REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Quesiton: International Shipping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/697403-quesiton-international-shipping.html)

G 08-12-2014 06:39 AM

Quesiton: International Shipping

Have you guy's ever shipped anything internationally? If so, what provider did you use and how secure/fast were they?

Specifically, I am looking at shipping something from Canada to Asia and my temporary quote right now for FedEx is around $100 for tracking+signature included.

Thanks in advance!:toot:

jeedee 08-12-2014 06:53 AM

I've never personally shipped to Asia but have to United States.

Have you tried getting a quote from Canada Post on how much it would cost to ship to Asia?

Fedex isn't a bad choice but basically stay as far away from UPS

G 08-12-2014 08:35 AM

I have looked into Canada Post, but how are they compared to FedEx? I know that FedEx is probably the most well known in terms of shipping and I have not really heard much about Canada Post in terms of international shipping...

I also looked into DHL as well but again, just curious to know if people have a preference/method/experience with some of these companies

SkinnyPupp 08-12-2014 08:37 AM

It depends on how fast you need to get it t here... If you're not in a hurry, Canada Post will be the cheapest.

Fedex is a good bet if you need to get it there fast. DHL is also good

Nicotine 08-12-2014 09:23 AM

in reality it would basically be a matter of price and prefrence,
having worked at one of these major companies before,
and having friends that work for others still i can tell you its a total crapshoot in terms of handling procedure.
not that anyone is particularly trying to damage things, but it happens more often than you can imagine.
make sure you pack whatever it is verywell before you ship it out.

winson604 08-12-2014 12:59 PM

If you are not far from the US you could also consider shipping with USPS. Otherwise if speed is not a factor I would just stick with Canada Post.

G 08-12-2014 07:08 PM

I am not really worried about time, but security is a definite factor. It seems like the more secure options (with signature and tracking) are usually the express priority options.

I'll prob put air packets in the boxes to make sure they are safe...

Thanks for all your input!

tiger_handheld 08-12-2014 09:29 PM

edit. OP has made a decision.

G 08-13-2014 07:48 AM

^Probably go with either DHL or FedEx. :)

Secondary choices: Purolator, Canada Post

Inaii 08-13-2014 07:58 AM

Overseas shipping I always recommend DHL. I dealt with them for 4 years and never once had an issue.