REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Location Suggestions for High School 10 Year Reunion? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/700182-location-suggestions-high-school-10-year-reunion.html)

PeanutButter 12-12-2014 02:13 PM

Location Suggestions for High School 10 Year Reunion?

Hey RS,

Our 10 year high school reunion is coming up. Just seeing if any of you have any suggestions or have been to a HS reunion before.

I'm not planning it, but a friend is looking for ideas.
ie. venues, things to do, etc.

If you have any idea's please post them. Thanks!

murd0c 12-12-2014 02:22 PM

Most important thing is how many people?

tegra7 12-12-2014 02:29 PM

Highschool gym?

bcrdukes 12-12-2014 03:34 PM

I would suggest renting a space within the school. Most of the time, the school will not refuse, but I would recommend your grad committee should make a proposal that any proceeds go directly to the school as a donation so it's a bit of a win/win. For our grad reunion, we managed to donate $1500 towards a scholarship in honour of our graduating class.

Keep in mind this ultimately depends on how many people will attend so your mileage may vary. Good luck!

v_tec 12-13-2014 02:30 AM

Rent out the whole Captain Happy Bubble venue for the evening.

StylinRed 12-13-2014 03:37 AM

the school...would make the most sense, great way to reminisce

nabs 12-13-2014 08:39 AM

We had ours at Milestones, but would have rather liked to have it at the school.

It was more like a meet and greet but still bit awkward because it didn't even feel like it had been 10 years lol.

Special K 12-13-2014 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 8568795)
We had ours at Milestones, but would have rather liked to have it at the school.

It was more like a meet and greet but still bit awkward because it didn't even feel like it had been 10 years lol.

:suspicious::suspicious::suspicious:

I was there last Friday too.

moody 12-13-2014 08:43 AM

I say you guys do it at a restaurant at joe's or catus club, so If no one shows up, the organizer won't be hooked for the bill. That's what happen at my reunion. A friend organized it at our highschool, booked the lunchroom, order food, music etc. They had at least a good # of ppl confirmed they're coming, and the day of the reunion, only a handful of ppl showed up. Organizer lost lots of $$. So unless u can get ur classmates to pay up first then book the high school gym or lunchroom

My cousin had his reunion at Joe's. He said it was pretty good. You order/pay for ur food and drink, mingle a bit and come and leave whenever you want. Altho it would be best if it was at ur highschool. Good luck

nabs 12-13-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Special K (Post 8568797)
:suspicious::suspicious::suspicious:

I was there last Friday too.

:suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious:

U see me leaving with 2 ladies after?

Presto 12-13-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 8568808)
:suspicious:

U see me leaving with 2 ladies after?

Those were ladies?!!??!!!
:seriously::fulloffuck::heckno:

Ikkaku 12-13-2014 06:50 PM

We had ours at a pub named Milltown. But I also agree renting the gym would have been a better idea. However, I think the strike was still happening then :lol

Inaii 12-13-2014 06:59 PM

Mine was at the Marine Pub in Burnaby (i went to South). I didn't go and I heard from those of my friends who did that hardly anyone showed up and it sucked.

Definitely going to have to agree with everyone else saying the school.

R1CED` 12-13-2014 09:28 PM

since the advent of facebook, a 10 year HS reunion has lost most of its appeal

nabs 12-13-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 8568854)
Those were ladies?!!??!!!
:seriously::fulloffuck::heckno:

2 lovely girls I went to HS with, lol. reconnected after say 10 years at the reunion, we went out for drinks and dancing afterwards.

Tim Budong 12-13-2014 10:54 PM

had ours at the neighbouring pub near the highschool that was popular amongst the locals

but yes..with facebook..and a majority of the people i hang out with were people i grew up with from throughout elementary and highschool

it was mehhh..turn out was good.. but i mean.. a lot of us still lived near that pub..so it was a reunion almost every weekend..

hahahah

westopher 12-13-2014 11:31 PM

VIP tables @no.5 orange.

willystyle 12-13-2014 11:34 PM

I think school gymnasium is the most ideal, as there will be more relevancy placed upon this meetup.

A pub will just be like every Friday night.

Bouncing Bettys 12-14-2014 01:53 AM

To me, and I don't care if I'm being a negative nancy(especially since I've been drinking), reunions are for people seeking the validation they never got in high school, those who wish to hold an adulthood success pissing contest, and those who reached their peak in high school and wish to relive the glory days while looking down on those they used to prop themselves up against. The people who meant anything to me, I remain in contact with all these years later. I have done well to learn, gain wisdom and experience, and embrace adulthood so revisiting the past, when many of these qualities were in short supply, did not interest me in the least. I'm not saying everyone is like that, but I would like to think that I have moved on and grown since my time in high school and don't need to be reminded of such an institution. My reunion was literally less than a block from my apartment and I had no desire to go.

Pro-tip(not really but from the FB invites I received): have one early reunion at a park or some child-friendly place so all those who have children can meet up and include their offspring. Then hold one for the adults (hopefully they have evolved into adulthood)

westopher 12-14-2014 09:25 AM

You can look at it that way, or do what I would do and just look at it as an excuse to get shitfaced. I mean, I see almost everyone of the people I still want to see very regularly, as my best friends are still my best friends from high school, but if you can have a good time with one or two people you don't keep in contact with its a good time. I mean, theres no fucking way you can still be hanging out with EVERYONE you liked to hang with. Even if I had no job I wouldn't have enough time to keep in touch with everyone I liked back then.