REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   My flyer that I get in the mail was tampered with? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/700512-my-flyer-i-get-mail-tampered.html)

geeknerd 12-31-2014 03:31 PM

My flyer that I get in the mail was tampered with?

The airmiles coupon section was ripped off from a flyer that I get delivered into my mailbox. (i live in a condo)

Obviously the coupon missing is not a big deal but the fact that someone was able to and did take it because they wanted it raises concerns for my other mails.

Does canada post handle the flyers and various spam that i get in the mail?

If it was the mailman, then I want to raise hell and file a complaint but if it happened before the flyer got into the mailmans possesion for delivery, then i guess i cant really do much about it?

What do you guys think?

sdubfid 12-31-2014 03:36 PM

Does the mail area have cameras?

320icar 12-31-2014 03:37 PM

in a condo it should be covered by the postman, since papers are communal and just dropped off in the middle of the lobby usually

geeknerd 12-31-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdubfid (Post 8575345)
Does the mail area have cameras?

it does not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8575346)
in a condo it should be covered by the postman, since papers are communal and just dropped off in the middle of the lobby usually

my mailbox is in the lobby, the flyers are delivered directly into my mailbox meaning i have to unlock my box to retrieve it.

SoNaRWaVe 01-02-2015 01:05 AM

is this the first time or has it happened before?

DC5-S 01-02-2015 05:50 AM

Wait for the mailman to come next time and demand an explanation

geeknerd 01-02-2015 06:36 AM

first time it has happened, however i recently did not get a credit card i was expecting. i called the bank yesterday and they told me i should've gotten it a month ago. i reordered it and it is getting delivered to my branch.

I'm just making the connection now, if any.. but starting to get real suspicious.

yeah i don't mind trying to confront the mailman, ill have to figure out the timeframe he delivers though.

MG1 01-02-2015 08:12 AM

My Mastercard showed up about a month and a bit after I requested it. Got the replacement one within a few days. The one that showed up late didn't seem opened or anything.

I honestly don't think it's the postal carrier, but file a complaint anyway - you never know.

thumper 01-02-2015 08:49 AM

less worried about coupons, more worried about credit cards. my friend had his stuff stolen out of his apt mailbox because a thief was using a bump key and was raiding all the apts. on his street until someone caught him in the act. they found his beat up old van and the back was full of stolen mail from flyers to pension cheques.

and you think living in a house is better? remember that canada post is phasing out door delivery and going 100% supermailboxes... crooks are rejoicing across canada :(

jdmfemme 01-02-2015 01:53 PM

I had to file a mail complaint a few years ago when the Airmiles envelopes that were supposed to contain Starbucks gift cards that I had redeemed for were in my mailbox torn open and the cards missing.

Canada Post said the carrier wouldn't have put them in the community box like that so someone must've broken in and taken them and said they would make note but didn't really care (LSS). Either way, Airmiles replaced them and sent them registered to my house. +1 for Airmiles.