REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Road Trip for McDonalds Pizza? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/701310-road-trip-mcdonalds-pizza.html)

murd0c 02-03-2015 08:01 AM

Road Trip for McDonalds Pizza?

No I'm not joking.... Two McDonalds in the States still have the pizza for sale but the only issue is you have to go to Ohio or West Virginia to have it...

Attention children of the 90s: you can still get McDonald?s pizza | canada.com

Quote:

Neslted on the banks of the Ohio River, along the border with West Virginia sits the village of Pomeroy, population 1,852 in the 2010 census. And its McDonald’s, located along Main Street on the riverbank, still pumps out pizza — in five minutes or less, of course

Spoon 02-03-2015 08:16 AM

It's been too long. But from what I recall, it was just something cool to try and nothing spectacular.

m3thods 02-03-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 8590807)
It's been too long. But from what I recall, it was just something cool to try and nothing spectacular.

When I was younger, all I got was McPizza. I was so heartbroken when they took it off, and have a fond memory of it to this day.

That said, if I were to have it today, I would be so afraid that I'd find it no different than Pillsbury frozen pizzas.

CRS 02-03-2015 12:57 PM

I feel like that memories like this from your childhood is often way better than it actually was.

In an effort not to ruin my nostalgia of McDonald's pizza, I'm just going to leave it in memories.

Ulic Qel-Droma 02-03-2015 02:05 PM

mcdonalds personal pizza was the shit.

and their hockey cards.

ZN6 02-03-2015 02:51 PM

McPizza was ok for a place that's not known to serve things that require you to wait. From what I remember, they give you that pizza rizer thing for the table and they bring it to you.

For nostalgic purposes it's neat.

Speaking of McDonalds Hockey Cards, I still have my upper deck sets intact and in mint condition somewhere. Cam Neely Hologram was the shit.

underscore 02-03-2015 03:05 PM

I'm curious as to how only two of them still sell it, do they get the supplies sent from the warehouses like their normal stuff?

Eatman 02-03-2015 03:10 PM

I remember the pizzas being too salty for my liking. McDonald's should bring back shaker fries though, sour cream and onion. Mmmmmmmm

Eatman 02-03-2015 03:17 PM

double post

Vale46Rossi 02-03-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eatman (Post 8591023)
I remember the pizzas being too salty for my liking. McDonald's should bring back shaker fries though, sour cream and onion. Mmmmmmmm

Hong Kong still does once a year,

I actually went to buy a shit load of those shaker powders from hong kong to vancouver and ate it here with an order of large fries... I have ran out since then :(

pastarocket 02-07-2015 03:55 PM

Meh. We have much better choices for eating pizza locally than the McD's pizza in the U.S.

Uncle Fatih's, Panago's, etc. Even the greasy crap from Pizza Hut would taste better than McD's stuff. :fuckthatshit:

skyxx 02-07-2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8593135)
Meh. We have much better choices for eating pizza locally than the McD's pizza in the U.S.

Uncle Fatih's, Panago's, etc. Even the greasy crap from Pizza Hut would taste better than McD's stuff. :fuckthatshit:

Clearly this guy never had McDonald's Pizza. You don't even know....

chin3se604 02-07-2015 07:46 PM

felt like a big boy eating a whole pizza to myself

pastarocket 02-07-2015 08:03 PM

Hmm, those Ohio and Virgina franchises sells the McRib too. :suspicious:

That McRib might be worth a road trip. :troll:

McRib Locator