REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   getting backed into (https://www.revscene.net/forums/698394-getting-backed-into.html)

zilley 09-24-2014 09:32 PM

getting backed into

long story short, I was driving in the alley when the car infront of me suddenly stops and reverse without checking/signalling and backed into me.

3 witness, 2 did not see DURING the incident, but has been contacted by icbc and told their part of what happened, and the third I did not talk to.

I called icbc to get an update and the girl said "worst case scenario, you might be at fault 100%". Wtf, I m the victim.

anyways, I m going to speak to the 3rd witness tomorrow as he was in the alley when all this happened, I just thought 2 guys were enough but I guess not.

now, I m wondering how do I resolve this issue IF the 3rd witness wont be able to help out. I fucking wish I had a dash cam for fuck sakes.

BrRsn 09-24-2014 09:49 PM

so .. which witnesses actually called ICBC?

The 2 that did not see the incident happen, or the one that actually saw it?

Without a direct witness or some proof otherwise it's basically the other person's word against yours, and unfortunately they have more leverage in this situation (all they gotta do is lie, and if no other witnesses step up, it's your fault)

zilley 09-24-2014 09:56 PM

justice is SERVED, called icbc again and they told me that the other party JUST called 5 mins ago, and their statement went something like :

- i stopped
- tried to go in my drive way
- did not start moving yet

ICBC interrupts them and said "on the witness report they said you were talking to the witness that you guys reversed and I (zilley) did not leave enough room".

other party did not have anything else to say.

icbc deemed them 100% at fault.

JUSTICE IS SERVED!

dared3vil0 09-24-2014 09:58 PM

If you had a dashcam this thread wouldn't exist. Sheesh people wait so long to buy one...

:troll:

zilley 09-24-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 8534030)
so .. which witnesses actually called ICBC?

The 2 that did not see the incident happen, or the one that actually saw it?

Without a direct witness or some proof otherwise it's basically the other person's word against yours, and unfortunately they have more leverage in this situation (all they gotta do is lie, and if no other witnesses step up, it's your fault)

and to answer your question, it was the 2 witness that did not see, ICBC called one of them, but said it wasnt enough evidence because they did not actually see, however because of the other party telling the 2 witnesses that I did not leave enough room, the "conversation and finger pointing" was enough to deem the other party at fault 100%.

SoNaRWaVe 09-24-2014 10:12 PM

am i missing something here cuz i feel hella confused.

- kT 09-24-2014 10:18 PM

^

Bender Unit 09-24-2014 10:52 PM

^^

zilley 09-24-2014 11:07 PM

got backed into, other party tried to lie to icbc, icbc used witness report to back me up.

justice served.

SoNaRWaVe 09-24-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zilley (Post 8534036)
and to answer your question, it was the 2 witness that did not see, ICBC called one of them, but said it wasnt enough evidence because they did not actually see, however because of the other party telling the 2 witnesses that I did not leave enough room, the "conversation and finger pointing" was enough to deem the other party at fault 100%.

i am glad that you were not at fault and that icbc deemed them 100% at fault :)

its just what you said confused me. i am probably just not being able to picture who said what correctly in what you wrote, that is all

zilley 09-25-2014 07:40 AM

Yeah, I was all jumpy and frustrated so I typed it up all retarded.

meme405 09-25-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8534035)
If you had a dashcam this thread wouldn't exist. Sheesh people wait so long to buy one...

:troll:

We need an update on how that camera is working out.

I just got another car to replace my totalled Camry, and I need to add a camera.