 33second mark, you see a lonely one flying back. kamikaze going in trying to save his family.

punkwax 07-29-2014 06:59 PM

Weren't concerned the tree would ignite? Pretty dry out these days.. :suspicious:

ninja'd

nevertheless - job well done!

320icar 07-29-2014 07:07 PM

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/8e/8ec957...bc27b6d5aa.jpg

RecklessNS 07-29-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe (Post 8509847)
lol where was the water boy? you know, in case the landscape caught on fire.

this was definitely handled by pros. ONLY the nest caught fire :D

around the 33second mark, you see a lonely one flying back. kamikaze going in trying to save his family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkwax (Post 8509848)
Weren't concerned the tree would ignite? Pretty dry out these days.. :suspicious:

ninja'd

nevertheless - job well done!

Yeah, There was some concern the night before, That's why I asked ICE_BOY and RB (Thanks Guys!) there to lay out some precautions before we did anything. behind the camera we had some things ready to go if it got out of hand. We knew the risks and outcomes of what would've happened if it didn't turn out the way we wanted it to.

Honestly the video looks as if there was huge bushes/trees around it but really its like 4 bushes surrounded by dirt and rocks and on the other side is a parking lot.

But still, like I said we knew what we were in for and it turned out better than expected. If I were to do it differently I would've put a Toys'R'us kiddie pool underneath it so it would've been easier to clean up.

mk1freak 07-29-2014 07:21 PM

Gdi I shouldve went for lunch with you guys today lol

smoothie. 07-29-2014 07:24 PM

hose will put out fire... right? right?

nabs 07-29-2014 07:26 PM

plz redo the soundtrack...

fliptuner 07-29-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecklessNS (Post 8509854)
Yeah, There was some concern the night before, That's why I asked ICE_BOY and RB (Thanks Guys!) there to lay out some precautions before we did anything. behind the camera we had some things ready to go if it got out of hand. We knew the risks and outcomes of what would've happened if it didn't turn out the way we wanted it to.

Honestly the video looks as if there was huge bushes/trees around it but really its like 4 bushes surrounded by dirt and rocks and on the other side is a parking lot.

But still, like I said we knew what we were in for and it turned out better than expected. If I were to do it differently I would've put a Toys'R'us kiddie pool underneath it so it would've been easier to clean up.

Not me. I just came over to burn shit. :awwyeah:

It's hard to tell but the nest is on a branch that hangs forward, about 30" away from the bushes. Only 6" on either side of the hive actually burned.

nabs, that's not a soundtrack. This was actually happening behind us:

SoNaRWaVe 07-29-2014 09:21 PM

so....you guys have a house right in the home depot parking lot?

Spoiler!

fliptuner 07-29-2014 09:57 PM

Yes. Dis city fukt.

Gumby 07-29-2014 10:25 PM

I have 3 hornets nests within a 50 metre radius of my house... so far they have kept to themselves.

Obsideon 07-29-2014 10:34 PM

I didn't even know we had hornets in Vancouver. In all my life I never saw any until 2 weeks ago there was a big ass one in my living room. Damn they are huge.

SoNaRWaVe 07-29-2014 11:27 PM

burn your house down obsideon. save yourself now.

or for a low low fee, you can call the RS Burn Crew.

corollagtSr5 07-30-2014 12:16 AM

They are black with white stripes. The most awesome thing I saw as a child was a hornet grabbing a bee in flight and chopping it's head off with it's mouth and taking the body eat. Live discovery channel.

Ch28 07-30-2014 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 (Post 8510006)
They are black with white stripes. The most awesome thing I saw as a child was a hornet grabbing a bee in flight and chopping it's head off with it's mouth and taking the body eat. Live discovery channel.

smoothie. 07-30-2014 08:05 AM

Save the fluffy bees. Kill the hornets!

EuterVanWasser 07-30-2014 07:13 PM

Yeah, lately I've been finding these bald faced bastards around my place too.

Punkwax might remember as kids, we found a female ichneumon wasp in our house in Newton when we were like 10 & 12.. that was def. nightmare material for a while.

Inaii 07-30-2014 07:25 PM

So which end of Poco do you live on? Debating burning my place down and moving :lol