REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 05-02-2015, 12:29 AM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Advice Please

I have this friend, I have known her since since grade 6, but me and her didn't really become friends till about a year ago. Me and her talked every now and then, but we weren't friends. She's one of those super chill chicks that hates drama. Me and her have a lot of shared interest but a lot of difference too. She has a long distance relationship with this dude who lives in new York. They have been dating for like 6 years now. The thing is I I had a chance with her, but gave up till recently. We were talking girls I hooked up with, and girls I have been trying to hook up with and she said she straight up thought I could do much better then all of them. She's been kind of hitting on me, and I hit on her back. The thing is I gave up hope till recently. I don't want to fuck her, she's a really chill girl and I really like her, and she likes me back. Me and her have become really close friends these last couple years. I'm just wondering do you guys think there's a chance they'll break up? The have been close a couple times. I don't know if I should just move on or keep trying, so I'm doing what I always do when I need advice and asking revscene.

BrownBear is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-02-2015, 01:06 AM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Long distance ratio ships don't work and she should break up with him. But that doesn't mean that YOU should break them up.

No real advice. Soeey
Old 05-02-2015, 01:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Long distance ratio ships don't work and she should break up with him. But that doesn't mean that YOU should break them up.

No real advice. Soeey
I'd never try to break them up. I hate his fucking guts, but she seems happy with him so I'm happy for her.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:07 AM   #4
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
know what my last friend who had a long distance relationship with the guy in NY, he was ALREADY dating another chick over there.......

and this...
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #5
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
how old is OP?
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #6
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
They can work, but how long have they been apart and how much longer will they be apart?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #7

Advice Please

They have only met once, but she wants to go see him again soon. if I had a long distance relationship I'd be fucking another bitch too
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #8
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
6 years and they've only met once?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

me too
dragondragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
6 years and they've only met once?
Ya, and they didn't even fuck. What's the point of going that far, and not getting some
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-02-2015, 01:42 PM   #11
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Is this real life?

"They never Fucked " "you don't want to fuck her"
Old 05-03-2015, 04:34 AM   #12
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
I don't want to fuck her
Quote:
if I had a long distance relationship I'd be fucking another bitch too
Quote:
Ya, and they didn't even fuck. What's the point of going that far, and not getting some
1. You don't want to fuck her.
2. But you'll fuck other bitches if you were in a long distance relationship.
3. Exactly. What's the point of getting with this girl, if you don't wanna fuck her?

Leave this girl alone dude. She'll be happier with her 6 year long distance relationship than with somebody who doesn't know what he wants.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:02 AM   #13

[quote=mr_chin;8632528]
Quote:
I don't want to fuck her
Quote:
if I had a long distance relationship I'd be fucking another bitch too
Quote:
1. You don't want to fuck her.
2. But you'll fuck other bitches if you were in a long distance relationship.
3. Exactly. What's the point of getting with this girl, if you don't wanna fuck her?

Leave this girl alone dude. She'll be happier with her 6 year long distance relationship than with somebody who doesn't know what he wants.[/QUOTE

1. Sorry what I meant was fucking her would be a benefit, I don't want to go out with her just for sex.
2. If I was in a long distance relationship I'd be fucking other chicks, unless it turned super serious who wouldn't.
3. I wanna get with her cause she's chill AF and I like her.
I kinda gave up hope a while ago, but she been dropping hints and shit that I got a chance so I'm just wondering if it's even worth waiting it out or not. I know long distances relationship rarely work but they have been together so long idk. She's been close to breaking up with him before so idk
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-03-2015, 07:58 AM   #14

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
We were talking girls I hooked up with, and girls I have been trying to hook up with and she said she straight up thought I could do much better then all of them. She's been kind of hitting on me, and I hit on her back. The thing is I gave up hope till recently.
Sorry to break it to you but just because a girl says "you can do much better" and is flirting with you doesn't mean you have a chance. What I can tell you that you definitely do have a chance of is being that little side piece that is there to give her attention that she craves and the excitement in person. But her commitment has been made to her long-distance boyfriend that's obvious if she's been in a 6 year relationship with him without seeing him more than once.

If attention is all you're looking for too, by all means, continue. But understand that this girl is most likely just enjoying the attention you give her.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:20 AM   #15
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Ask her how serious her relationship could be considering they've seen each other once in 6 years (lol btw). Let her know how you feel and go from there. If she shuts you down, move on because spending more time with her will only suck more for you in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:24 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Quote:
We were talking girls I hooked up with, and girls I have been trying to hook up with and she said she straight up thought I could do much better then all of them. She's been kind of hitting on me, and I hit on her back. The thing is I gave up hope till recently.
Sorry to break it to you but just because a girl says "you can do much better" and is flirting with you doesn't mean you have a chance. What I can tell you that you definitely do have a chance of is being that little side piece that is there to give her attention that she craves and the excitement in person. But her commitment has been made to her long-distance boyfriend that's obvious if she's been in a 6 year relationship with him without seeing him more than once.

If attention is all you're looking for too, by all means, continue. But understand that this girl is most likely just enjoying the attention you give her.
I doubt she's friends with me for attention only. She hates drama, she not into that shit. I'm not looking for attention either. Only reason I think o have a chance is cause me and usually spend all day talking at work and all day after work just hanging out
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-03-2015, 08:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Ask her how serious her relationship could be considering they've seen each other once in 6 years (lol btw). Let her know how you feel and go from there. If she shuts you down, move on because spending more time with her will only suck more for you in the long run.
First person to give actual advice. Thanks
Old 05-03-2015, 08:43 AM   #18

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
I doubt she's friends with me for attention only. She hates drama
MOST girls SAY they "hate drama." I tend to find the ones that self-proclaim that they hate drama are the most dramatic.

Any ways, best of luck.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:49 AM   #19

Quote:
Quote:
I doubt she's friends with me for attention only. She hates drama
MOST girls SAY they "hate drama." I tend to find the ones that self-proclaim that they hate drama are the most dramatic.

Any ways, best of luck.
Thanks. I have never had any problems with her and drama so I doubt I will
Old 05-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #20
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Long distance ratio ships don't work...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #21

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
1. Sorry what I meant was fucking her would be a benefit, I don't want to go out with her just for sex.
2. If I was in a long distance relationship I'd be fucking other chicks, unless it turned super serious who wouldn't.
3. I wanna get with her cause she's chill AF and I like her.
I kinda gave up hope a while ago, but she been dropping hints and shit that I got a chance so I'm just wondering if it's even worth waiting it out or not. I know long distances relationship rarely work but they have been together so long idk. She's been close to breaking up with him before so idk
If the signs are obvious, then a make a move. Fuck the other guy, no other way to say it nicely because if there was, you'd finish last.

1. She's not married.
2. She's here, with you.
3. This dude, does he even exist? Have you seen him?

It all comes down to what you and her want. Do you want her to be in a better relationship with a guy that's physically here? That will celebrate her birthday every year, here with her? And if things go long term, you will be here to meet her families on special occasions and not 5000 miles somewhere else?

EDIT - After reading the other user's post, I want to add, what do you or anybody mean that they've been together for 6 years. They've been distant and only met once. How is that "together"? More like, they've known each other for 6 years and you've known her since grade 6, so who's longer? I am 99% sure she wants an actual relationship unless this guy in New York is a CEO that makes $300k a month, your chances are high.

TL;DR - Make your move, if she rejects you, stop talking to her and move on.

Last edited by mr_chin; 05-03-2015 at 10:31 AM.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #22
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
If the signs are obvious, then a make a move. Fuck the other guy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:52 AM   #23
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:

Any ways, best of luck.
To echo this

dont believe what girls say, believe what they do. very emotional dominated creatures

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2015, 12:30 PM   #24
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
if you have to assume shit, it just ain't going to work.
if you had to ask a girl about her stance about the other guy, drama or what not... damnnnnnn

Throw her in the back burner and she'll be allll over you...
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #25
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Nobody has a relationship from someone on the other coast, for 6 years, only seen each other once... lol.

My only thought in this is, theres a lot of relationships that are long distance but work out because the people have built a solid base prior to one having to move away for a while. That's what I consider a long distance relationship, and those work, not all the time, but sometimes.

Now having a non physical relationship, through texting, calling, and pictures is nothing without any solid base behind it. Seeing each other one time is not a solid base, there are so many factors that come into play when they do get together that most likely they won't end up together. One day spurts of omg great couple time is not enough to determine whether you are in a relationship or not, because you always put your best self forward when you see someone say once every six years, or so. You also let a lot of things slide just because you're only seeing them once in a long fucking while.

Just my opinion. A long distance relationship that is based on no solid actual relationship couple time is doomed to fail once they get together and start annoying the fuck out of each other.

FYI. If they haven't seen each other for six years, if she most likely goes and sees him now, they will be fucking.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: