REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:19 PM   #26
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
First Nations people look at the Canadian flag and remember it flew over the residential schools that raped and killed indians by the tens of thousands.

Ban the Canadian flag?

Where does it end?

If a native person tore down a Canadian flag from a government building would they be as celebrated as a black person ripping down the Confederate flag?
Except the flag(s) that flew during the majority of time that the residential schools were open no longer exist:

The Maple Leaf flag only came into effect during the last decade or so of the schools.
Advertisement
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 06:29 PM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Except the flag(s) that flew during the majority of time that the residential schools were open no longer exist:

The Maple Leaf flag only came into effect during the last decade or so of the schools.

Great, now I have to get rid of this symbol of First Nations oppression. Damn.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 08:07 PM   #28
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,270 Times in 1,967 Posts
I'm just going through the comments on that page

Here are my replies. Waiting for my drink to chill so I had some time to kill

Quote:
She’s my instant hero
You pick heroes like you pick your coffee?

Quote:
BREE NEWSOME should be the woman’s face on the new $10 bill. A courageous woman of our time!
Yeah, fuck Harriet Tubman and the lazy ass she was!

Quote:
This was heroic. Bree displayed undaunted moral and physical courage. She performed her protest responsibly and respectfully, the latter being no small feat given the issues and situation
Yup, look at how many invisible lives she saved! Damn inanimate objects...

Quote:
Thank you Bree and James for your peaceful but forceful act. By lowering one racist, wrong and cowardly flag, you’ve raised a million united, right and brave voices. May peace and justice be with you, always!
New math, people. 1 flag = 1 million voices

Quote:
Thank you! You are a inspiration! The world is a better place because you are in it. Light and Laughter,
Yup, people in Somalia are dancing, holding hands and shouting PEACE, LOVE and SOUUUUUUULLLLL

Quote:
Thank YOU for putting up a way to actually help. It is hard on the sidelines feeling stymied to do anything but support, loudly and often!
Clearly, you've never helped anyone physically, dumbass

Quote:
Thank you, Bree, for your brave and righteous act. Hope the little I have to give now helps!
Probably could have fed numerous local mouths with the 'little' you gave

Quote:
Thank you to Bree Newsom for having the courage to do what so many of us know is long over due. Give the politicians in SC a reason to act…they know the Confederate flag symbolizes slavery, oppression and rebellion. It’s not a value Americans should display or recognize in our public sector. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Yeah, it's hard enough dealing with a Corporatocracy

Quote:
Your are my HERO!!!! Thank you! #BlackGirlsRock
Fuckin' racist

Last edited by GS8; 06-27-2015 at 08:13 PM.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 11:34 PM   #29
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Welcome to hacktivism.

Where people act like they give a fuck about the newest social issue for the sole purpose of looking like they give a fuck. All so they can look like some progressive social justice wizard and surround each other in one big circle-jerk of pretending to care about social issues when all they really care about is being part of the "in" crowd.

It's all part of the attention-whore validation fest that is social media. Millions of voices screaming "validate me!" in an online realm instead of going out there to do things and make real change.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:10 AM   #30
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,750 Times in 1,181 Posts
I think I agree with multicartual to a certain extend.

This whole social justice thing is getting out of control. We are literally at a stage where if you go against the ideology of the majority of population, you are fucking wrong.

However, who is it to decide what is right or wrong? The God? a judge? Either of these cases implies that we leave the decision to a very wise person with great amount of wisdom and/or knowledge to analyze something impartially and objectively. But now, if you have an idea that's enough to motivate a good amount of followers, does that make it right? No.

And the people who blindly follow the trend without any self opinion or discipline absolutely sickens me. I have this acquittance on FB, who used to talk shit/make fun of gay people just applied the fucking rainbow on his FB profile pic. I almost puked.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:43 AM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

Social justice warriors always talk about CIS white male privilege. Damn right if everyone makes a big deal out of it I'll use it to the max. I'll be honest, probably the main reason I got my current job was because I am an educated mid 20's white male. Is it right in the grand scheme? No not really. But it's a jungle out there and if you can, take every advantage you have over the competition and run with it. Does who I was born to make me a bad person? No.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:21 AM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

"CIS white male privilege" is simple.

White, heterosexual masculine males had a culture based on judeo-christian values that allowed them to exploit and change the world around them, building nations and shaping western dominance.

If we stayed true to our Judeo-Christian values, we would quickly and strongly move to protect the environment, bolster the nuclear man-woman family, and encourage a stronger sense of morality to lessen financial inequality.

Jesus said "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven."

Teachings like this are important, as the hording of wealth over your fellow human being are one of the major reasons our culture and country are so fucked. The adoration of the rich and famous have lead us to stop caring about the collective future of our species and brings us to the point where you people will see everyone bandwagon-jumping on the latest social craze just to feel a part of something.

In reality, people are feeding into behaviors that are ignoring the major problems coming our way to just feel good in the moment.*

*One of the reasons I've quit weed and my other self-absorbed behaviors is to show I'm not the type to tell others to "Do as I say, not as I do."
Old 06-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

On a global scale, I have no idea what to do to avert total environmental disaster in the near future.

On a local scale, I've been thinking of abandoning the city and finding a nice place to have a hobby farm on Vancouver Island.

Social justice is partially a result of our inequalities, and living in Vancouver I'm exposed to the most extreme examples when I walk out of my $2450 a month Gastown loft and witness countless bums sleeping among feces, urine, needles, rats, litter and vomit.

To think this could happen in a first world country, in 2015, leads me to believe shit is going in the opposite direction of progress.

Gays being able to hijack the normal family structure is not progress, it is feel good ego-stroking, much like the pride parade.

Shouldn't life be more focused on lifting up your fellow man rather than bending him over?
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2015, 11:38 AM   #34
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Reminds me of the article on ClickHole Justice At Last! When This Girl Was Cyberbullied ... | ClickHole

(this is a sister site of the onion. it is satire. it is NOT real)
buhdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #35
Banned (ABWS)

World in 'biomass crisis,' new report finds - British Columbia - CBC News

But the Confederate flag and gay rights are more important!
Old 06-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #36
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Yes but with that same logic, why is The Flag Shop still selling the Japanese Rising Sun flag that may remind Chinese people of the rape of Nanking?

First Nations people look at the Canadian flag and remember it flew over the residential schools that raped and killed indians by the tens of thousands.

Ban the Canadian flag?

Where does it end?

If a native person tore down a Canadian flag from a government building would they be as celebrated as a black person ripping down the Confederate flag?

We live in a time of absolute insanity. Say what you want about the 1950's, but looking back leads me to believe that western culture peaked and is in a strong decline.
Meanwhile in Nanaimo...Empire Days were too racist so the organizers were bullied, funding cancelled and it became some sort of multicultural festival celebrating every culture that did not found that city.

Another fact that is never mentioned about the abomination called slavery...the blacks were raided, rounded up and sold to the west...by a combination of black slavers and muslim slave traders .How come nobody mentions that and goes after them for reparations???
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #37
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
This video does a pretty good job summing up the issue:
Old 06-28-2015, 04:08 PM   #38
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
So many social issues, I couldn't care less.

I just try not to be a total piece of shit towards other people and that seems to make me a half decent person. If the "bandwagoners" feel the need to expel their energy on everything and anything buzzworthy that's fine... Society has reached a strange point, people no longer want you to "mind your own business", they want you to be deeply concerned with their business.

DGAF. I focus my energy on the things that matter to me - cars, guitars, PS4, food that tastes good, fap sessions the second my GF leaves the house etc.

Meh.

Spoiler!
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2015, 04:21 PM   #39
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
I think Antonin Scalia wish he were dead.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:51 PM   #40
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
DGAF. I focus my energy on the things that matter to me - cars, guitars, PS4, food that tastes good, fap sessions the second my GF leaves the house etc.

The problem is, many people on the left wing view you as an enemy and someone to constantly attack with accusations of "privilege" as if you didn't work hard for your achievements in life. If you think communists gave up after the cold war, think again. They changed faces.

Same goes for slavery. If you ask the average person if slavery exists, they will say "no, of course not!"

More Than 35 Million People Around the World Are Slaves | Smart News | Smithsonian

The Internet has given us so much, but also opened the door to cultural hijacking.

Our culture now truly worships the most narcissistic and egotist individuals who have a sole focus: Self-promotion and vanity.

https://instagram.com/jordvnhaus/

Look at that Instagram account, it is nothing but attention-seeking and pure self-absorption.

From the CBC:

Pray tell, why is it that arrogance and outright narcissism is rewarded within the gay community?

Why is it that an LGBT young scientist or humanitarian, or environmentalist can't be the youth ambassador to show that LGBT people are just like us?

Maybe they're not.

Maybe many LGBT people are extremely selfish and constantly aggrandizing their way of life, the opposite of ISIS but to the same end: Total domination over society through their own form of cultural violence. Surrogate children being born to parents who would otherwise be unable to have children without a rent-a-womb while orphaned children go without homes. How many children are in the foster care system in America and Canada? Oh wait, those aren't infants so they're not fashionable to have. It isn't enough of a statement to them.

If you worked with a gay person who acted like Brendan Jordan, you couldn't even suggest that their behavior annoyed you or you would seem like a bigot.

We used to view narcissism and vanity as terrible qualities, now they are uplifted as being "proud queens" who are lauded on places like YouTube for being so vocal and "out".

Do the research yourself. YouTubers are often gay and completely self-absorbed individuals, a product of our completely image-based culture.

Last edited by multicartual; 06-28-2015 at 04:58 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2015, 05:02 PM   #41
RS Veteran

Quote:
If you worked with a gay person who acted like Brendan Jordan, you couldn't even suggest that their behavior annoyed you or you would seem like a bigot.
There was a gay person in a neighbouring office who was more or less a mirror image of Brendan Jordan. Someone call him out for being disruptive to the daily operations of the business and was chastised for it, ruining their career forever in the industry.

That was horrific so to say the least.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 06-28-2015, 05:14 PM   #42
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
There was a gay person in a neighbouring office who was more or less a mirror image of Brendan Jordan. Someone call him out for being disruptive to the daily operations of the business and was chastised for it, ruining their career forever in the industry.

That was horrific so to say the least.

What industry?

LGBT people are not seeking equality, they are seeking dominance and they will succeed because the rest of us are extremely passive in even acknowledging that we have a culture.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:05 PM   #43
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Meanwhile in Nanaimo...Empire Days were too racist so the organizers were bullied, funding cancelled and it became some sort of multicultural festival celebrating every culture that did not found that city.

Another fact that is never mentioned about the abomination called slavery...the blacks were raided, rounded up and sold to the west...by a combination of black slavers and muslim slave traders .How come nobody mentions that and goes after them for reparations???
because, in the beginning, most 'slaves' were brought to the US as servants, who would serve a set number of years before being let go and becoming full citizens with rights (be they black, white, asian, mixed), the problem is white employers wouldn't allow their black servants to go and forced them into slavery and the US courts agreed and set laws saying the black servants were owned for life, and the children of black slave women (be they the children of the masters or not) were 'born into slavery'...

also the majority of slaves came from western central africa, almost all it seems, where islam hadn't spread to and where the arab slave trade didn't seem to operate, but rather the spanish/dutch/english/african slavers operated. The arab slave trade dealt mostly with selling slaves to egypt, turkey etc. the Barbary pirates even captured slaves from Europe and North America to bring them back to the Arab world for sale

the attempt to blame the arab slavers only seemed to come in more recent years/decades to attempt to pass blame, most of that noise came from the tea party and fox news, but it doesn't seem to be accurate

Last edited by StylinRed; 06-28-2015 at 08:18 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:16 PM   #44
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
So many social issues, I couldn't care less.

I just try not to be a total piece of shit towards other people and that seems to make me a half decent person. If the "bandwagoners" feel the need to expel their energy on everything and anything buzzworthy that's fine... Society has reached a strange point, people no longer want you to "mind your own business", they want you to be deeply concerned with their business.
Amen. I'm being put on blast for disagreeing with the idea of rainbowing display pictures and calling it ineffective. The result? People calling it "awareness". Has social justice changed to the point where you can consider yourself "part of the solution" by changing a display picture? Where was my anti Confederate flag overlay? My Freddie Gray justice overlay?

If putting a rainbow on my picture counts, then why don't I support the cause by drinking seven colours of Skittle vodka and throwing up the results? Would that count as "awareness" because I literally vomited rainbows?

For the record, I support the legalization 100%, but can't stand how people can think "me too" activism is making a change or bringing awareness. Posting the news articles is enough.
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:23 PM   #45
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
I come from a country where people literally starve to death and nobody gives a fuck, at least in the 'mainstream'. Where's the activism for them?

I have limited energy to care about things. It's awesome that same-sex marriage was legalized in the US, but, uh, there's some life-and-death issues I'd rather care about and try and change.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #46
RS Veteran

Quote:
What industry?
Finance

Old 06-28-2015, 09:28 PM   #47
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

this stuff only gets to you and into your life if you let it.

don't click every stupid story about some idiot. don't go to worldstar.

don't look for the literal depths of the internet.

don't click on stupid stories about 18 year olds.

the kardashians and things like that only matter if you see them. i don't watch the show, i don't watch or read anything about them online. so ya know, they are pretty lame but i don't really care about them.

at the end of the day you are clicking on these links and subjecting yourself to torture.

you can't complain about the kardshians if all you do is watch their show, follow them on twitter and whatever else.

edit: wshh also has "nice" videos like the one about the dude who gives homeless guys haircuts. that's on there right now too but i guess we ignore those videos on worldstar?
Old 06-29-2015, 07:52 AM   #48
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
this stuff only gets to you and into your life if you let it.

You're asking me to become passive in our culture rather than active?

Quote:
edit: wshh also has "nice" videos like the one about the dude who gives homeless guys haircuts. that's on there right now too but i guess we ignore those videos on worldstar?

Broken clocks
Old 06-29-2015, 08:10 AM   #49
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
What industry?

LGBT people are not seeking equality, they are seeking dominance and they will succeed because the rest of us are extremely passive in even acknowledging that we have a culture.
aren't you giving this guy more attention by posting him here? i'd have never heard of this guy have you not had posted his instagram

and LOL at LGBT people seeking dominance.

there really isnt a single way that LGBT people can affect you if you're straight
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:56 AM   #50
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
aren't you giving this guy more attention by posting him here? i'd have never heard of this guy have you not had posted his instagram

and LOL at LGBT people seeking dominance.

there really isnt a single way that LGBT people can affect you if you're straight
CiC literally believes the media and government can turn kids to become gay. Still fundamentally consider unconditional love as the best and only approach.

Some straight people can be affected. Case in point. 1 of 2 recent personal experiences.

I used to go to a church(yes a church) because it appeared most people were super nice. There was a young woman that had all the potential to be a child entertainer but the first warning sign was that she kissed the little kids really loud. This I let go but when I discovered a parent was not happy at all, it was concerning and she still continued the kissing. Next, I discovered there was a high chance she was bisexual. Let that go. Next was her actual purchased work. Never got a chance to ask her in detail a major part of it but one page was possibly very disrespectful. Personally would never let her alone with children and I am willing to sacrifice for surveillance and monitoring.

Anyways, I agree it won't affect me as I'm straight but what about those parents who might have to 50-60 hours/week each? Goddamnit, they took out this version of Lilith on google, where apparently she has an affinity for little children. But get this; the parents are unsuspecting(too busy?) and Lilith ends up in control!

I absolutely have no worries with my kid becoming gay because it won't happen. However, if my kid ever ends up going to the Boy Scouts, I have no choice but to spend a few hours monitoring, as gays are allowed to be Scout Leaders now. Wouldn't be surprised if one is a little too suspicious being a monitoring agent, could end up being ostracized with how LBGT influence is on the rise.

I feel sad, because I like some gays. Off to the strippers and the horrible jungle music!

Last edited by rcoccultwar; 06-29-2015 at 09:02 AM.
rcoccultwar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: