REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   OFFICIAL: REVscene Cares VIRTUAL FOOD DRIVE!!!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/699222-official-revscene-cares-virtual-food-drive.html)

miss_crayon 10-27-2014 09:19 PM

OFFICIAL: REVscene Cares VIRTUAL FOOD DRIVE!!!!

OMGOSH, this is SO COOL!!!!

The Vancouver Food Bank just rolled out a new virtual program where our members can now donate from the comfort of their own home!!! Please find below the link to our REVscene Cares page where it will track donations and you can even buy a family a sack of potatoes!! Totally rad.

This will help us help the community during our slower months with events but with the same amount of enthusiasm! The pilot project only runs until October 31st (this Friday) so any feedback is welcome as we are working closely with the VFB! Our goal is for $300 so lets get our account rolling!

FEEEEED ME!

PS. Anyone that donates, please sign up here for a chance to win a sweet little swag bag from Revscene!!!

Love,
REVscene Cares

(as per the website)
Disclaimer: Proceeds from gifts made through the Virtual Food Drive go toward the programs and efforts of the Greater Vancouver Foodbank Society where they are needed most, in an effort to most effectively fulfill our mission to end hunger in Greater Vancouver by organizing food, information and support for community survival and dignity. Virtual Food Drive prices are based on average costs to the Food Bank at the time of writing.

inv4zn 10-27-2014 09:34 PM

Donated potatoes, apples, and baby biscuits!

lilaznviper 10-28-2014 09:11 AM

donated :D

miss_crayon 10-28-2014 09:05 PM

THANKS EVERYONE SO FAR!! $300 by Friday!! You can donate as little as $5 for 20 pounds of potatoes!!!

dotdot 10-30-2014 12:40 AM

Keep up the good work

Mr.HappySilp 10-30-2014 08:03 AM

Donated
20 pounds of potatoes $5.00
2 cans of beans $5.00
10 pounds of sweet potatoes $5.00
2 boxes of whole grain crackers $5.00
That should get someone full for a few days......

saucywoman 10-31-2014 07:27 AM

They don't give it all to one person, they split it up.
When I helped at a food bank what they did was grouped all food together and then each person goes down the line and would get x amount per item. Crackers for example each person may get one out of the four packages that generally come in a box. Still a good cause cause you can help out multiple people :) so many people are in need :( especially elderly and families
Diapers and formula are generally a much needed item iirc

miss_crayon 10-31-2014 11:03 PM

VFB has officially extended their pilot project!!! We are over half towards our goal which is AWESOME!!!
Let's extend our donations for another week and then ramp up for Christmas in the next few weeks!!!

Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!SO RAD!!!!

El Bastardo 11-05-2014 10:04 AM

I've just donated $50 and am challenging the rest of the moderator team to match or exceed my donation.

I'm also challenging the members -

For any member that matches my donation, I will send you personal nudes.
For any member that exceeds my donation, I will NOT send you personal nudes.

Greater Vancouver Food Bank Virtual Food Drive: REVscene.net Cares - Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society

Anonymuss 11-05-2014 11:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I pay double. Please, don't send me your nudes:

ilovebacon 11-05-2014 12:24 PM

even though im Chinese I manage to donate lol

3 dozen medium eggs
2 boxes of whole grain crackers
10 pounds of sweet potatoes

but seriously.. 5$ for 2 boxes of crackers? how big are those boxes..

miss_crayon 11-05-2014 06:42 PM

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS DONATED SO FAR!! WE ARE OFFICIALLY AT $235!!!!!!!

I dont know why our counter is not working, but I do have a page counter and tracker of everyone that donated. At the end of the week everyone will be entered into our RS Swag Bag.

tiger_handheld 11-05-2014 08:24 PM

:)