REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   high speed vibrations. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/697731-high-speed-vibrations.html)

Holeshot 08-27-2014 06:52 PM

high speed vibrations.

Got new tires in my sportbike and now I have a vibration starting at 140kph. At 170kph is pretty bad. Like the bike is bouncing up and down. The tires are michelin pilot power 3. Balanced twice and the balance is perfect. Suspension was adjusted and did not help one bit. The shop where the tires were bought from and mounted at is gonna try and figure out why is doing this. This is my 5th? 7th? Set of tires from them and I've never had an issue and it did not have a vibration issue before the new tires.
Just a bad tire, out of round?
Anyone experience this?

kross9 08-27-2014 07:08 PM

while you say its
Quote:

Like the bike is bouncing up and down
you may have it perfectly balanced statically, I would suggest balancing it again dynamically and use a road force machine as you may have a hard spot in the tire

Puck Luck 08-27-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kross9 (Post 8522109)
use a road force machine as you may have a hard spot in the tire

just what i was thinking

Holeshot 08-27-2014 09:23 PM

Which shop in the lower mainland has a road force machine?

hchang 08-27-2014 09:48 PM

I totally came in here expecting this thread to be about something else

kross9 08-28-2014 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holeshot (Post 8522184)
Which shop in the lower mainland has a road force machine?

Most shops who do lots of tire have em i think, only place i know for sure is my school and my instructors shop

Puck Luck 08-29-2014 12:01 AM

as far as i know, Honda dealers have them. (cars) Not sure if a bike wheel will fit on it though. Years ago i tried balancing my old gixer rear wheel on our balancer at work, but the center hole on the wheel was too small for it. I imagine it might be the same with roadforce machine. not sure what bike shops would carry one

Holeshot 08-30-2014 05:55 PM

i have access to a roadforce balancer and it does not do motorcyle wheels and tires. if it does, i do not have the attachments to do so.

either way, bike was back at the shop today to see what it was. test rode, suspension adjusted, wheel balanced, test rode, and suspension adjusted. still vibrating.
new front tire installed and balanced, suspension adjusted, test rode and balanced again.
well it was the front tire, must have been out of round. no more vibrations.

more than happy with my new tires now. they were good before till about 140kph, now silky smooth all the way to 200kph :P