REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Need Winter Picnic Recommendations (https://www.revscene.net/forums/701420-need-winter-picnic-recommendations.html)

lilzed747 02-08-2015 02:05 AM

Need Winter Picnic Recommendations

Hey everyone. so valentines day is around the corner and wanted to do something different this year for the GF. figured i would whip up a nice meal and enjoy it in the outdoors. only thing is i have no idea where a good spot would be.

i was hoping some place where i can have a fire going to stay warm. as far as i know cenntenial beach is the only place?

basically if anyone knows of some nice places where i could put together a nice picnic that would be great. i'm hoping to have an early dinner as i have plans later in the evening. so probably between 430-630.

sidenote: all the food will be cooked prior so i dont need a bbq pit or anything.

thanks in advance for any help.

tiger_handheld 02-08-2015 09:00 AM

cenntenial beach on Sat between 4:30-6:30 with home made food eh? :ifyouknow:

fliptuner 02-08-2015 09:15 AM

If you want to keep it romantic, I can bring some wine and a 3 person Snuggie.

lilzed747 02-08-2015 09:07 PM

LOL. i guess i kinda set my self up for these kind of responses. last thing i would need is 20 000 ppl wanting to show.lol

heisenberg 02-09-2015 05:07 PM

off their website, might be late though....

Saturday, February 14
Valentine's Day in the Garden

Treat your Valentine to a Picnic at VanDusen Garden!

Take a romantic stroll through the beautiful 55 acres at VanDusen Botanical Garden, enjoy classic tunes, snap a sweet selfie and dine al fresco amongst the trees or overlooking one of our picturesque lakes! This package includes garden admission for 2 people and a delicious picnic basket from Truffles Café filled with 2 gourmet sandwiches, 2 cold drinks and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert! The event runs rain or shine and there are a limited number of tables and chairs under tents throughout the garden. BYOBB – Please bring your own basket and blanket.

Saturday, February 14 - 10am to 4pm

Cost: $40

lilzed747 02-09-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heisenberg (Post 8593948)
off their website, might be late though....

Saturday, February 14
Valentine's Day in the Garden

Treat your Valentine to a Picnic at VanDusen Garden!

Take a romantic stroll through the beautiful 55 acres at VanDusen Botanical Garden, enjoy classic tunes, snap a sweet selfie and dine al fresco amongst the trees or overlooking one of our picturesque lakes! This package includes garden admission for 2 people and a delicious picnic basket from Truffles Café filled with 2 gourmet sandwiches, 2 cold drinks and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert! The event runs rain or shine and there are a limited number of tables and chairs under tents throughout the garden. BYOBB – Please bring your own basket and blanket.

Saturday, February 14 - 10am to 4pm

Cost: $40

This is perfect! Thanks a lot I'll check it out.