REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Mother Of 3 yr Old Girl Also Cloverdale Rodeo Racist (https://www.revscene.net/forums/701593-mother-3-yr-old-girl-also-cloverdale-rodeo-racist.html)

Bouncing Bettys 02-15-2015 05:51 PM

Mother Of 3 yr Old Girl Also Cloverdale Rodeo Racist

Sad story made all the more interesting given the mother's history.
Quote:

Mother of dead 3-year-old Surrey girl says she meant no harm

Jeremy Hunka/Global News
The mother of Charlee Johanson, the three-year-old who died in Surrey yesterday, is devastated over the tragic events of the past week.

“I wish I could have traded places with her, just so she could live and be with her sister. Everyone loves her,” said Jennifer Johanson today.

“This feels like a complete nightmare that I can’t wake up from.”

RELATED

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) was later called and has since assumed conduct of this investigation. IHIT investigating death of a 3-year-old girl in Surrey
Charlee was rushed to hospital on February 11, but succumbed to her injuries yesterday. Jennifer says Charlee fell off a laundry basket and bumped her head on February 10, but seemed to be fine.

However, the next day she was dizzy and had a loss of appetite. A seizure soon followed and Charlee was rushed to hospital.

READ MORE: IHIT investigating death of a 3-year-old girl in Surrey

IHIT says there are questions about the death and they are investigating. But Johanson says there was no malice involved.

“She’s a three-year-old. How many three-year-olds have you seen that don’t like to jump on things? I don’t understand why,” she said, before breaking into tears.

“I don’t know.”

This isn’t the first time Global News has spoken to Jennifer. In May 2013, she was caught on camera making racially-charged comments to a demonstrator outside the Cloverdale Rodeo.

IHIT spokeswoman Sgt. Stephanie Ashton says it could take some time to determine what happened and if charges will be laid.

“There’s something about this that doesn’t make sense. The hardest part for the public, and for us, is that it can take days for us to find out what that really means,” said Ashton.

“Sometimes something that’s suspicious turns out not to be, and sometimes it turns out that it is.”

Jennifer is emphatic that in this case, it’s the former.

“Why would I give birth to a child that I want to harm? I don’t understand.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/1832201/mo...n-to-harm-her/
The infamous video from 2013

I'm not suggesting the two are linked but I imagine the investigators will be looking at that vid to get an idea of her character.

multicartual 02-15-2015 05:58 PM

Death of a child, fucking tragic, I did not need or want to know this story

quasi 02-15-2015 06:13 PM

Terrible situation, mother is a bigot but unless there is evidence that suggests it was more then an accident it's a little early for a witch hunt. I'm just trying to imagine being in that situation if it was indeed an accident, for most people there children are the most precious and important thing in their life.

It's tragic, if there is no malicious racist or not I feel bad for her. If it's found to not be or she was negligent in some way well that would change every thing.

em1.ac 02-15-2015 08:16 PM

Probably going to get flamed for this (flame suit on) but,

trashy mother, lack of any respect for anyone and unfortunately she was blessed with a beautiful child and probably does not deserve to be a mother. R.I.P baby girl and it's a sad day for sure but given the "character" of this women, it doesn't surprise me that this happened.

pastarocket 02-15-2015 08:21 PM

R.I.P. Charlee. :heckno:

tegra7 02-15-2015 08:50 PM

"Do you shit skins even have money for a lawyer". She probably rents a basement suite in an east indian persons house.

Ludepower 02-16-2015 01:03 AM

innocent until proven guilty...I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt that it was just an accident.

Habboy 02-16-2015 07:31 AM

Just a sad sad situation...I couldnt give a crap if the mother was racsist or not. A child is dead, and it 'appears' to be an accident. I trust that justice will prevail......sad reality that this world is minus a life that didnt even get a chance to live itself out. :-(

SolidPenguin 02-16-2015 02:38 PM

Well something during autopsy or whatever it was must have come up suspicious in the death, otherwise IHIT wouldnt be involved. If it was an accident the coroner/medical examiner whatever can tell, but something must be off so they called for the investigation.

But of course, innocent until proven guilty.
RIP little one.

cho 02-16-2015 03:44 PM

oops wrong thread