REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   The X Files set to make TV comeback after Fox executives said to be 'hopeful' for rev (https://www.revscene.net/forums/700924-x-files-set-make-tv-comeback-after-fox-executives-said-hopeful-rev.html)

thumper 01-19-2015 07:25 AM

The X Files set to make TV comeback after Fox executives said to be 'hopeful' for rev

The X Files set to make TV comeback after Fox executives said to be 'hopeful' for revival - News - TV & Radio - The Independent

Quote:

The truth is out there: Mulder and Scully could be set to make a TV comeback.

Fox has confirmed it is in talks to revive its popular Nineties sci-fi series The X Files.

TV executives Dana Walden and Gary Newman said they had been in talks with the series creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson about a possible revival.

Newman said he was “hopeful” about plans to bring back the long-running series, but said the actors’ schedules were busy and it would be difficult to pin down a time to commit to filming.

Speaking at the Television Critics Association’s press tour, he said: “Gary and I both worked [at 20th Century Fox Television] through the entire run of The X Files. It was a great experience.

“We’ve maintained a good relationship with Chris, David and Gillian. We’re very hopeful, but it’s hard. The actors are very busy. They have a lot going on. Chris has a lot on his plate, so it’s just trying to carve out the time,” he said.

According to Hollywood insider website Deadline, there have been no creative discussions yet about what the new series might centre on.

Carter had reportedly hinted at a possible reboot in the summer, but it is not known yet whether the actors will be able to commit to a production.

The show, which became the longest-running sci-fi series in the US, ended in May 2002.

It has since spawned two films, Resist or Serve in 2004, and I Want to Believe in 2008.

murd0c 01-19-2015 07:30 AM

X-Files has been my all time favorite show and I so hope and wish they bring it back. As long as its filmed in BC tho cause it really went down hill once they moved to Cali before they brought it back.

white rocket 01-19-2015 07:54 AM

So Californication ends this pops up? Hmmm..... It will be interesting to see how it translates to todays market.

murd0c 01-19-2015 08:03 AM

I really wonder how they would start off? Scully Find's Mulder in the forest in South America and convince him to come back to the FBI because there is a number of cases building up and he's the best person to figure it out?

I think they have done that already tho or something along those lines.

twitchyzero 01-19-2015 10:37 AM

freak of the week isn't gonna work in today's market
look at fringe...they had to cut most of that out by season 3
how about fox just not cancel some of their new shows that are good instead of trying to revive oldies like 24 etc

murd0c 01-20-2015 08:19 AM

I think they could really work on a great story line like Fringe ended up having and tossing in a filler freak of the week episode here and there. So much to work with but only if it's both Mulder and Scully.

Expresso 01-20-2015 08:56 AM

Hasn't Supernatural kind of just filled the void X-Files left?

murd0c 01-20-2015 09:04 AM

Nope that was Fringe but that's gone of course.

Tegra_Devil 01-20-2015 09:33 AM

they bette bring it back.....only mulder and scully though

Ch28 01-20-2015 01:54 PM

Pretty sure if Chris Carter is on board then Mulder and Scully will be back.

Gillian Anderson was doing some sort of petition to bring it back, and David Duchovny's Californication is done.

willystyle 01-20-2015 07:35 PM

I really hope they will bring this back also. The interest in this subject is greater than ever. If they can get the chemistry and plot together again (pre-cali), it will certainly be a hit.