REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   local BC racing dealer? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/701607-local-bc-racing-dealer.html)

whiteTDIpowa 02-16-2015 09:21 AM

local BC racing dealer?

Anyone recommend a shop or vendor locally to get a set of BC racing coils at?

Thanks!

Timpo 02-16-2015 12:13 PM

it doesn't look like it Sole Distributors by Region | BC Racing North America

Why would you want BC Racing coilovers anyways? They're not that good and not much cheaper than Tein either.

I would personally get a Tein instead, if you're looking for something affordable, get a Raceland Coilovers | Wheel Spacers | Headers

white rocket 02-16-2015 12:25 PM

Garage Five should be able to get whatever you need.

pingu81 02-16-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 8597238)
Why would you want BC Racing coilovers anyways? They're not that good and not much cheaper than Tein either.

I disagree. What factors is your statement based on? What application were you/are you using them on? (assuming that you've used them before)

whiteTDIpowa 02-16-2015 01:13 PM

I have had BC racing coils on a couple cars now, they have been great actually...

em1.ac 02-16-2015 04:48 PM

BC BR Racing Coils are great for what they are, especially the rear camber adjustment. As far as Raceland Coilovers... something about a 500 dollar coilover scares me..

Entry level is your basic 1000-1500 coilover and anything more expensive then that is where the performance starts. For the street I've had zero issues with BCBR

ncrx 02-16-2015 09:38 PM

they're good at being low, thats about it,

if u can afford it, do it once do it right

can be had for not crazy money
ohlins
kw's
koni plus gc

crazy money
motons
high end konis
high end ohlins
penske's
ast's etc

if u must must must have the bc racing coils, get the swift spring upgrade, and replace the bump stops with koni progressive bumps

but they're pretty the suck

Super Dipper 02-16-2015 09:42 PM

Had them in my car for yrs. no issue at all. Maybe bc I just cruise in this car and don't track it, but none the less, no complaints here.

ncrx 02-16-2015 10:10 PM

i suppose.. but the ride is pretty awful
considering its the one thing u actually do feel in town everyday all day
relative to say the loud exhaust, or say fancy headlight... im just always blown away ppl will spend as little as possible on the part that matters the most second to tires...

Tr1ll 02-16-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncrx (Post 8597510)
they're good at being low, thats about it,

if u can afford it, do it once do it right

can be had for not crazy money
ohlins
kw's
koni plus gc

crazy money
motons
high end konis
high end ohlins
penske's
ast's etc

if u must must must have the bc racing coils, get the swift spring upgrade, and replace the bump stops with koni progressive bumps

but they're pretty the suck

I don't know what car the OP drives, but for some even if they want to spend the money on better coils they can't because there are no applications for the cars they own.

white rocket 02-17-2015 09:45 AM

^^I believe he just bought a 2005 STI. I'm not a fan of BC Racing but it sounds like he's run them before without any issues and seems to like them so go nuts! I really like the KW option for the GD STI chassis and would have bought v3's had I kept the car.

whiteTDIpowa 02-17-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1ll (Post 8597549)
I don't know what car the OP drives, but for some even if they want to spend the money on better coils they can't because there are no applications for the cars they own.

This statement is very true for one of my other cars....no one made anything expect BC racing.

whiteTDIpowa 02-17-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white rocket (Post 8597700)
^^I believe he just bought a 2005 STI. I'm not a fan of BC Racing but it sounds like he's run them before without any issues and seems to like them so go nuts! I really like the KW option for the GD STI chassis and would have bought v3's had I kept the car.

I too love the KW!...the price though is sadly out of the budget at this time :(