REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   School bullies son because father narc'd him (https://www.revscene.net/forums/698020-school-bullies-son-because-father-narcd-him.html)

Presto 09-10-2014 03:14 PM

School bullies son because father narc'd him

The mistake was going to the police to get them do the dad's job of being a friggin' parent. Not only does your kid get in trouble, and a criminal record, but it screws over a bunch of others. Of course, he's going to get bullied. Relentlessly. Even without social media, this would have played out similarly.

Quote:

MARION, Ind. - The family of a former Marion High School athlete said he was the victim of extreme bullying that was allowed by school officials.

Kevin Rittenhouse said his 18-year-old son Alex was harassed and taunted at a soccer game Sept. 3 when students showed up wearing T-shirts displaying his mug shot.

School leaders claimed action was taken to stop the harassment, but not before the teen’s family said he was publicly humiliated at the school event.

Rittenhouse said his son was arrested last summer after he and his friends were caught with marijuana. Rittenhouse said he decided to turn his son in to police.

"Authorities confiscated his phone and that's how they came up with the other names of the other players and they assumed my nephew was a ‘nark.’ That's when the other players and parents started turning against my nephew and my brother," Kelly Chastain said.

Alex’s family said the bullying got so bad after the incident that he transferred to Oak Hill High School for a fresh start.

Last week, Marion High School students showed up to the soccer game against Oak Hill wearing the shirts with his mug shot and chanted his name.

"I know kids will be kids, I know they make mistakes, but to see an adult wearing this T-shirt -- that was unbelievable to me," Rittenhouse said.

Marion High School officials called the situation disappointing and said administrators took a proactive stance by turning people away at the gate who were wearing the shirts.

The Rittenhouse family said they saw people with the shirts in the stands and administrators didn't respond quickly enough.

Read the full statement from Marion High School officials:
Quote:

"Marion High School administrators addressed the issue of the shirts in question immediately upon learning of them soon after school started on the day of the soccer double header. Anyone found wearing one of the shirts at school throughout the day was required to remove it, per dress code policy.

"In addition, school administrators took a proactive stance at the time of the games, turning people who were wearing the shirts away at the gate. No one was allowed into the stadium with one of the shirts visible. Unfortunately, there were a few who concealed them and displayed them once inside the stadium. MHS administrators dealt with those as they arose, and people were asked to cover the shirts or leave the stadium.

The MHS Athletic Department is committed to developing champions of character and promoting the spirit of sportsmanship. Coaches and teams were notified that day that any players wearing the shirts would not be allowed entry into the stadium.”

It is a disappointing situation. Administrators have spoken directly with family members to try to resolve their concerns, and would be happy to discuss the situation further if they address their continued concerns directly to us."

flagella 09-10-2014 03:49 PM

Hmm....................... ok.

Noir 09-10-2014 04:16 PM

I don't think the dad urged his son to turn himself to the police, so that the police would do his job as a parent.

It's an overkill way to rectify a situation though, but nice spin on it ;)

JesseBlue 09-10-2014 04:47 PM

next headline will be..."school shooting at Marion, IN"

AAnthony 09-10-2014 04:47 PM

-----

The_AK 09-10-2014 05:13 PM

So from what i gathered from this story the father caught his son and his friends smoking marijuana and as as a result turned him into the police. Am i reading this correctly or are my eyes playing tricks on me? What a pussy father.

murd0c 09-10-2014 05:17 PM

From the title I thought the school was actually bullying the son

vafanculo 09-10-2014 05:55 PM

I hate parents that do this. Its your job as a parent to discipline your kids, not the cops. Police don't care about your kids..they are just another case to them.

Smack the shit outta your kid if you have to. I don't care of people disagree, but I wouldn't even turn my kid in if they killed someone. I may of failed as a father, but still my duty to protect them

Ronin 09-10-2014 06:08 PM

I don't see what the big deal is. Great parenting, idiot.

Chinese people are freaking out about Jackie Chan's son smoking weed. If he was over here, no one would even care. It's like how Edison's pictures took down a lot of Chinese actresses careers and yet over here, it made Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton famous.

Also:

Bouncing Bettys 09-10-2014 06:40 PM

I hate involving the police in matters that could easily be resolved without them or the lasting consequences of the law.

On the other side, I hate seeing the police make arrests when for most, a simple warning would do the job.

A little over a year ago, in the States, a father called the police on his son for stealing his truck after they got in an argument. Understandibly upset, the kid tried to run from police and they ended up shooting and killing the boy. The father has to live with the regret.

finbar 09-10-2014 07:35 PM

Involving the cops is like inviting a bear into your house. Anything could happen.

"the cops don't need you and, man, they expect the same"
Dylan

fliptuner 09-10-2014 08:44 PM

I don't know why but this is the first thing I though of after reading the OP.