REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Happy Birthday Paul Walker!!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/698059-happy-birthday-paul-walker.html)

Shark Tank 09-12-2014 06:04 AM

Happy Birthday Paul Walker!!!

We all remember him in FnF. One of the best looking actors and the most down to earth and chill person. If you are old enough to remember the 1st FnF movie you know this is what started the insane car modification scene. Supra,GTR, RX-7, S2000, Civic. The movie that made me inspired to JDM. The movie mainstreamed the car culture and tuning scene!

http://nimga.com/m/ciAfz.jpg

RIP :QQ:

sdubfid 09-12-2014 06:34 AM

Shark needs to eat a lot of tuna today

BoostedBB6 09-12-2014 07:14 AM

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/417...eae1c783c2.jpg

CCA-Dave 09-12-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

If you are old enough to remember the 1st FnF movie you know this is what started the insane car modification scene.
How about being old enough to have been IN the import modification scene long before the movie?

oie, I'm old...

-Dave

supremematt85 09-12-2014 08:55 AM

Happy 9/11.

white rocket 09-12-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark Tank (Post 8528222)
One of the best looking actors

He was a beautiful man. no homo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark Tank (Post 8528222)
If you are old enough to remember the 1st FnF movie you know this is what started the insane car modification scene.

<----street racing since '93 y0! Deltaport anyone? Richmond Aircare anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

This movie did not "start" the car mod scene. It was already flourishing for people in the know. What it did do is bring it to the mainstream which, in my opinion, kinda fucked it up. Everyone and their mother thought that there were king of the streets and it brought a lot of douchebaggery and unnecessary attention to the scene. I miss when the scene was more underground, like how skating was in the 80's and early 90's.

Either way, Paul Walker was a true enthusiast whose knowledge grew as the movies progressed. A terrible tragedy and he was taken from us way too soon.

R.I.P.

multicartual 09-12-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white rocket (Post 8528266)

<----street racing since '93 y0! Deltaport anyone? Richmond Aircare anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Called it Hammersmith... (Richmond Aircare)

Timpo 09-12-2014 10:19 AM

has it been a year already? time flies..

thumper 09-12-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

don't forget iona...

meme405 09-12-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 8528310)
has it been a year already? time flies..

It hasn't been a year since he passed if that's what you mean.

Today would have been his birthday.

He died on november 30th.

underscore 09-12-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

This movie did not "start" the car mod scene. It was already flourishing for people in the know. What it did do is bring it to the mainstream which, in my opinion, kinda fucked it up. Everyone and their mother thought that there were king of the streets and it brought a lot of douchebaggery and unnecessary attention to the scene. I miss when the scene was more underground, like how skating was in the 80's and early 90's.

Either way, Paul Walker was a true enthusiast whose knowledge grew as the movies progressed. A terrible tragedy and he was taken from us way too soon.

R.I.P.

I found the hipster street racer

murd0c 09-12-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

R.I.P.

Port Kells is where street racing was at back in the day!!

BoostedBB6 09-13-2014 06:56 AM

I remember the huge bust the cops made years back at Delta Port and my phone blowing up as friends txted me about there cars getting impounded for just being there.

Those were the days.....now I got the kids and the family.....I need to get to a race track soon or I will go crazy!