REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vacations and World Travel (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vacations-world-travel_246/)
-   -   Thailand - not land of smiles (https://www.revscene.net/forums/700006-thailand-not-land-smiles.html)

blkgsr 12-06-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8565187)
inb4 blkgsr is asian. thus asian perspective vs "white man" perspective

nope, good old whitey here.....hey guess where i am now, PATONG!!! yay sex tourist!! lol

i'll be in bangkok in two days, wanna meet up for a beer on Koh San Road?? or you too afraid of getting stopped by the cops?

FishTaco 12-06-2014 05:59 PM

Sure we can meet up. I will be free anytime after 5pm.

TOS'd 12-06-2014 06:05 PM

pls stay safe blkgsr and fishtaco

GS8 12-06-2014 11:50 PM

:fulloffuck:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishTaco (Post 8564976)
Yes I have some very good Thai friends that make me feel like family. There are a lot of GOOD people and GOOD things here but they are often overshadowed by police thugs, scammers, thieves, rapists, murders, pedophiles, racists, ladyboys, etc.

Why are you lumping Transgenders in with thieves, rapists & pedophiles?

Do they operate on the same MO? Or is that just a nitpick??

FishTaco 12-07-2014 01:40 AM

FishTaco 12-07-2014 01:47 AM

Vege 12-07-2014 07:56 AM

You should skip China too if you are afraid of these things happening. You have to keep in mind you aren't in Canada or America where most of these things don't exist as visibly. Most of Southeast Asian is run on money so you have to expect corruption, scammers and thieves.

The smart tourists are the ones who do their research and make educated choices. I have seen tourists in Thailand who were setting themselves up to be taken advantage of just from their attitude and behaviour. Getting drunk and rowdy at a bar at 1am? Walking through Chinatown during Chinese New Year with headphones on and a backpack worn on your back? Just horrible decisions on their part and guess what, these are the people who complain about how bad another country is.

I understand that shit does happen and a lot of it isn't fair. Do your research and determine if the risks are worth the time. Whenever you leave the safety of your own country, isn't that a risk in itself? Don't be one of those Canadians who don't even have a passport because they are afraid of the world. There are so many things to experience and sometimes there are risks associated with it.

If you don't like being called faring, you probably don't like being called a gwailo either.

CivicBlues 12-07-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishTaco (Post 8565388)
Seriously, you can't make this shit up. Where do these people come from?

On a unrelated note. How have you been a member since 2001, have 13,000 posts, and only 50 likes lol. Perhaps you should stop posting..

Ouch. Hitting me where it hurts...my likes count :crybaby:

Critical thinking isn't your strong suit is it? The vast majority of my posts have been pre-2009 prior to when RS implemented this facebook-esque like/dislike feature. I've only occasionally logged in to comment on little high and mighty shit disturbers like yourself that post before thinking.

FishTaco 12-08-2014 12:38 AM

Reports emerging of police drug testing scam in Bangkok - Bangkok Forum - Thailand Forum

FishTaco 12-08-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GS8 (Post 8566008)
:fulloffuck:

Why are you lumping Transgenders in with thieves, rapists & pedophiles?

Do they operate on the same MO? Or is that just a nitpick??

Ladyboys drug their customers drinks and rob them. Also many guys pick up ladyboys not knowing and when they decide they don't want to have sex,the ladyboys get aggressive. Many stabbings and beatings are reported. They have gangs. They walk the streets and pickpocket people.

FishTaco 12-08-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CivicBlues (Post 8566212)
Ouch. Hitting me where it hurts...my likes count :crybaby:

Critical thinking isn't your strong suit is it? The vast majority of my posts have been pre-2009 prior to when RS implemented this facebook-esque like/dislike feature. I've only occasionally logged in to comment on little high and mighty shit disturbers like yourself that post before thinking.

What are you blathering about? You login to comment once in a blue moon, thanks for looking out for the members Sheriff. You are in my thread so stop opening it. You have nothing to contribute except for your hurt feels and ignorance.

SkinnyPupp 12-08-2014 12:48 AM

FishTaco you made some decent points in your first post but come on. :rukidding:

FishTaco 12-08-2014 01:05 AM

lol ok. You guys are right. Everything I posted is made up. I don't even live in Thailand. In fact, I'm just a bot.

I will not post about thailand again, and you all enjoy your trips if you decide to visit.

SkinnyPupp 12-08-2014 01:07 AM

And that's that.