REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   DC Universe Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/703362-dc-universe-thread.html)

Lomac 05-13-2015 04:02 PM

DC Universe Thread

Should probably merge the existing threads into one, a la the Marvel thread, eh? Might do it in a bit. That said, I didn't even know this was being made:

I'm honestly not quite sure what to think about it. Allegedly there might be cross over episodes with Flash and Arrow. Dunno though, have a slight feeling it'll be one of those shows cancelled mid-season.

StylinRed 05-13-2015 04:48 PM

....:crazy2: hmm... i prefer the Supergirl that arrives on Earth as a teen/20's that doesn't like or trust humans much and doesn't know how nor want to 'fit in' not a homebody nerdlinger, and a Supergirl that has her own House of El uniform/costume not one her friend had to sew...

+ muscular/non nerdy 'James' Olsen? really? bah

I can see it being popular regardless of ^^^^^ though

bobbinka 05-13-2015 06:06 PM

wish it was Laura Vandervoot instead :(

and this show doesn't look good at all....

rsx 05-13-2015 06:30 PM

What the hell was that? It was like Felicity or Gossip Girl or whatever. This is horse crap.

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-14-2015 12:23 AM

looks like complete fucking crap.

was their target audience 13 year old girls?

it's got shitty tv show bullshit for the masses plastered all over it.

StylinRed 05-14-2015 02:46 AM

Oh yeah since this is a DC thread

Here's the trailer for the DC comic about Lucifer, it's getting a show on FOX...so I imagine it'll be cancelled after a few episodes, 1 season max

7seven 05-14-2015 09:36 AM

Arrow/Flash spinoff Legends of Tomorrow first look

Expresso 05-14-2015 11:08 AM

You guys aren't the target demographic anyways...unless you are pre-teen pubescent girls.

StylinRed 05-14-2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expresso (Post 8636357)
You guys aren't the target demographic anyways...unless you are pre-teen pubescent girls.

Even still.... you would think they were capable of reaching a wider audience, especially, being on CBS the 'older people network'

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 8636332)
Arrow/Flash spinoff Legends of Tomorrow first look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc

Heard Routh was going to play 'the atom' glad he has work, but shame his career hasn't really taken off, hopefully this'll last awhile.... though the trailer looks bllllllegh

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-14-2015 11:59 PM

all these super hero tv shows just scream one thing

"hey guys, lets spit out a buncha crappy shallow shit shows so we can ride the gravy train while this super hero thing is in trend. all the stupid fanboys and bandwagon jumpers will make us rich, even if the episodes only last half a season! it's all we need!"

they care not for story writing, or the art of... anything. it's purely a pragmatic move to squeeze as much money out of this shit as they can. cut as many damn corners as possible, while plastering their shit with some super hero themes to keep it "legit".

terrible.

i would be ashamed to be in the credits in any way shape or form.

fsy82 05-15-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 8636652)
all these super hero tv shows just scream one thing

"hey guys, lets spit out a buncha crappy shallow shit shows so we can ride the gravy train while this super hero thing is in trend. all the stupid fanboys and bandwagon jumpers will make us rich, even if the episodes only last half a season! it's all we need!"

they care not for story writing, or the art of... anything. it's purely a pragmatic move to squeeze as much money out of this shit as they can. cut as many damn corners as possible, while plastering their shit with some super hero themes to keep it "legit".

terrible.

i would be ashamed to be in the credits in any way shape or form.

Have to disagree with that statement because Marvel has done an amazing job with Agents of Shield and tying it into the MCU

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-16-2015 01:57 AM

dude agents of shield is PATHETIC.

like avengers is OK. its a decent hollywood brainless action CGI filled film.

but any lower wouldnt qualify for jack shit... and agents of shield is definitely lower.

the cheese is like... off the scale. it's so brainless that i'd rather watch cartoons, at least they have more pure imagination. the acting ... the script.. is so horrible man.

i duno how ANYONE can appreciate the final production. maybe on script and in theory it could be great if they increased the budget by 3x.

but like... at face value... it'lll be forgotten within 5 years after the last season. it's just filler...

fsy82 05-16-2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 8637033)
dude agents of shield is PATHETIC.

like avengers is OK. its a decent hollywood brainless action CGI filled film.

but any lower wouldnt qualify for jack shit... and agents of shield is definitely lower.

the cheese is like... off the scale. it's so brainless that i'd rather watch cartoons, at least they have more pure imagination. the acting ... the script.. is so horrible man.

i duno how ANYONE can appreciate the final production. maybe on script and in theory it could be great if they increased the budget by 3x.

but like... at face value... it'lll be forgotten within 5 years after the last season. it's just filler...

Wow you got some serious hate on..lol. Take it for what it is. I never understand why people get so upset at these kinds of shows and movies when its meant to entertain not to win an Oscar.