REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Miscellaneous Tech & Tools

Miscellaneous Tech & Tools THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Got an ATV or snowmobile you need to fix? Or are you wondering what the hell a crowfoot socket is for? Come on in and ask away!

Old 10-08-2020, 03:31 PM   #201
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
If you have anything Craftsman that needs warranty/replacement, the deWalt place is where you go. They honour the Craftsman warranty. You'll get a Stanley or something else instead, but it's better than a useless tool that sits on the shelf gathering sawdust and metal filings.

As for the Milwaukee candy store on Byrne, it doesn't do sales. They have replacement parts and accessories. Stuff you can't get in stores. For example, I have a couple of Packout sets. The larger sections come with one tool tray, but has room for two. Well, the service centre carries the trays. 7 bucks each, iirc. I also purchased extra drill bit holders for my various drills. They were like a buck or two. Complete with screws. I have bit holders on both sides now (just above battery and below grip).

They do carry some refurbished stuff and they do have a sale one them once, maybe twice a year? I haven't seen the refurbished stuff in quite a while. Maybe not worth their time and effort is my guess. Floor to ceiling with nothing but Milwaukee goodness, hence the Milwaukee "Candy Store" reference.

Now that I've posted this, I need to go again. Just to get my fill of that red, Gulolol. Yellow is not my favourite colour. And that pukey light blue..... nuff said. We all have our preferences. god bless.........
Thanks, I think I need to go check out those drill bit holders that attach to the drill.
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2020, 05:14 PM   #202
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
I just got back from shopping at Market Crossing. Went to the Milwaukee candy store. Man, they are hurting for products. With the border situation, they are struggling to keep stock of stuff. Replacement parts are there main goal, ATM.

BTW, there is no direct line to the place, but when you do call Milwaukee head office, they can tell you what that location has on hand. It’s pretty accurate as opposed to stupid places like Cambodian Tire. They show 15 items in the store when indeed there’s none. And this is browsing while in the store, lol. Home Depot, same thing. Anything under 10 in stock pretty much means no. Go somewheres else.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:19 PM   #203
MG1

So, I was drilling holes in 1/4 inch thick aluminum. The size I needed was nowhere to be found and I just broke the last bit from the cheap Mastercraft, who gives a shit, set. I have this rather expensive, Norseman 29 piece black and gold drill bit set. I only use it for special occasions, not on everyday stuff. I went to grab it, but realized it was a mechanics length set. Long story short, I started looking for a Norseman jobber length set. Everyone from Fastenal to Amazon wanted $159.00 to $149.00. I remember paying $99.00 for the Norseman Mechanics set not that long ago (not that long ago, to me is like ten years). Then I came across this. https://www.squareshardware.ca/norse...um-sp-29p.html

Way cheaper than anywhere else. Free shipping on orders over $149.00. I was about to order it, but decided to try price match at KMS Tools. They matched it.

The drill bits are awesome and the case is waterproof. Easy to fit into tool bag. Made in the USA. As some reviewer on Amazon put it, “It’s not made from that cheap chinesium.” <———— three worthy.

Now that individual replacement bits are easy to get from places like Fastenal, I’m going to start using the “good” stuff.

Old 07-02-2021, 09:40 AM   #204
MG1

Vampire Tools is having their 4th of July sale.

https://www.vampiretools.com/shop/pr...kevlar-shears/

Can be purchased through amazon.com (US), but items can be shipped via their global shipping. No additional duties and fees. You still pay shipping, but it includes all the taxes, duties, and fees and no headaches