REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Shomi Streaming Service for Shaw/Rogers Users (https://www.revscene.net/forums/700608-shomi-streaming-service-shaw-rogers-users.html)

GLOW 01-05-2015 08:55 AM

Shomi Streaming Service for Shaw/Rogers Users

I've been seeing commercials about Shomi a lot on TV recently. I think it's for shaw/rogers users that apparently is like Netflix.

Anyone using this service? Opinions?

SilverT 01-05-2015 09:11 AM

I signed up for it and browsed through the content. As of right now there is barely any content and the movies that are available on it are pretty old. I had it for 1 month and only watched one of the older fast and furious movie. I would recommend signing up later on when maybe they will have more content.

Ch28 01-05-2015 09:18 AM

Netflix >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shomi

TOS'd 01-05-2015 09:42 AM

What about CraveTV?

keifun 01-05-2015 02:10 PM

I got it for free for 3 months.

Not much in terms of content. Watched a couple movies and thats it!

trollguy 01-05-2015 03:29 PM

...but the movies are picked by the pale faced video store attendants!

Cassijon 01-08-2015 10:58 AM

i signed up for it as Shaw has a 3 month free trial at the moment.

Im enjoying this more than netflix right now as there are a lot of older movies that i enjoy re-watching.

i really like the old late 80's/early 90's cartoons and am currently watching one of my fav cartoons when i was younger that i totally forgot about; COPS

Acura604 09-26-2016 01:12 PM

LOL.

Web streaming service Shomi to shut down as of Nov. 30 - Entertainment - CBC News

Video streaming service Shomi announced Monday it will shut down at the end of November, two years after it launched.

"The business climate and online video marketplace have changed markedly in the last few years," David Asch, senior vice-president and general manager for Shomi, said in a statement.

"Combined with the fact that the business is more challenging to operate than we expected, we've decided to wind down our operations."

Asch said the company remains proud of the service it launched and the role it play in evolving video landscape in Canada.

Shomi was launched by Rogers and Shaw in November 2014 in an effort to grab the attention of a growing number of people watching TV and movies online.

It was seen as a competitor to Netflix and other similar web streaming services.

"We tried something new, and customers who used Shomi loved it," Melani Griffith, senior vice-president of content at Rogers, said in another statement.

"It's like a great cult favourite with a fantastic core audience that unfortunately just isn't big enough to be renewed for another season."

Rogers said it expects to incur a loss on investment of approximately $100 million to $140 million in its third quarter, which ends Friday.

GLOW 09-26-2016 02:17 PM

this mean now's the time for us to sign up for our free 1 month trial? Kappa

6o4__boi 09-26-2016 02:18 PM

Hopefully this means more content for Netflix

murd0c 09-26-2016 02:31 PM

I've actually been a fan of Shomi more then I have been of Netflix, I have both and I find the setup for Shomi is easier to navigate and they have better content.

Nlkko 09-26-2016 02:48 PM

Netflix is getting pretty stale too. Just recycle a bunch of junk contents recently.

Thank God for Kodi.