REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Yet another scammer alert! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/702211-yet-another-scammer-alert.html)

Inaii 03-14-2015 10:28 PM

Yet another scammer alert!

Hey guys, posting on behalf of a friend. Spoilered for length.

If anyone knows him (he goes by TypeR on BC Rotary and West Coast Rotary) please pm me.

Thanks for any help!

Spoiler!

ree666 03-14-2015 10:43 PM

Was he one of the guys in the market crossing fight video

Inaii 03-14-2015 10:45 PM

Lol I don't think so? I'm not sure to be honest.

CRS 03-14-2015 11:17 PM

Well, standard operating procedure for calling out scammers on RS appears to be:

1. Post Full Name
2. Post contact phone number / address
3. Post picture of individual
4. Post RS username (if applicable)

From then on, RS patrol will constantly monitor the thread waiting for said scammer to appear in the thread and the screenshot it. Then have the scammer apologize and tell us all how the issue has been resolved.

multicartual 03-14-2015 11:22 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...pcorn-Soda.gif

The_Situation 03-14-2015 11:42 PM

Just gonna leave this here

https://www.facebook.com/Sunshine.Ak?fref=browse_search

rJZx 03-14-2015 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 8610174)
Well, standard operating procedure for calling out scammers on RS appears to be:

1. Post Full Name
2. Post contact phone number / address / school

From then on, RS patrol will constantly monitor the thread waiting for said scammer to appear in the thread and the screenshot it. Then have the scammer apologize and tell us all how the issue has been resolved.

Fixed

swfk 03-14-2015 11:50 PM

Buyer beware, you gotta check thoroughly when you buy used parts really. I would buy used exhausts, wheels, never coils because you can't check it internally.

ree666 03-15-2015 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8610181)

^more like the "snitch-uation" haha

Tone Loc 03-15-2015 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swfk (Post 8610185)
Buyer beware, you gotta check thoroughly when you buy used parts really. I would buy used exhausts, wheels, never coils because you can't check it internally.

This. Obviously the guy who sold the coils is a massive shitbag, but your friend WAS given the chance to look them over before agreeing to buy... personally I would only buy things like coils from people I know, having seen them personally on their car (if used) first. It sucks but "caveat emptor" as they say, I once bought a TRD LSD for my Corolla that stopped locking after less than 5000km of light-moderate driving. It sucked, but it was also my fault for taking the seller on his word and not testing the breakaway points with a torque wrench, which is a proven method I would have discovered had I done my due diligence. Moral of the story is never buy used parts unless you've seen/used them on the seller's car or it is something "inspectable" for wear and such. Or inspect the shit out of them before you buy lol.

Noir 03-15-2015 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina (Post 8610222)
This. Obviously the guy who sold the coils is a massive shitbag, but your friend WAS given the chance to look them over before agreeing to buy... personally I would only buy things like coils from people I know, having seen them personally on their car (if used) first. It sucks but "caveat emptor" as they say, I once bought a TRD LSD for my Corolla that stopped locking after less than 5000km of light-moderate driving. It sucked, but it was also my fault for taking the seller on his word and not testing the breakaway points with a torque wrench, which is a proven method I would have discovered had I done my due diligence. Moral of the story is never buy used parts unless you've seen/used them on the seller's car or it is something "inspectable" for wear and such. Or inspect the shit out of them before you buy lol.

Yeah I don't know how I feel about this either.

It's one thing to buy a stolen/blacklisted phone, but I feel it's another to just having bought a lemon off of CL (or whatever listing site that was used).

Sure I feel for the OP's friend, it must stuck, but I feel equally annoyed at people who think buying at CL is like buying from a retail store; That the expectation is that you're getting brand new goods but for a second hand price; with an expectation of a return policy as well? :lol

Anyways, I feel for the OP but CL and other listing sites have always been buyer beware. As long as it's not stolen goods (like the blacklisted phone), there's really nothing illegal with this particular transaction in question IMO other than it being a moral issue.

quasi 03-15-2015 05:29 AM

Well his last name is Khan, it's got to be subliminal.

con
kän/
informal
verb
verb: con; 3rd person present: cons; past tense: conned; past participle: conned; gerund or present participle: conning

persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception.
"I conned him into giving me your home number"

noun
noun: con; plural noun: cons

an instance of deceiving or tricking someone.
"when depositors, realizing that the whole thing is a con, demand repayment"

Inaii 03-15-2015 08:00 AM

Just posting so that people don't deal with this guy in the future, that's all :)

Also at least I learned something, don't buy coils off craigslist :lol Btw, friend says lesson learned. He's on our rotary club page and he seemed like a decent guy. He did check the coils for damage but you can't see anything internally (like was previously stated).

EmperorIS 03-15-2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 8610174)

1. Post Full Name
2. Post contact phone number / address
5. Dean's Email address

Fixed.

Soundy 03-15-2015 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 8610244)
Well his last name is Khan, it's got to be subliminal.

con
kän/
informal
verb
verb: con; 3rd person present: cons; past tense: conned; past participle: conned; gerund or present participle: conning

persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception.
"I conned him into giving me your home number"

noun
noun: con; plural noun: cons

an instance of deceiving or tricking someone.
"when depositors, realizing that the whole thing is a con, demand repayment"

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...400px-khan.jpg

N8 03-15-2015 01:55 PM

Sucks but in that price range ur buddy is better off getting some BC / CX racing coils. Also douche move that he went so far to cover the damage.. wtf

CRS 03-15-2015 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8610181)

He has posted a new vid (of himself?) shooting a 22.