REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Toronto counsellor wants gender neutral national anthem (https://www.revscene.net/forums/697623-toronto-counsellor-wants-gender-neutral-national-anthem.html)

multicartual 08-22-2014 03:18 PM

Toronto counsellor wants gender neutral national anthem

Toronto councillor wants 'thy sons' taken out of O Canada - Toronto - CBC News

Thoughts?

Hey, it made national news... national news!!!

murd0c 08-22-2014 03:32 PM

This COUNCILLOR must be smoking crack with Rob Ford... Keep it the way it's always been and fuck off

StylinRed 08-22-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8519998)
This COUNCILLOR must be smoking crack with Rob Ford... Keep it the way it's always been and fuck off

well rob ford says it shouldnt be brought up @ their council at all so he seems to have more sense than she ;)

fliptuner 08-22-2014 04:24 PM

Oh, fuck off. :fuckthatshit:

RecklessNS 08-22-2014 04:26 PM

http://38.media.tumblr.com/508366adf...wc1to1_500.gif

Spoiler!

multicartual 08-22-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Ah spelling :(:failed:

vafanculo 08-22-2014 05:05 PM

He must be a lesbian

flagella 08-22-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Rob Ford seems to be handling the crack better than she is. Stupid fucking cunt.

multicartual 08-22-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagella (Post 8520051)
Rob Ford seems to be handling the crack better than she is. Stupid fucking cunt.

There is a huge push for transgender and non-gender conforming things in Canada. On one hand I feel like you do, fuck this bitch, but on the other...

Two transgender children struggle to be themselves | Globalnews.ca

I don't remember any of this only 20 years ago and now you can find stories of transgender children as young as 6!

Without being judgmental, it is still hard to wrap my head around this stuff. The whole anthem thing, gender-neutral bathrooms, gays everywhere, social justice warriors, radfems, etc etc... what's going on?! Maybe at 36 I'm already a backwards dinosaur that grew up in a time where masculinity and femininity were separate and the "rules" of life were more clear.

Maybe NOW we are all just SO free and independent of each other we can truly do or be anything we want and she wants to update the anthem to reflect that.

I don't even know what it means to be Canadian other than absolute freedom and free healthcare.

But hey, party on, nobody's getting killed in the street, yay!!! :)

Jmac 08-22-2014 06:53 PM

This shit is getting ridiculous.

320icar 08-22-2014 07:25 PM

That is fucked. Didn't click link but gotta be a woman

BrRsn 08-22-2014 07:34 PM

Tell em to go fuck themselves

oh wait .. they already do that :fuckthatshit:

We didn't make the sacrifices to make Canada what it is, leave it as it is. If you had people like this running Canada back in the 1800's we probably would be part of the USA right now.
Typical politicians ... avoiding the real issues in Syria/Iraq/Ukraine and focusing on this, great work

underscore 08-22-2014 08:17 PM

If this is seriously the most offensive issue that someone can find and dedicate their efforts towards, then they've got it pretty fucking good. If one word in the anthem is the most discriminatory thing left in Canada, then sweet. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and use your time for more important issues.

my $0.02

edit: And they're a city councillor, bringing it up at a city meeting. I know Toronto thinks they're the centre of Canada but this is getting ridiculous.

multicartual 08-22-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8520103)
I know Toronto thinks they're the centre of Canada but this is getting ridiculous.

I think if anyone speaks out against a feminist or social justice issue it is political suicide.

Straight white males are instantly the villain in any situation that doesn't involve a conflict with another straight white male.

Look at how much shit Rob Ford gets for not putting the LGBTZYQ flag up at city hall!

Mayor Moonbeam is fully in bed with the gay community in Vancouver so you'll never hear a peep of controversy about that.

Traum 08-22-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8520134)
I think if anyone speaks out against a feminist or social justice issue it is political suicide.

I fxxking hate these political correctness fxxktards. No one ever fxxking intended anything to be discriminatory, but they just love to play that fxxking victim card and cry foul of how they are fxxking discriminated again.

Way back in my highschool English class (wasn't even that long ago -- only in the 90's), my English teacher specifically taught me that when you write a sentence with a 3rd person pronoun, if you don't intend to have a specific gender in mind, you either use "one" or "he". The fxxking word "he" is already supposed to be fxxking gender neutral in this case. The English language was already used that way, with no fxxking discrimination or gender bias intended. But these fxxking gender warrior fxxktards just have to fxxking play victim and stir shxt up.

The next thing you know is, if I fxxking walk past these idiots and didn't say hi to them, they're gonna say I fxxking don't think of them as regular people, and is thereby fxxking discriminating them. But if I say hi to them as I walk by, they're gonna say that I specifically said hi to them because I picked them out of the crowd, and is thus still fxxking discriminating them. You just can't win against these idiots. :failed:

BrRsn 08-22-2014 10:23 PM

fxxking a

Spoiler!

multicartual 08-23-2014 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8520147)
I fxxking hate these political correctness fxxktards. No one ever fxxking intended anything to be discriminatory, but they just love to play that fxxking victim card and cry foul of how they are fxxking discriminated again.

Did you see this?

Welcome to Vancouver?s gender-neutral pronoun wars - The Globe and Mail

melloman 08-25-2014 07:27 AM

In before I commit suicide because the world turns into the movie Demolition Man.

:facepalm:

murd0c 08-25-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 8520901)
In before I commit suicide because the world turns into the movie Demolition Man.

how do you use the 3 sea shells?

Ulic Qel-Droma 08-25-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 8520901)

uhhh i'd just be hooked up to that sex simulator thing all day.

shenmecar 08-25-2014 02:02 PM

http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uplo...hrough-you.jpg