REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Toy Story 4 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/699460-toy-story-4-a.html)

Presto 11-06-2014 08:45 PM

Toy Story 4

Quote:

John Lasseter will return to direct Pixar Animation Studios’ “Toy Story 4″ that Disney will release on June 16, 2017.

Tom Hanks and Tim Allen will reprise their roles as Woody and Buzz Lightyear.

Walt Disney Co. chief Bob Iger made the project announcement to Wall Street analysts as he discussed the company’s fourth quarter and fiscal year results on Thursday.

Iger gave few details of the fourth film in the franchise other than Lasseter’s return to the director’s chair. But Disney followed up the announcement, to add that Rashida Jones and Will McCormack (“Celeste and Jesse Forever”) have joined the project as writers, while Pixar vet Galyn Susman (ABC’s “Toy Story OF Terror! and “Toy Story that Time Forgot”) will produce the toon.

“Toy Story 4″ will open a new chapter in the lives of Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the “Toy Story” gang, Disney said, with Lasseter having come up with the idea for the fourth installment with Andrew Stanton, Pete Docter and Lee Unkrich, behind all three “Toy Story” films.

“We love these characters so much; they are like family to us,” Lasseter said in a statement. “We don’t want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what’s gone before. ‘Toy Story 3’ ended Woody and Buzz’s story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another ‘Toy Story’ movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself.”Lasseter, who serves as chief creative officer at Pixar, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and DisneyToon Studios, previously directed “Toy Story,” “Cars” and “Cars 2.” A third “Cars” is also planned with Lasseter attached.

Pixar?s ?Toy Story 4? to Play in Theaters Summer 2017 | Variety

:heckno:
Toy Story 3 was a good close to the series. This is just a cash grab. There'll be aliens, and Woody will save himself from a nuke by hiding in a fridge.

twitchyzero 11-06-2014 09:04 PM

pixar's running out of magic; the last 3 movies released (brave, cars 2, monster's 2) were all mediocre and this news is just further proof by bringing a trilogy back from the dead.

good thing disney's animation team is picking up the slack...more movies like wreck-it ralph and lego movie would just be super...big hero 6 should be decent.

SpeedStars 11-06-2014 09:14 PM

Anyone remember planes? :lawl: I didnt think there was even enough interest for a sequel to be made

InvisibleSoul 11-06-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 8553558)
:heckno:
Toy Story 3 was a good close to the series. This is just a cash grab. There'll be aliens, and Woody will save himself from a nuke by hiding in a fridge.

My kid has watched the first three movies so many times. I welcome more installments, but this will be three years from now... hope my kid will still be interested then.

InvisibleSoul 11-06-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedStars (Post 8553574)
Anyone remember planes? :lawl: I didnt think there was even enough interest for a sequel to be made

Surprisingly, only took a year for the sequel to come out. Even though it wasn't that popular, it still did just fine at the box office.

The first one cost $50M to make, but got $220M at the box office.

The second did worse though. Cost the same to make, but only took in $139.3M.

At the end of the day, even though it wasn't anywhere close to Frozen, they still made money...

Tim Budong 11-06-2014 11:36 PM

sigh

please don't ruin what was the PERFECT ending to Toy Story