REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:06 AM   #76
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
i spoke too soon about the chinese

Chinese national 'captured' fighting for ISIS - CNN.com

totally forgot, we wouldn't know if they were attacked cuz no news would come out lol.

i guess they're already involved.
Advertisement
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #77
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Read some stuff last night about a potential threat against New York, and quite a few people who live in NY were commenting on how the police presence in the subways has mysteriously been noticeably low. Many places where cops are posted have been empty for a couple weeks
Old 09-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #78
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,553 Times in 1,706 Posts
^Because ISIS isn't a threat domestically, plain and simple.

I have never heard a single person credibly explain to be how bombing and fighting individuals whether it be in Iraq, or Syria, makes the United States any safer.

If this group had any intentions of committing a terrorist act in the US, they could do so tomorrow. Spending billions of tax dollars to bomb a COMPLETELY isolated threat does not make the West any more safe.

Why are we repeating this rhetoric decade after decade? Are we any safer today after Afghanistan, and Iraq? One can easily argue that if anything these regions are far more destabilized and less safe than before the US went in there.

You can't bomb and fight an idea. ISIS is an idea. Who doesn't think that once ISIS is bombed off the map, there won't be another new group to take their place? Jesus there were already reports that the Americans were bombing a new group even worse than ISIS (I believe Khorasan they were called)?

The question is, when does this all end? Or more so, when does the media and government stop selling this bullshit story that these engagements are about the safety of the people, and not just a version of modern imperialism?

Domestically, America's infrastructure and middle class is deteriorating at an exponential rate, and yet you are seeing massive amounts of GDP being dumped into the Middle East, only serving a few key interests, while the rest of the US suffers. It just doesn't make sense to me anymore, and I'm shocked people aren't more up in arms about the garbage we're being fed here.

Trust me, I'm the furthest from a Tin-Foil hat type guy, but let’s call a spade a spade, ISIS while not fictional, is certainly a false flag that is being used as a reason to perpetuate the war machine.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #79
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Obama just stated yesterday in an interview that Syria is much more complicated than it seems. Most of the land is ungoverned and that the use of military forces was needed. He also stated that several modular refineries were attacked and successfully killed I forgot how many ISIS militant.

I'm not even sure anymore if Obama's has any priority to rescue these hostages from ISIS or if he just wants to control land in Syria.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:38 PM   #80
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
ISIS Is Getting Closer To Baghdad - Business Insider

1989 Yamaha Virago XV535 (sold)
1994 Ford Ranger (sold)
1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon (sold)
2014 Toyota Corolla (loaner)
1996 Isuzu Trooper (RIP🔥)
2003 Jetta Wolfie (sold)
1963 (T)rusty Stude Lark (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
kunoman is still alive! not raped by oil riggers yet....
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #81
I keep RS good

China and US to focus on combating IS at Beijing summit, Hong Kong not priority: Shanghaiist
Old 10-09-2014, 01:14 PM   #82
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
^Because ISIS isn't a threat domestically, plain and simple.

I have never heard a single person credibly explain to be how bombing and fighting individuals whether it be in Iraq, or Syria, makes the United States any safer.

If this group had any intentions of committing a terrorist act in the US, they could do so tomorrow. Spending billions of tax dollars to bomb a COMPLETELY isolated threat does not make the West any more safe.

Why are we repeating this rhetoric decade after decade? Are we any safer today after Afghanistan, and Iraq? One can easily argue that if anything these regions are far more destabilized and less safe than before the US went in there.

You can't bomb and fight an idea. ISIS is an idea. Who doesn't think that once ISIS is bombed off the map, there won't be another new group to take their place? Jesus there were already reports that the Americans were bombing a new group even worse than ISIS (I believe Khorasan they were called)?

The question is, when does this all end? Or more so, when does the media and government stop selling this bullshit story that these engagements are about the safety of the people, and not just a version of modern imperialism?

Domestically, America's infrastructure and middle class is deteriorating at an exponential rate, and yet you are seeing massive amounts of GDP being dumped into the Middle East, only serving a few key interests, while the rest of the US suffers. It just doesn't make sense to me anymore, and I'm shocked people aren't more up in arms about the garbage we're being fed here.

Trust me, I'm the furthest from a Tin-Foil hat type guy, but let’s call a spade a spade, ISIS while not fictional, is certainly a false flag that is being used as a reason to perpetuate the war machine.
X100000

Exactly.

Who gives a shit about Isis takin some small northern village in Iraq, that is a concern for the western world?

When you can go to massive events where thousands of people gather and not have to go through pat downs or security checks, and you're worried about a couple hundred guys out fighting each other in the desert? Lol
Old 10-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #83
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Well if you believe the latest reports, ISIS was/is planning to hit shopping malls in Canada critics are calling it a conservative party scare tactic though
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #84
I keep RS good

for all who wonder why the USA is so "world police"

just re-read not so long ago history...

WWI to WWII...

league of nations, all that crap, and then america helping the world by becoming a major war manufacturing power plant and saving the world from the nazi's.

the UN is useless because just like the league of nations, they didn't really plan or do jack shit. they cant do jack shit.

the USA was forced into making weapons for everyone, and then going to save everyone.

imagine nations as living entities... old entities, that act no different than old people. they will always act the same based on the shit that happened to them earlier in their life.

nations change and age much slower than the cells (people) they are composed of.

you don't just go from a world weapons manufacturing plant, and world police, to not, in a few life times.

it was predestined. The USA is the way it is today, because of WWI and II. They are in everyone's noses, cuz no one was back then, and look what the fuck happened.

You can sure bet they aren't gonna ever make that mistake again.

The world made the USA the way it is. And it will continue to act this way until they are proven wrong...

it's a test of time, beyond the measurement of 1-2 generations. beyond the measurement of a human life.

the USA is in everyone's fucking noses because we appointed them to do it generations ago.
they do it because no one did it back then and the world went to shit, people started to do whatever they wanted and the world just stood by and watched.

now the USA will always be in peoples noses, cuz two countries at war, is worse than the world at war.

it only takes 1 shit disturber to fuck everything up.

I only fully realised this after i re-read up about WWI and II and how the wars started and how they were mediated.

it makes perfect fucking sense. we are just living in the shadow of the past.