REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Things You Love About Vancouver (https://www.revscene.net/forums/697352-things-you-love-about-vancouver.html)

vafanculo 08-09-2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4_hung (Post 8514509)
I meet lots of Asian lg's through my 2 sisters and they have good tasting pussy and I love licking:lol

The fuq..u lick your sisters pussies?

I thought I was the only one

tastic 08-10-2014 01:20 AM

It's NOT Houston, TX...where we most recently lived before coming to Vancouver.

ilovebacon 08-10-2014 02:13 AM

lol so thats what polar bear swim is..

MaaaadMan 08-10-2014 02:22 AM

the food

4444 08-10-2014 02:53 AM

5pm, July through September, running on sea wall.

Except for the 4 wide idiots blocking the path, there are few better running routes and times

Great68 08-10-2014 07:28 AM

About the only things I miss about the Mainland are:

- Being able to hang out with my buddies from there more often
- More store selection/stuff in stock (or a short drive over to a location that would have it)
- Mission raceway
- More roads for longer cruises and more variety
- Closer proximity to ski hills
- Cheap local farm food prices

That's about it.

Lomac 08-10-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great68 (Post 8514588)
About the only things I miss about the Mainland are:

- Being able to hang out with my buddies from there more often
- More store selection/stuff in stock (or a short drive over to a location that would have it)
- Mission raceway

Those three for me.

Also, I miss good Indian and Asian cuisine, but that's not exclusive to Vancouver.

Other than that, I don't miss Vancouver at all.

m4_hung 08-10-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vafanculo (Post 8514515)
The fuq..u lick your sisters pussies?

I thought I was the only one

my sisters are pretty hot, want to meet them?:lol

ae101 08-10-2014 08:26 AM

^
pics or GTFO

things.that have not been said:

family, my dads here with me but.the reason of his family is in van

also miss air & tap water, i live in.china now & im shock to see blue.skys just few weeks ago

i miss manners, not a.lot of ppl in china has.them (i open a door for someone & they dont say thanks after)

NKC ONE 08-10-2014 08:28 AM

Friendliness and sincerity

StanleyR 08-10-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8514562)
5pm, July through September, running on sea wall.

Except for the 4 wide idiots blocking the path, there are few better running routes and times

Sea wall is over rated. Far better trails thru the park on the gravel. Far cleaner smelling air too

StanleyR 08-10-2014 09:05 AM

It's not anything like the prairies

murd0c 08-10-2014 09:24 AM

I love RS

punkwax 08-10-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4_hung (Post 8514596)

You just called your sisters hot.... :seriously:

And no one gives a fuck about your car or your dick.

Way to ruin a good thread. The fuck outta here. :moderatorban:

4444 08-10-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyR (Post 8514609)
Sea wall is over rated. Far better trails thru the park on the gravel. Far cleaner smelling air too

depends what you like to run on really.

i love seawall running bc:
1) ocean air (not sure why you think the air isn't fresh, that cool breeze off the ocean is great)
2) i don't like running on gravel, just a personal preference, i'm used to running on streets, nothing loose or grass (only exception is sand, as it makes the run much tougher, which is good!)
3) I don't like running in trails as i find the air gets heavy, with all the trees, so it's a bit more muggy. if you know what i mean, you don't get as good of a breeze, and i have an overheating issue with my body, so the ocean breeze if perfect.

again, just personal running preference. my favourite place in the world to run is the beaches of california as you get more of a breeze because of the waves / the moisture in the air from the sea... add that to the baking hot sun, the breeze/sea water keeps you cooler - to me, that's perfection!

i'm sure there are other beaches all over that yuo can do the same thing on, i just haven't run on them yet

T4RAWR 08-10-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4_hung (Post 8514596)

Yes...

Yes I do.............

:pokerface:

4444 08-10-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyR (Post 8514609)
Sea wall is over rated.

And yes, completely agree, but most things in van are overrated.

It's good, maybe great, but ur right, it's not the second coming of baby Jesus like it's made out to be (such as kits beach being top 10 in world)

Bouncing Bettys 08-10-2014 11:11 AM

This

/thread

GS8 08-10-2014 11:32 AM

Coconut Water
Mango Coconut Water
Quinoa (Dat red grain)
Yoga pants
Sunset yoga in yoga pants
Vancity Buzz articles
The superficiality
The hype
We belittle other cities around the country yet offer little of worth to justify it other than 'I live here therefore it's better'

And soon:

Real LGs of Vancouver EP. 01-001

Everymans 08-10-2014 11:45 AM

-bike rave
-Celebration of lights
-amazing nature within an hours drive.
-The amount of outdoor activities within the city limits are endless. I don't see how anyone could stay inside all day during the summer when you can do so much outdoorsy shit in this city.
-Great beer culture
-Gorgeous women errywhere.
-Dog parks
-flash mob water fights
-spotting exotic cars.
-Chill people(for the most part)
-Progressive thinking people.

ImportPsycho 08-10-2014 03:17 PM

Had to google what LG means

Urban Dictionary: LG

Quote:

The word LG originated in Vancouver, B.C.
Probably you pervs

Hondaracer 08-10-2014 03:30 PM

Enjoy being able to choose from unlimited styles of food all excellent quality
Able to pay next to nothing for great sushi all the time
Sitting on a patio in the sun having the mountains as the backdrop
Acessability to mountains, oceans, rivers, lakes
Indian arm
Granville island and surroundings
Beaches
Ease of access
A freeway that turned a 1.5 hour commute to 15 minutes
Climate

dlo 08-10-2014 03:31 PM

the weed
stanely park
sea to sky highway
surrey being 3 cities away :lol

Mike Oxbig 08-10-2014 05:33 PM

^ Should make a new thread Things you love about Surrey

-newton wave pool

dangonay 08-10-2014 08:21 PM

I come from the prairies (near Saskatoon) and although I like Vancouver better, it's not a slam dunk. A lot of people seem to think the only livable place in Canada is Vancouver, and everywhere else is a distant 2nd. It's simply not true.

What I liked about the prairies:

Going to our cabin at the lake. The ratio of lakes/water to the population is so damn low in Vancouver that nobody can afford to have a waterfront cabin. An equivalent to our family cabin back home runs $2 million (if you want to be within a 1-1.5 hour drive from Vancouver and want a good size chunk of waterfront).

We literally spend most of the summer there and ski until your arms are ready to fall off. And I can actually ski on glass with hardly another boat in sight. Compare that to going to Harrison (for example) and waiting in line for all the idiots in front of you trying to launch their boat. We also spend a lot of time there in winter. Mostly snowmobiling and ice fishing. Or sitting out on the ice at night and actually being able to see the stars because the sky is crystal clear and there are no lights for miles.

The food. We have fresh eggs right from the chicken coop, milk from the cows and we butcher our own livestock. I HATE the quality of beef around here (unless you want to pay for it). We have our own gardens (real gardens, not this strip gardening bullshit) and enjoy all sorts of fresh fruits and vegetables in the Summer. Towards the Fall we collect everything up and make pickles, sauces and salsas, jams and preserves (we can everything ourselves). Tastes way better than anything you'll ever buy in the store and we actually KNOW what the ingredients are. We also fish year round, though I do like the wider variety of seafood in Vancouver.

Of course, we had a farm. But even people who don't own a farm can still get the same benefits. That's because we produce more than we could ever use, and make money selling the rest. There are numerous ways for people to get access to some incredibly good, and fresh food.

The people. I find many people in Vancouver have a "me first" attitude in that it's more about them and what can they do to get ahead. And I never saw so many "posers" spending every last dollar they have to try and appear wealthier than they actually are (I know these people exist everywhere, but they are so damn prominent here). An example that I really noticed when I got here: I regularly stop to help people who are broken down or having car issues. I find myself stopping in BC far more often that I used to back home. Why is that? Because back home when I come across something odds are others have ALREADY stopped. Here it seems all too often that I'm the first person who BOTHERED to stop.

I still like Vancouver and plan on staying here for the foreseeable future. But if I did go back home I'm not going to whine about how crappy it is and how stupid I was to leave Vancouver. To be honest, my salary is the main thing that keeps me here. If I could do the same job for the same money I'd seriously consider moving back.