REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   auto accessories from aliexpress? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/701267-auto-accessories-aliexpress.html)

SupraTTturbo2jz 02-01-2015 01:49 AM

auto accessories from aliexpress?

any of you guys ever buy any shift knobs/boots/short throw shifters from aliexpress before? Just wondering if you know a trustworthy seller on the site for auto accessories.

Would most of the honda shift knobs fit on north american accords if I were to buy one that says it fits for honda civics and accord CL7 since north american and asian honda models are different? I think..

320icar 02-01-2015 02:07 AM

They should be just as reputable as most online "catalogue" sites and eBay. Most of those places get their shit from alibaba manufacturers anyways

jack3d 02-01-2015 04:22 AM

ive bought other stuff from aliexpress. no problems at all

hk20000 02-01-2015 08:24 AM

Bought CREE LED lights from a shop there but when they sent me a tracking number it's bogey and it doesn't track anything.

Might be the beginning of a dispute. Follow this space for how this unfolds.

dared3vil0 02-01-2015 08:31 AM

I've bought stuff from them before, the tracking numbers have never worked. got about half of what I ordered.

knockoff 02-01-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8589762)
I've bought stuff from them before, the tracking numbers have never worked. got about half of what I ordered.

my tracking number usually works a day (or two) before the actual item arrives. I've bought off aliexpress 6 times now, its been the same each time.

It's just like ebay, buy from reputable sellers and you should be fine.

eltonM741 04-18-2017 02:39 AM

AliExpress should be ok just lke eBay and Amazon.

Cillu 04-18-2017 02:44 AM

I never buy from aliexpress, just sticking with eBay and run my transactions through PayPal if I ever need to dispute an order.

6o4__boi 04-18-2017 07:57 AM

i'd stick to ebay

same shit as ali but you at least get the peace of mind and the ease of getting refunded if shit hits the fan

i'm holding off ordering shit from China right now though...I don't know if customs has been tighter than usual but i've had to cancel and demand refunds on a bunch of orders as its been 10+ weeks and haven't received it yet

from my exp, shit from China should never take longer than 6-8 weeks

yray 04-18-2017 08:03 AM

^there's some stupid backlog from china at Cambodian post due to the fentanyl crisis

Dragon-88 04-18-2017 08:33 AM

I place orders all the time, 50% of the time my item doesnt come withing the Protection Plan timeline. So I just dispute it and get my money back.. There are times the items have arrived 2 months pass the protection date and I basically just get a free item.

kr4l 04-18-2017 08:43 AM

I buy large amounts of stuff for aliexpress and it's rarely have any issues.

cdizzle_996 04-18-2017 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kr4l (Post 8836285)
I buy large amounts of stuff for aliexpress and it's rarely have any issues.

Same, as well as DHgate.

I've had a few minor issues but all were resolved promptly.

twitchyzero 04-18-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yray (Post 8836274)
^there's some stupid backlog from china at Cambodian post due to the fentanyl crisis

geez is that what it is?
thought it was strange when half of my ebay stuff started going missing the last 6 mos

lilaznviper 04-18-2017 12:19 PM

buy from aliexpress all the time and alibaba
takes a month to get here like everything from china.
usually after 2 months, file a complain and they give you a refund. if you get the item later great its free

underscore 04-18-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yray (Post 8836274)

Ah that explains it, stuff has been taking over 4 months to get here lately. But then two separate packages ordered from the same seller on the same day manage to arrive in my mailbox on the same day.

6o4__boi 04-18-2017 02:28 PM

holy shit 4 months
i hope you at least got your money back

extracrunchie 04-18-2017 05:02 PM

I have had really bad experience with aliexpress, they are more oriented to protect the seller rather than the buyer.

I ordered 2 items and requested to cancel on the same day. Seller did not acknowledge my cancellation at all, I sent messages to the seller and contacted aliexpress directly multiple times and all they said was they will try to contact the seller. In the end the processing time was over and the seller shipped the item anyways. The seller rejected my cancellation with the reason "item was shipped"

Aliexpress customer service(not like they would have done anything anyways, the customer service is useless) said they couldn't do anything because the item has already been shipped and that I should deal with the seller. Which was frustrating because I game ample time for them to correct the transaction.

In then end I had to do charge back with the credit card, I provided the credit card with messages that was sent and I documented the timeline. So I was lucky in that sense and swore never to use aliexpress.

underscore 04-18-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8836405)
holy shit 4 months
i hope you at least got your money back

Yep, figured it was lost or something and got my money back before the cutoff (eBay order).

prelude_prince 04-18-2017 10:21 PM

I bought a Mugen-look gas cap cover from there. It looked like absolutely shit.

Stuff is cheap but be wary what you pay for.

thumper 04-19-2017 06:41 AM

i know someone who bought collectibles through aliexpress vendors, but out of the few purchases he's made, only 70% of them arrived, and it was a struggle to deal with china post, and the vendors grasp of the english language suddenly vanishes. buyer's protection was a joke because it pretty much tells you to figure it out between yourselves. so far only one claim has been honored and he's still out $$$ for the rest.

AzNightmare 04-19-2017 02:29 PM

Aliexpress is ok, but I still prefer eBay due to easier buyer protection.
Packages from China used to take about a month which wasn't bad as long as you buy things ahead of time.

But ever since November, packages from China have been incredibly slow. Around 3 months (or longer or possibly missing forever)
By the 2 month mark, I just tell the vendor my package hasn't arrived yet and they usually refund me, no hassle.

I guess fentanyl crisis still hasn't cleared up yet...
I just stick to North American vendors now, since time is money.
Things cost a bit more... but 1-2 weeks vs 3+ months...

Quote:

Originally Posted by eltonM741 (Post 8836244)
AliExpress should be ok just lke eBay and Amazon.

You noob. Why'd you revive a 2 year old thread.

6o4__boi 04-19-2017 02:35 PM

lol didn't even realize it was 2 years old until you pointed it out

underscore 04-19-2017 04:11 PM

Strangely enough the LEDs I just ordered from China on eBay just showed up, 15 days after I ordered them. So maybe things are back to normal?