REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   Who rides a V-rod? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/697602-who-rides-v-rod.html)

evlee 08-21-2014 07:53 PM

Who rides a V-rod?

Sold the sport bike and looking to get into a v rod, just seeing if anyone else on REVSCENE rides one? I am gonna hit up Barnes this weekend for a test ride. I love the look of the bike and I heard its a blast!

cdizzle_996 08-21-2014 08:49 PM

I've rode one, however I'm a sport bike rider. Honestly after riding the new breakout, I'd go for that

Gucci Mane 08-22-2014 01:09 AM

my favorite harley... too bad ill never be able to own a bike. please make me jealous by posting lots of pictures and videos if you buy the bike.

evlee 08-22-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 (Post 8519649)
I've rode one, however I'm a sport bike rider. Honestly after riding the new breakout, I'd go for that

i love my sport bike, but after a 16 hour group ride. i need a more comfortable ride with power. and i am the only one left in my circle who does not have a hog, the brakout looks sick but i love the way v rod looks.. like a drag bike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight_KB (Post 8519750)
my favorite harley... too bad ill never be able to own a bike. please make me jealous by posting lots of pictures and videos if you buy the bike.

haha i will;)

Gwilo 08-22-2014 03:33 PM

Jesse rides a V-Rod, but it has a broken volume control.

It only has two settings very loud, and even F'n LOUDER

evlee 08-22-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwilo (Post 8519999)
Jesse rides a V-Rod, but it has a broken volume control.

It only has two settings very loud, and even F'n LOUDER

slip on? or full exhaust? brand?:woot2:

Sunfighter 08-22-2014 10:13 PM

I think Jessie is trading his in for a newer model ... maybe see if you can buy his current one? It's mint.

Jessie_P 08-22-2014 10:14 PM

It's an Akrapovic full open line exhaust :wiggle: if you have neighbours don't get this exhaust lol

I have the night rod special (basically a blacked out vrod) on what they call a stage 2 with power commander, heavy breather, some engine bits, and a full exhaust (saved over 30lbs in weight)

Honestly the bike is phenomenal, fastest production harley and significantly faster than the CVOs (breakout included) and many sport bikes at speeds under 180km ish

The revolution engine is designed to reach peak power at high RPMs but it's also a torque monster from knot to 100km, and that fat 240mm rear tire gives it a ton of traction

I keep up with 1000cc bikes and basically any 600cc, twisties are tricky but you learn to push the bike and always catch up in the straights

I think most people I ride with will agree I have no problem running with the big 1000cc+ bikes on twistie roads (at least I think so lol)

Supersport 09-07-2014 06:13 AM

We just slow down for you. Jk we never went on a ride this summer

bananana 09-07-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessie_P (Post 8520150)
It's an Akrapovic full open line exhaust :wiggle: if you have neighbours don't get this exhaust lol

I have the night rod special (basically a blacked out vrod) on what they call a stage 2 with power commander, heavy breather, some engine bits, and a full exhaust (saved over 30lbs in weight)

Honestly the bike is phenomenal, fastest production harley and significantly faster than the CVOs (breakout included) and many sport bikes at speeds under 180km ish

The revolution engine is designed to reach peak power at high RPMs but it's also a torque monster from knot to 100km, and that fat 240mm rear tire gives it a ton of traction

I keep up with 1000cc bikes and basically any 600cc, twisties are tricky but you learn to push the bike and always catch up in the straights

I think most people I ride with will agree I have no problem running with the big 1000cc+ bikes on twistie roads (at least I think so lol)

Oh man I haven't thought about it for awhile but for a very long period of time that was my most favorite bike. Got any pics? Meyb even a vid? :D

?NR 09-08-2014 04:44 PM

^I have tunnel blasting vids of his night rod somewhere lol.

bananana 09-08-2014 08:21 PM

:Popcorn

sleepywheel 09-08-2014 09:11 PM

I'm thinking of getting one. What to look for and what years to avoid?

JDął 09-12-2014 10:32 AM

Funny seeing this thread as I was just looking at VRod's a few weeks ago. I'd love to find one with a wrecked front end and have a proper power cruiser project. Get some inverted forks up front with radial brakes and clean up all the flashy Harley garbage. Couple performance parts, some clipons, etc. Something like this would just kick ass to cruise around on:

http://www.mezzomotorsports.com/bomo...185motors7.jpg
http://www.mezzomotorsports.com/bomo...185motors2.jpg

evlee 09-12-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepywheel (Post 8526742)
I'm thinking of getting one. What to look for and what years to avoid?

Nothing really to avoid, v rods from the start are great reliable bikes

6793026 09-13-2014 04:38 PM

v rod is not really a Harley bike, it's a joint design with Porsche.
FYI, the fuel tank is actually in front, but in fact, the fuel tank is UNDER the rider... better balance etc.

You need to be a semi taller person to ride it as you'll need long enough legs to wrap around the tanke, and it's not as comfy riding esp. with the reach.

other mechanics doesn't really like the vrod cause it's not a "true" harley and its a bit difficult to fix, but that shouldn't always be the case.

Gwilo 09-13-2014 05:39 PM

Thats right don't buy the V Rod.

Buy my Warrior

http://www.revscene.net/forums/69764...or-2005-a.html

sleepywheel 09-13-2014 08:06 PM

Guess I'm going to have to drop by Deeley's and have a look. My biggest concern is that I have carpal tunnel in my left wrist and 6793026's comment about a long reach concerns me. I've tried riding an R1 and I got about a block away when the pain showed up, but then there's a lot of weight on it because of the riding position. The pics from JD13 really makes me want a v-rod and start the mods.

68style 09-14-2014 08:14 AM

I never, ever in my whole life thought I would ever say I liked a Harley... but I looked at the website after reading this thread and by god that green Night Rod looks pretty fantastic. Just cannot believe I am saying this.

68style 09-14-2014 08:16 AM

I never, ever in my whole life thought I would ever say I liked a Harley... but I looked at the website after reading this thread and by god that green Night Rod looks pretty fantastic. Just cannot believe I am saying this.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/conte...-special-1.jpg