REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   was invited to grand opening (former Starry Night Restaurant) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/702548-invited-grand-opening-former-starry-night-restaurant.html)

EmperorIS 03-30-2015 05:49 PM

Well this place suddenly sounds a lot better :megusta:

tiger_handheld 03-30-2015 07:05 PM

59 Shareholders, some law firms don't even have that many partners.

I bet you they bought out the building and this is really a real estate flip more than a "cafe".

Calling the cafe will be closed within the next 2-3 years.

ae101 03-30-2015 08:42 PM

trying to compete with CHB :troll:

ae101 03-30-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedStars (Post 8617355)
Ill be a male CSR for the clai's :ifyouknow: I mean...12 dolla is 12 dolla and clais tip great

WOW arent u the 12 dolla balla :troll:

jonwon 03-31-2015 02:47 AM

inb4 op is one of these investors and lol at the guy on the last page of the book. "Innovation is the essence of future development. I hope 1029 will play a major role in consolidating resources and driving innovation in the local and international markets." It's a cafe for fucks sake

also would smash investor #60

StylinRed 03-31-2015 03:39 AM

One of the 1st restaurants my family had opened in china had like 100+ "shareholders", who didn't contribute, they were just chinese govt family members using the status as an avenue for...whatever. This was like a requirement to open (this was 20+ years ago) it opened with a lot of glitz and fanfare, Jiang or Jiangs wife, etc. was one of the ribbon cutters and what happened? it was open for about 2-3 years, before they got what they wanted out of it, and it closed up shop, and the property converted, but it won a lot of favours supposedly

so i imagine this is something similar, if not, then it's just a lot of chinese investors without a lot of money making a poor investment choice

sonick 03-31-2015 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ae101 (Post 8617469)
trying to compete with CHB :troll:

Lol I was thinking the same when I saw the job ads

danned 03-31-2015 06:34 AM

selling ad?

123654123 03-31-2015 08:14 AM

in before swat comes in and disrespects someone

and as someone mentioned investor #60:megusta:

white rocket 03-31-2015 08:36 AM

So it's a rub'n'tug that serves coffee? Killer. See you Friday night :thumbsup:

Mikoyan 03-31-2015 03:23 PM

Also betting their parking lot is going to the background for a lot of Hall of Shame pictures.

svelt 03-31-2015 03:46 PM

All I got from this thread was that Starry Night is now closed, which is kind of sad. As someone else said in this thread, nothing quite like it in Richmond.

Jaffray 03-31-2015 06:13 PM

Everyone talking about shareholder #60 so I had to check it out...

ae101 03-31-2015 08:16 PM

37 not bad too as well :troll:

El Dumbasso 03-31-2015 09:31 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ss/howmany.png
How many mainlanders does it take to change a light bulb?
Spoiler!

vafanculo 03-31-2015 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikoyan (Post 8617358)
Nailed it. Here's a different version of their ad.

Found their website too.

1029¿§·È¹Ý

Customer Service Representative!! $12-$15 dollar per hour + and plus tips

Now Hiring @ 1029 Café ~ Ben.Chan@1029coffee.com (RESUME+SHORT INTRO)

DO NOT CALL – FOLLOW INSTRUCTION AND USE E-MAIL (CHINESE OR ENGLISH)

We are currently recruiting a “Customer Service Representative” to take care of our Elite Business Clients @ 1029 Café.

“1029 Café” is locate in Richmond (near Costco)

1029 Café aren’t just another regular café you order a coffee, pick-up, and Go!

We are providing a platform for a group of Elite Successful clients for their meetings/events. Therefore, we need to make sure they receive a 1st class experience at 1029 Café. A place where they can relax, enjoy, or focus other than their home or office.

This is a full time job (30-40 hours/week)!!!! For a CSR – Customer Service Representative

WAGE --- $12-$15 dollar per hour + and plus tips (we can make this into salary)ß this is negotiable base on experience and if you are the amazing person we are looking for!!

Requirements

- Must speak fluent Mandarin Chinese & understand English

- Must be a great people person with sparkling personality and presentable.

- “Work” must be one of your top 5 priorities on the list.

- Must enjoy assisting and helping people.

- Must be a team player, but can function without being supervise.

- Experience is a bonus but not necessary (Training section will be provided)

Duties

- Provide 1st class hosting/serving experience to our guest.

- Able to provide knowledge/romance the product we carry to our client.

- Making sure the Café’s environment is ready/clean at all time.

- Able to engage the client in a fun and professional manner to go above and beyond of customer expectation.

- Able to address the client by name and remember their favorite drink/beverage.

Further Information can be answer during the interview!!

We are looking for a remarkable person to join our amazing team!! We are a group of professional and fun people, and we are looking for another fun person to join the team!!!

APPLY NOW AT: Ben.Chan@1029coffee.com (RESUME + SHORT INTRO)

I got 1029 problems but a bitch ain't one

SkinnyPupp 04-01-2015 01:35 AM

If I didn't know better, I'd think that OP is actually trolling, and that this is a sarcastic post showing how "beneficial" these usless and self-indulgent mainland "investments" in Canada are.

But I do know better, and all he did was prove the opposition's point. In fact he couldn't have done a better job of making himself look completely wrong. In one post, which he thought was actually a good thing, he shared precisely what everyone hates about this kind of thing.

Vale46Rossi 04-01-2015 02:48 AM

I am actually interested in what kind of coffee and food they serve =/

xeryusx 04-01-2015 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Dumbasso (Post 8618098)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ss/howmany.png
How many mainlanders does it take to change a light bulb?
Spoiler!

Lol nailed it.

originalhypa 04-01-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8618173)
If I didn't know better, I'd think that OP is actually trolling, and that this is a sarcastic post showing how "beneficial" these usless and self-indulgent mainland "investments" in Canada are.

http://mybrainonapage.files.wordpres...4/02/twist.gif

Do you think he is actually that self aware?
I see gululululemon as more along the lines of hyde. But if he was trolling us, that would be quite the twist.

SkinnyPupp 04-01-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8618258)
http://mybrainonapage.files.wordpres...4/02/twist.gif

Do you think he is actually that self aware?
I see gululululemon as more along the lines of hyde. But if he was trolling us, that would be quite the twist.

No he's definitely not aware of what he just did... That's why it's extra fascinating