REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Iphone crowd funding scam (https://www.revscene.net/forums/704241-iphone-crowd-funding-scam.html)

Manic! 07-07-2015 03:02 AM

Iphone crowd funding scam

People are so stupid. $200 for a I phone 6 plus? The Campaign is also from Toronto Canada.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/u...ek-only#/story

Quote:

Hello fellow Indiegogo'ers, this campaign is short sweet and simple. If you research our profile you will see that we have another campaign running for a newly *patent pending* technology known as a portable rear windshield wiper. We are a technology company and such we have many connections within the industry. Our existing campaign hasn't been as successful as we had hoped so we took alternative action to begin generating funds. We partnered with a lucrative wholesale Apple technology provider and purchased 15 000 unlocked Iphone 6 64gb units at wholesale pricing. We have already pre-sold 5000 of these units, and have decided to use Indiegogo as a platform to sell the other 10 000.

We have acquired these units at bulk wholesale pricing, and in an attempt to provide full transparency, we will provide you the prospective customer with the following information: We have been provided these units at wholesale bulk order pricing of $150US per unit. In other words we make $50US per unit towards our overall cause. Your Iphone 6 will come factory sealed, with standard Apple Warranty brand new in box unlocked and ready to use with any carrier worldwide. Please see our FAQ section below

How is this product so inexpensive?

This is wholesale pricing, priced to sell. The fact of the matter is we are not AT&T or T Mobile nor are we Apple retail. Ever wonder how your sell phone provider is able to give you that brand new phone for $50 and a 2 year contract? Its because the technology itself is quite inexpensive, the market itself has just set a standard that justifies regular and exorbitant retail mark up. We cut out the mark up, and bought high in order to offer you something quick, easy, and worthwhile.

Why is our campaign so short?

The answer to this question is real simple. Every heard of layaway? You in a sense can consider our inventory on layaway we didn’t have the 1 000 000+ capital to purchase such a large order or we would not be on Indiegogo in the first place, but you must purchase in bulk to benefit from the wholesale pricing. The entity who floated these funds for us has given us one week to sell as many units as we have in stock, at which point they will be selling the remaining inventory in bulk to a retailer in order to recoup and gain on their original investment. That is why we have not marked up the pricing on these units very much, in hopes that we can sell as many of these products, come close to our goal and offer you the customer a unique opportunity

Are these units new? Are there any issues?

These are brand new, sealed in the box original Apple factory unlocked 64gb models. Each and every purchase comes with standard Apple warranty and original paperwork

How will we prove that?

The day after campaign funds close and are received from Indiegogo, each and every Perk purchaser will receive a confirmation email providing a tracking number for their package as well the serial number to their specific unit. From there you are more than welcome to look up the serial and confirm your units status while you await your package

How long will shipping take?

No frills, no gimmicks, no wait time…the units are here and ready to ship. The second we receive funds each and every unit will be shipped within 24hrs, within this same time frame customers will receive a tracking number and serial information on their particular unit(s)

We encourage you to checkout our other campaign, and understand that this an innovative solution to an alternate crowdfunding need don’t miss out on an amazing deal on today’s hottest new technology.
Bigger than bigger

iPhone 6 Plus isn’t just bigger—it’s better in every way. Larger, yet thinner. More powerful, yet power efficient. It’s a new generation of iPhone.

5.5-inch (diagonal) Retina HD display with 1920-by-1080 resolution
A8 chip with M8 motion coprocessor
8-megapixel iSight camera with Focus Pixels, True Tone flash and optical image stabilization
1080p HD video recording at 60 fps and slo-mo video recording at 240 fps

FaceTime HD camera
Touch ID fingerprint sensor
LTE1 and 802.11ac Wi-Fi
iOS 8 and iCloud
Available in silver ONLY

Soundy 07-07-2015 06:57 AM

Still a better love story than Twilight.

smoothie. 07-07-2015 07:43 AM

bought in.

TOPEC 07-07-2015 04:51 PM

im more interested in this "patent pending" portable rear windshield wiper that they have, sounds very promising, but i guess in the mean time i'll just keep a squeegee in my trunk

tonyzoomzoom 07-07-2015 05:10 PM

their patent pending portable rear windshield wiper comes with a squeegie kid ;)

Manic! 07-07-2015 07:22 PM

And another scam

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e?ref=category

Soundy 07-07-2015 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOPEC (Post 8657263)
im more interested in this "patent pending" portable rear windshield wiper that they have, sounds very promising, but i guess in the mean time i'll just keep a squeegee in my trunk

My rear wiper is portable - goes everywhere my car goes [emoji14]okerface:

twitchyzero 07-08-2015 12:24 AM

still a better investment than kung shoes