REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Jurrasic World (https://www.revscene.net/forums/698402-jurrasic-world.html)

Pencil 06-10-2015 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crayon (Post 8646928)
Is it worth it to watch it in IMAX or just UltraAVX?

UltraAVX

kanewilsonjr 06-11-2015 01:35 AM

Yess its gonna be a mind-blowing experience in IMAX & UltraAVX ! :toot:

Movies awsome !

Tegra_Devil 06-11-2015 07:18 AM

reviews?

71 on rotten tomatoes

Gh0stRider 06-11-2015 10:03 AM

watched it in ultraAVX 3D, good enough.

StylinRed 06-12-2015 12:28 AM

Jurassic World...hmm rated compared with the other Jurassics...I'd say it's as good as Jurassic Park 2...corny, some laughs, cheesy, some action, Jessica Chastain doesn't look as comical as she does in the trailer with that getup, she's damn sexy...it was alright could've been better it felt like they had a good base for a fine movie, but never followed through developing characters and story lines

6/10

that ending...may ruin it for some...
Spoiler!

edit holy shit all this time i thought Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard were the same person!

kanewilsonjr 06-12-2015 04:25 AM

Whatever Rotten tomato rates this movie, it was still a good movie to catch up with after a long time far better than the fire emitting GODZILLA series ! :toot:

Tim Budong 06-12-2015 08:03 AM

movie started strong... then ended like a piece of garbage

Spoon 06-12-2015 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8647339)
Jurassic World...hmm rated compared with the other Jurassics...I'd say it's as good as Jurassic Park 2.

If it's no where as epic as the first one, it's a waste of time then. Watched all the sequels and none of them were memorable.

Gumby 06-12-2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 8647403)
If it's no where as epic as the first one, it's a waste of time then. Watched all the sequels and none of them were memorable.

I can't think of any sequel that matched or surpassed its original. :p

The first Jurassic Park set the bar extremely high, and its special effects/CGI were unparalleled at the time!

Spoon 06-12-2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 8647435)

The first Jurassic Park set the bar extremely high!

Indiana Jones was pretty good. :)

Well until the last one where they decided to milk the shit out of the franchise. FailFish

Expresso 06-12-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

The first Jurassic Park set the bar extremely high, and its special effects/CGI were unparalleled at the time!

T2

StylinRed 06-12-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

been reading a lot of reactions from others who seem to find it even better than the 1st so, you may like it :)

Quote:

i like superman 2 over superman 1 (reeve) but then again that was supposed to be 1 long movie instead of 2

Tim Budong 06-12-2015 07:29 PM

Quote:

It's no where as epic as the first. I think one of the biggest reasoning is Spielberg himself helmed the entire first film. In addition to the WOW factor in the first one because OMFG DINOSAUR

The OMFG thing of this one has to be imdomius Rex. But that's just the film wanting to tr to wow ppl

SkinnyPupp 06-12-2015 08:23 PM

Very few movies have been "anywhere near as epic as Jurassic Park".

The Matrix, Avatar on Imax, Mad Max Fury Road.... That's about it

skiiipi 06-15-2015 08:24 PM

It felt like a very long Mercedes-Benz commercial

SkinnyPupp 06-15-2015 09:14 PM

I'll repost my review from the movie thread:

Jurassic World: 2/10

It was pretty much exactly what I had expected. I would have given it a 3 or 4, if not for the excruciating ad placement shots. That's just fucking insulting. The raptors looked like silly cartoons most of the time, and nothing really made any sense. Stuff just happened because you're supposed to sit your face in front of the screen and watch shit happen. Evil dinosaurs, goodguy dinosaurs, everything.

Funny, in many ways this movie was the exact opposite of Mad Max. If that movie is how you make a proper action movie, this one is the last of the modern action movie that will eventually become extinct (at least for a while). At least that's the hope.

And my post from Facebook:

If there's a threshold at which product placement in a movie becomes too much to stand, Jurassic World went well past it for me.

The movie lived up to my low expectations, but the constant product placement made it less enjoyable than it could have been. I don't mind when a movie uses real products - take a picture of a dinosaur with a Nikon camera, smuggle embryos in a fake barbasol can, use Reece's Pieces to entice an alien out of your garage, I don't care.

But do you REALLY need to take a huge tv-commercial-like sip of Classic Coke before continuing the discussion? Or say "Wanna see something really cool?" right before you pull up in front of the camera in your shiny new Mercedes? Does EVERYONE need to be drinking Starbucks ALL THE TIME?

Stealthy 06-15-2015 11:15 PM

Reminded me of the last transformers with all the product placement

FN-2199 06-15-2015 11:53 PM

^ Went in IMAX and visually it was awesome.

lol'd pretty hard at this scene
Spoiler!

Obsideon 06-16-2015 10:39 PM

LOL glad I wasn't the only one that noticed it ... being chased by man eating flying dinosaurs? SAVE THE MARGARITAS!
https://31.media.tumblr.com/6669d067...gdn7o1_500.gif

Gumby 06-22-2015 01:38 PM

I watched it over the weekend and I was entertained. For a summer popcorn-flick, what more can I ask for?

Anybody else enjoy reading the trivia/goofs sections on IMDB? For the product placement, they had this to say for Jurassic World:

Quote:

The product placement in the film was not at the behest of the studio, but was rather the idea of the writers and director Colin Trevorrow as a way to satirize the corporatization of popular entertainment.

dlo 06-22-2015 03:25 PM

movie was good enough for me lol
the special effects were dope as fuck, saw it in IMAX holy haha

SkinnyPupp 06-22-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 8650964)
For the product placement, they had this to say for Jurassic World:

That only refers to one scene (where they bring up "Pepsisaurus")

fsy82 07-05-2015 02:52 PM

Saw it last night. It was good for a no thinking kind of movie. Obviously its not going to win an Oscar. I dont understand why people go into these movies and expect a epic plot..lol..its fucking dinosaurs..lol

6793026 07-18-2015 12:06 PM

I thought it was amazing. Great film all around, could have been MUCH MUCH worse. I thought acting was pretty decent by most of them group EXCEPT the emo teenage kid. 9/10
Yes all cars were Benz (meh.. not uncomon, like in I Robot with will smith, all cars were Audi). There were a few starbucks but i didn't see it as too flashy, cause most likely all attractios nowadays has some type of starbucks in it.

Most were subtle. the only one that really bothered me was glass bottle pepsi / cola and a few 1 sec shots of samsung... everyhting else.. meh.

In fact, here are All of them down here and these were the ones I recognized.

Alpha (helmets)
American Airlines
Beats by Dre only at the beginning with the emo kid
Ben & Jerry’s
Brookstone
Casio
Chevrolet
Coca-Cola
Converse very briefly
Crimson Trace
Dasani
Dave and Buster’s
eBay only in conversations that i remember.
Ecogear
Google
Hilton
IWC
Jamba Juice
Jeep
Jimmy Fallon/The Tonight Show
Kawasaki
Margaritaville
Mercedes-Benz
Nike very brief in 1 scene that i saw.
Nikon
Nissan
Oakley
Pandora (jewelry)
Pepsi
Samsung for once it's not iphone but yes. all phones were samsung.
Starbucks duhh
Sunrio
Tostitos
Triumph
Verizon in conversation.

ZN6 07-18-2015 04:09 PM

The whole parent divorce thing was stupid and completely misplaced. Kid out of no where emos up and some how realizes right there that their parents are getting divorced but we hear nothing of it again. Prior to that the dad's like "last family breakfast ever". Why was this thrown in, what emotional strings were they attempting to pull on a fuckong dinosaur action movie?

Chris Pratt's brand of humor is great for now but it wears thin after a point.