REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Employment Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/employment-resources_154/)
-   -   COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENSE (https://www.revscene.net/forums/700685-commercial-pilot-license.html)

iHeat 01-07-2015 11:12 PM

COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENSE

I want to get into the airlines industry to pursue my dream in flyinh but first I will need flight schooling. So I'm wondering if there are any commercial pilots luring around revscene can you tell me whats the industries like. How the jobs are first out of flight school and how did you get your flight hours. Are there many openings right now? And what can I expect from being a noobie pilot?

CP.AR 01-09-2015 07:41 AM

If you want to get into airline flying...:
1) Get an instructor's rating and grind thru instructing for enough hours for an ATPL
2) Bush flying to collect the hours for an ATPL

How old are you?

46_valentinor 01-09-2015 10:27 AM

one word: expensive.
actually, expensive is too cheap, it is extraordinary expensive.

I'm pretty much done my CPL and was suppose to finish my multi engine flight test today. You will need to have the motivation to become a pilot and go through the training, because after every flight, you'll have spent a couple hundred dollars. If you're not 110% committed, you will surely give up in your training due to cost and waste the time and money for nothing.

As for job openings, there are plenty in Asia but the majority only look for experienced pilots. In order to gain experience, you can either be an instructor or do some bush flying up north after you complete your licenses. There are other options, but these are the most common ones. As for instructing, usually the Flight training school that trains you as an instructor will hire you back once you are done. Its not bad, as most instructor at my flight school usually leaves after about 1 to 1.5 years. Lots of single engine pilot in command hours. However, bushing flying is a completely different story. You don't simply email or mail in your cover letter and resume, you need to show up in person in order to be competitive, which means you will have to travel across the country with no guarantees of a job. In addition, you don't start off immediately as a pilot as well, depending on the industry you may well have to work ramp from 1-3 years before getting upgraded.

Do some research on Avcanada and Pprune. Lots of information out there.

Verdasco 01-10-2015 03:17 AM

had a family member who did pilot training somewhere in maple ridge i think, expensive as helllls... was neat though! he flew me to vancouver island in those small aircrafts. He had to study 24/7 too with pages and pages of shit to do.

I met a pilot who was in his late 20's flying for united airlines (lives in chicago)

talked with like 10+ pilots this past month and all of them talk about pussy 24/7 so yea, better like pussy before joining em! and missing them Kappa

CP.AR 01-10-2015 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verdasco (Post 8579392)

talked with like 10+ pilots this past month and all of them talk about pussy 24/7 so yea, better like pussy before joining em! and missing them Kappa

I can tell you that this does not happen in any asian carriers

yray 01-10-2015 12:50 PM

It's ok, pmdg 777 = palmela handerson all day long

Verdasco 01-11-2015 10:05 PM

talked to a bunch of pilots today from united airlines. Cliff of what they told me

back then it costed 12bucks to fly and now its a couple hundred dollars. Newer generation is fucked on becoming a pilot. A couple of them told me to join the military since it's free to train and the first few years of working in a small plane gets shit pay where it's complete dog shit debt. In the end, if you get hired in a bigger airline like AirCanada or United Airlines (they were United Airline Pilots) you can buy ferraris / lambos with your wages. I swear to god, almost all of them have bought a range rover for their wives... LOL

They all said in the end, it was all worth it.

vitaminG 01-12-2015 03:17 PM

i looked into becoming a pilot many years ago. i did research and decided its not for me. have to invest too much time and money for uncertain reward. its expensive as hell, you wont make much when your done. there is absolutely no guarantee you will ever be flying a jumbo jet and making 6 figures.

go do a familiarization flight, talk to your instructor. go to an info session at BCIT for their aviation program. i dont think revscene is a very good place to start your research. if your serious about this you will do your homework before you even think about being a pilot as a career

Verdasco 01-15-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitaminG (Post 8580259)
i looked into becoming a pilot many years ago. i did research and decided its not for me. have to invest too much time and money for uncertain reward. its expensive as hell, you wont make much when your done. there is absolutely no guarantee you will ever be flying a jumbo jet and making 6 figures.

go do a familiarization flight, talk to your instructor. go to an info session at BCIT for their aviation program. i dont think revscene is a very good place to start your research. if your serious about this you will do your homework before you even think about being a pilot as a career

he is right, and before even getting training in the military for pilot license, you need a bachelors degree, physics + math

CP.AR 01-16-2015 08:42 AM

Lambos and Ferraris and Range Rovers for their wives :fuckthatshit:
looks like i need to get into a North American carrier
:speechless:

yray 01-16-2015 10:33 AM

^the beast

CP.AR 01-17-2015 05:58 PM

OP where u at

yray 01-17-2015 08:12 PM

OP walked off the job waiting for INS alignment

CP.AR 01-17-2015 09:37 PM

pushback commenced before IRS aligned.