REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:54 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

ICBC injury question...

Hey guys,

So over the weekend I got in an accident, rear-ended. Damages are over 2k for my brand new 2015 car..

Made a claim already but I woke up today with neck pain/headaches. What is the process for me getting an injury settlement here..Totally new to this. Should I lawyer up?
Advertisement
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #2
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
If you're thinking "CHA CHING"

get the hell out.

2k damage for a 2015 car... might as well sue playland for bumper cars.

Go see a doctor, and get assessed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:02 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Lawyer up... You've been listening to too many ads.

a 2K claim on a brand new car will equate to a certain amount of injury, as you'd expect. And it's most likely very minor.

As smoothie said, get assessed by a doctor, and unless it's absolutely unreasonable, go about your daily life.

And in any case, this is a question you should be asking your adjuster - not the internet. If they offer something you feel is ridiculous, THEN come back?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2015, 02:06 PM   #4

I have not seen my actual report for damages. It could be well over 2k...it is not a minor crash. But yea... Ill goto a dr first.

Oh and I'm not looking for a cha ching...Just want to get compensated if I'm going to have to deal with neck pain for the next month while I recover because some asshole fell asleep while driving.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:15 PM   #5
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
I have not seen my actual report for damages. It could be well over 2k...it is not a minor crash. But yea... Ill goto a dr first.

Oh and I'm not looking for a cha ching...Just want to get compensated if I'm going to have to deal with neck pain for the next month while I recover because some asshole fell asleep while driving.
Go see the doc, get assessed, xrays if necessary. Sorry for being a tad harsh in my first post, I read it as only 2k, not over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2015, 02:18 PM   #6

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Damages are over 2k for my brand new 2015 car..
Quote:
It could be well over 2k...it is not a minor crash.

Seriously though, a headlight on any 2015 car is like $800+ these days.. $2k damage is some touch-up paint on your bumper.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2015, 02:26 PM   #7
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
OEM shits expensive nowadays, 2k is nothing.

Please don't try to work the system if you're not actually injured, it hurts the rest of us.

Only proceed if you are actually injured and the doctor backs it up.

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:38 PM   #8

Jesus christ...I am just asking what the process is like if anyone has experience here with injuries through ICBC.

I have no idea what the damages are but the parts guy said he guaranteed it is over 2k so I am just repeating what he said. I've been rear ended twice in the last 7 years and this is the first time I'm thinking about filing an injury claim. If I get neck pain and lose enjoyment from my life because of this for the next month you better bet I want some money.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-16-2015, 02:46 PM   #9
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Lol my rear ender was $14k+ damage to a 2007 toyota camry, and the car was written off, with all sorts of frame damage.

I used to make fun of people with injury claims, this shit was karma for that for sure.

6 months later, I missed half the biking season, an entire snowboarding season (albeit a shitty one), my back hurts when I am at my desk for extended periods (which is like everyday), I wake up with pain occasionally, etc.

6 months and I am still not at 100%.

Don't try and bullshit the system, it genuinely hurts the people who actually have injuries, this stupid system is such a pain in the ass because so many people are dishonest about injuries thinking its some sort of payday.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2015, 04:55 PM   #10
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Lol my rear ender was $14k+ damage to a 2007 toyota camry, and the car was written off, with all sorts of frame damage.

I used to make fun of people with injury claims, this shit was karma for that for sure.

6 months later, I missed half the biking season, an entire snowboarding season (albeit a shitty one), my back hurts when I am at my desk for extended periods (which is like everyday), I wake up with pain occasionally, etc.

6 months and I am still not at 100%.

Don't try and bullshit the system, it genuinely hurts the people who actually have injuries, this stupid system is such a pain in the ass because so many people are dishonest about injuries thinking its some sort of payday.
What colour was your car and when was this accident?
marksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:14 PM   #11
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
If you are actually injured, go see a doctor and ICBC will call you back and follow up on you to make sure if you are ok.

If you are not sure, get a lawyer. It's up to you.
Never lie and don't try to fuck with ICBC. Soft tissue injuries, such as whiplash are very common way to scam the system. ICBC is very aware of this and you might be under surveillance.
There are stories like how ICBC investigators will ask your neighbours, coworkers, class mates, everybody, on top of surveillance on you. They will check your facebook, and every possible way, and investigate you at full force.

Don't tell them you lost your enjoyment if you didn't lose it, don't exaggerate the injury, if you are playing sports or exercising, let them know. They might come back to you and say "we found out that you're exercising, we conclude that you aren't injured" it's never a good idea to lie or exaggerate. Some people attend doctors more than they need to, just so that they would look like they're injured, they have nothing better to do in life rather than acting like a victim of accident. I'm not saying you are, but there are people out there.

There are countless links about ICBC cases but here are some.
Is ICBC watching me? | Tell Del / Feller & Associates | Vancouver, British Columbia
Video Surveillance | ICBC Personal Injury Claims Lawyer Erik Magraken | Victoria & Vancouver Island BC
ICBC Surveillance -- The Camera DOES Lie - Trial Lawyers Advocacy Group

Also, not just for OP, but if you are trying to scam the system for *CHA CHING* here are some reality.
If you hire a lawyer, it doesn't mean you would necessarily get more money.
Lawyer fee might be 30%, but there are some administration fees, fee for your doctor's note, fee for everything. You might end up paying 60-70% fee overall, sometimes 100%(no money on your side, after fighting for numbers of years)

Also, don't think that you can get a month off from work and get compensated for loss of income. You are only entitled for 75% of your income or $300/week, whichever is less.

The idea here is, just recover as quickly as possible and move on. The studies have shown people who are on fire to recover can recover 4 times faster than people who don't give a shit. Life is short, trying making money off ICBC is not a career unless you're lawyer and you have better thing to do in life.

Last edited by Timpo; 02-16-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:36 PM   #12
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
i was in the exact situation. go get your doctors assessment. if your doc suggests physio or any sort of rehab, you would need to contact your adjuster and forward them a copy of your doctors note. they will confirm if you covered or not. theres usually a surcharge that these places charge you but you can submit the receipts in for reimbursement for the said surcharges.

i was rear ended by a city worker and i was unable to ride my motorcycle for 1.5 riding seasons cuz every time i rode my bike, my back would hurt. my back still bugs me now, sometimes its worse than others.

claim is still open.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksport View Post
Accident was in August 2014. Car was silver.

It was a family car, we had owned it since brand new, had only 110k ish km on it. Was perfectly maintained. Icbc gave us a fair price for the car, but I would have much rather this entire scenario never happen and to have the car back..

Old 02-16-2015, 09:05 PM   #14
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:

It was a family car, we had owned it since brand new, had only 110k ish km on it. Was perfectly maintained. Icbc gave us a fair price for the car, but I would have much rather this entire scenario never happen and to have the car back..
Was the damage just on the rear or also on the side?
marksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:12 PM   #15

Quote:
From the accident just on the rear. Why? Do you know where the car is?

Old 02-16-2015, 10:54 PM   #16
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
one thing, don't close the injury claim until you are sure you're better, like give it 2 months or so to monitor any residual injury or pain with your doctor. If you are in fact injured. Soft tissue damage takes a while to appear.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2015, 12:20 AM   #17

my claim is still open and it is already coming up to 2 years which is the amount of time you get to settle your claim...

this is gonna suck
Old 02-17-2015, 09:06 AM   #18
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
IMO it's always good to see a doctor upon getting into any kind of significant collision - not talking about 5km/h parking lot bumps here - and notify ICBC what the doctor said, as well as the doctor's contact information, just so you're covered if anything were to arise a few weeks down the road. Especially if you're like me and don't really exercise/play sports it could take a fair amount of time to realize there's something wrong. The last thing you want is for some little kink to come out a month later and have ICBC tell you they closed the file because you didn't report any kind of injury or pain. Just my $0.02...
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:16 AM   #19
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
my claim is still open and it is already coming up to 2 years which is the amount of time you get to settle your claim...

this is gonna suck
no one pay any attention to this guy. he's a starbucks barista just looking for a pay out..

Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 04:08 PM   #20

its kinda funny how icbc is pushing out those radio ads these days.

its all about treating us fairly right?
Old 02-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #21
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

When you called for a claim, did you answer yes when you were asked if you were ok?
Old 02-17-2015, 04:50 PM   #22
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
From the accident just on the rear. Why? Do you know where the car is?
inb4 marksport rear ended meme in August 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2015, 05:34 PM   #23
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post

this is gonna suck
What do you mean? 2 years to settle your claim? what if you're injury is not healed by then, then what happens?
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:51 PM   #24
RS controls my life!

^ You have 2 years from the day of the accident to sue the other party.

OP, I hope you are okay.
I was rear ended back in 2011. under $1k in damage. ICBC said it was a "Low velocity impact" and only paid for part of my treatment. I hurt(ed) for at least a year.
I got rear ended again a year later so I don't know how long my first rear ending might have hurt me.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
What do you mean? 2 years to settle your claim? what if you're injury is not healed by then, then what happens?
i was told it was to settle my claim, not 2 years from date of accident to sue. in no means am i going to sue, but if it means that my case is closed and thats the end of medical coverage, there needs to be some monetary value from icbc so i can keep going to physio.