REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Autobody repair shops in Richmond (https://www.revscene.net/forums/697801-autobody-repair-shops-richmond.html)

dmak4 08-30-2014 05:14 PM

Autobody repair shops in Richmond

Anyone recommend a good auto body shop in Richmond? I got into an accident today and the rear driver side of my car, including the taillight is dented and scratched. Also think the wheel rear driver side wheel is wobbling a bit and my exhaust got a bit bent.

I was thinking about taking it to No.1 Collision, through the Lexus dealership i.e. Richmond Auto Body, or Boyd Auto body, let me know if you guys got any experience with them.

My car is a 2nd gen Lexus IS in Obsidian (Black), I'll need a place the provides a courtesy car and an ICBC accredited VALET repair shop.

Thanks in advance.

fyi, accident was not my fault.

GLOW 08-30-2014 05:22 PM

rich city behind ironwood plaza for auto body. call ahead to ensure they have a car for you.
don't know about the wobbling wheel though. all i know is that they only do autobody repair

SpeedStars 08-30-2014 06:40 PM

No. 1 is pretty decent for higher end cars ( I have heard of redos though) and I know Richmond Auto Body uses genuine OEM parts since they have dealership connections. I've also seen great work from Boyd!

Energy 08-30-2014 06:44 PM

No. 1 Collision did some work for me. The paint match was off the first time so I took it back and they redid it with no questions asked. It was perfect the second time. So they do good work, I just wish I didn't have to go back.

IMASA 08-30-2014 06:56 PM

I've been to Richmond Autobody twice with 2 different cars. Both times the color match was perfect. Only complaint was some kind of overspray residue on both cars. It comes off with claybar and a polish.

RevYouUp 08-30-2014 07:55 PM

Richmond automind is great as well

entrax 08-30-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedStars (Post 8523299)
I've also seen great work from Boyd!

February I had my front bumper repainted due to someone backing into me. Paint match was not good. Been waiting since May for them to tell me to come in. So many excuses about old paint being old, hard to match, bla bla bla. I took it back finally for them to assess it, and they painted me a card that matches much much better, but it's been months since we agreed to repaint it.

TLDR front bumper repainted, didn't match, it's been 6 months.

Edit: I got my car back today Sep 12/14. Paint matches now. Paulo at the Richmond location took my concerns and made the best of it. I can say that even though I had to go through hoops, stressful conversations, and waited a long time, they did the job and I'm satisfied with the final product.

jasonc 08-30-2014 08:34 PM

i know 2 shop owners in richmond.

effective autobody on no.3 or

new professions bridgeport.

effective does very fast work and new profession quality is top notch. they work on a lot of higher end cars. i can get you in touch with the owner if needed.

Truenosan 08-30-2014 09:40 PM

OP, if ICBC issued you just a claim number, then you will need to take it to an ICBC Express Valet shop. I believe No1 Richmond lost their Express, and New Profession in Richmond hasn't gotten their accreditation yet.

dmak4 08-30-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonc (Post 8523322)
i know 2 shop owners in richmond.

effective autobody on no.3 or

new professions bridgeport.

effective does very fast work and new profession quality is top notch. they work on a lot of higher end cars. i can get you in touch with the owner if needed.

Thanks, if you could PM me with further information about those shops, that would be great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truenosan (Post 8523338)
OP, if ICBC issued you just a claim number, then you will need to take it to an ICBC Express Valet shop. I believe No1 Richmond lost their Express, and New Profession in Richmond hasn't gotten their accreditation yet.

Yes, they've only issued me a claim number. I've updated the post, thanks.

Nvasion 08-30-2014 09:58 PM

even if icbc expressed your repair and you still want to bring it to new profession or no 1 collision just phone icbc and tell them you want to make a claim center appointment. after the claim center appointment then you can take it to whatever shop you want.

Truenosan 08-30-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvasion (Post 8523342)
even if icbc expressed your repair and you still want to bring it to new profession or no 1 collision just phone icbc and tell them you want to make a claim center appointment. after the claim center appointment then you can take it to whatever shop you want.

Yep, you can do that. Just an extra step in which some people can't be bothered to do (or don't have time).

Tr1ll 08-30-2014 10:52 PM

Fast Track

matrixfwd 02-09-2016 10:31 PM

Any recent good experiences with Richmond shops like Fastrack, automind or open road?

I see on Fastrack website they got some kind of Honda accreditation, but not sure how important this is for an old 98 prelude needing rear bumper repair.

Cman333 02-10-2016 03:40 PM

Grand Performance has done good by me.

I've gone to a couple other listed ones, and they have been decent, but GP is the only one that seemed to exceed my expectations.

nabs 02-10-2016 04:25 PM

Fast track

dmak4 02-10-2016 06:36 PM

I ended up going to Fast Track, pretty satisfied with them! Asked them to paint and install an extra part and they did it at a pretty low price.

matrixfwd 02-10-2016 06:43 PM

Thanks