REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:19 AM   #76
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Patiently waiting for 4444 to respond to this thread.

ok, here's how i chime in - though it's kinda creepy that you need me to comment:

- stop looking at 'lost value' - the market just had a STUPID bubble run up and is up about 85% on the year. this isn't lost value, it's giving back some of the stupidly gained value. It will fall further as valuations are not right.

- anyone who couldn't see this coming should not be invested. chinese capital markets are not mature, those involved at the beginning are fine, but the people who got involved in the run up and who will lose their shirt are not going to be the wealthy, but will be the middle class, the working people (office or otherwise) of china. chinese stock market volatility is really high compared to N.A. and Western European markets.

- this will have little effect on vancouver, the run up was recent, this downturn will not affect the small number of very wealthy people that could afford to buy the high end of real estate around the world - the people buying 'average' places in vancouver are, factually, residents and citizens of canada, mostly using mortgage debt (this is why i say factually, if you buy with a mortgage, you're not a rich chinese off shore person).

sorry i don't have any controversial to say. i don't invest directly in china and would advise anyone that doesn't like things like this to follow that same advice. you can get plenty of exposure to the chinese economy (not stock market) through the S&P500 as this includes the world's biggest companies that operate worldwide.

there's really nothing to see here, the actual chinese economy (which is WAY more important) is ticking along at some number the chinese government says, which is less than it was a year ago, and is more than it will be next year - again, no surprise. the stock market just had an overzealous run up and now is going back to it's mean...

one controversial thing i will say - take this as a lesson for all asset classes, when prices go away from value, you will revert back to mean, and quickly (with an overshoot)... i'm sure you are all reading what i'm saying, right?
Advertisement
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #77
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
China stock market crisis could lead to more real estate investment in B.C.

China stock market crisis could lead to more real estate investment in B.C. - British Columbia - CBC News
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-10-2015, 11:09 AM   #78
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
China stock market crisis could lead to more real estate investment in B.C.

China stock market crisis could lead to more real estate investment in B.C. - British Columbia - CBC News
It's actually the opposite. It would force Chinese investors to sell to cover their positions in China.

Either way, the rise from last 2 days is painfully to watch. China basically made it impossible for big players to sell and the regular folks account for very little (relatively speaking) volume. So the only possibility is to buy, not to mention the 120billion yuan the central bank has mandated to spur into the stock market.

Mark my word, when it start dropping again, it would break through 3000 points in no time.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #79
HELP ME PLS!!!

This has been widely reported outside of North America, but very few here. I wonder why..

China?s stock market bounces back, after govt steps in to stop huge slide ? RT Business
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #80

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
It's actually the opposite. It would force Chinese investors to sell to cover their positions in China.

Either way, the rise from last 2 days is painfully to watch. China basically made it impossible for big players to sell and the regular folks account for very little (relatively speaking) volume. So the only possibility is to buy, not to mention the 120billion yuan the central bank has mandated to spur into the stock market.

Mark my word, when it start dropping again, it would break through 3000 points in no time.
This is exactly what was thinking too but is there really position to cover after such a loss?

I'm no expert in the stock market, but if it's loss, it's loss, even if you sell your assets and investments, you're not gonna get it back right? If so, wouldn't it be wise to keep your real estate investments in B.C?
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 02:38 PM   #81
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,285 Times in 2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
This is exactly what was thinking too but is there really position to cover after such a loss?

I'm no expert in the stock market, but if it's loss, it's loss, even if you sell your assets and investments, you're not gonna get it back right? If so, wouldn't it be wise to keep your real estate investments in B.C?
Buddy, you are still thinking with your Canadian mindset. You need to put on a Chinese Mainlander hat and consider what they are doing and how much they have borrowed to leverage.

When you are borrowing from other people in China, you better damn well pay them back.

That is all I am going to say.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #82
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
When you are borrowing from other people in China, you better damn well pay them back.

That or change your name to The Thompsons and move to Terror Lake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #83
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post

If you borrow money or camp with the awp in China, you could get fucked anytime

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 07-10-2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: NSFW content
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 04:25 PM   #84

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
There's already China investors in the Hong Kong real estate giving up on their unit pre purchase and ditching their deposit because of the recent market crash in China.

Its hard to say that will be the case in Vancouver though as the on average Chinese foreign investors are somewhat better off than the ones investing in Hong Kong. The ones that invested in Vancouver invested way before the huge spike in the Chinese Market in the last 6 months and decline in the last month would probably not force them to sell off their Vancouver homes just yet.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 04:35 PM   #85
Banned (ABWS)

I recently met an asian older woman who is a real estate agent, what is the most polite way to ask if she's single?

Got me some yellow fever
Old 07-10-2015, 04:39 PM   #86

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
I recently met an asian older woman who is a real estate agent, what is the most polite way to ask if she's single?

Got me some yellow fever
You will not get her pussy wet by telling her you rent.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:11 PM   #87

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
If you borrow money or camp with the awp in China, you could get fucked anytime

Yeah, chase after the guy with the knife.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:43 PM   #88
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:

Got me some yellow fever
asking if someone is single is the worst idea ever.

if they are not single, and they tell you, or hesitate to tell you, then it becomes awkward and you just closed a door on yourself.

if they are into you, you just see where it goes.

is she mainlander? if she's mainlander, being single or married doesn't matter. relationships in china... everyone's fucking everyone else behind everyone's backs. LOL.

everyone is promiscuous. just try. that's the only thing you have to do.

you could become another one of her boy toys. if she's into that. maybe her favourite one. it will come with a lot of benefits LOL.

rich women, are exactly like rich men. they frolic through fields of options, doing a small dance with each one that passes.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:56 PM   #89
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,811 Times in 2,500 Posts
multi's getting schooled by ulic on how to work game

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 07:41 PM   #90
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,807 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
This has been widely reported outside of North America, but very few here. I wonder why..

China?s stock market bounces back, after govt steps in to stop huge slide ? RT Business
Maybe because you're not looking?

China stocks rebound: Is the worst over? - Jul. 9, 2015

China stocks bounce back after days of panic selling among investors | Business | The Guardian

China bounce snaps five-day equity sell-off | Reuters

Why China stock market will bounce back--commentary

Sorry it seems like I am picking on you, but seriously man you are looking for a fight for no reason. The "western media" isn't trying to make people hate China. You don't have to trust state run media to get "the truth".
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-10-2015, 09:12 PM   #91
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Quote:
or camp with the awp
LOL!

Camp with the awp!

Spoiler!
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:22 PM   #92
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
is she mainlander? if she's mainlander, being single or married doesn't matter. relationships in china... everyone's fucking everyone else behind everyone's backs. LOL.

She was not born here. I have never hit on a mainlander before!

I was thinking I would send a "thank you" envelope to her office, thanking her for the house tour and asking her out for dinner at a nice Kits restaurant that I'm sure she would enjoy. Just leaving my number and signing it, putting the ball into her court.

Flirting like that is my style, putting the feelers out there and if they're interested, they'll bite. Assuming, of course, that mainlander women are like the typical Canadian woman who will nibble whenever you dangle a worm in their direction!
Old 07-10-2015, 10:29 PM   #93
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
You will not get her pussy wet by telling her you rent.

Younger, dispossessed women care more about the things you own and how your level of status makes them more important,
Older, established women care more about how you make them feel, and the functional ability of the property between your legs.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:05 PM   #94
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Maybe because you're not looking?

China stocks rebound: Is the worst over? - Jul. 9, 2015

China stocks bounce back after days of panic selling among investors | Business | The Guardian

China bounce snaps five-day equity sell-off | Reuters

Why China stock market will bounce back--commentary

Sorry it seems like I am picking on you, but seriously man you are looking for a fight for no reason. The "western media" isn't trying to make people hate China. You don't have to trust state run media to get "the truth".
Who said anything about getting information from state media to find the truth?

All I said was propaganda, it doesn't need to come from state media to be propaganda news. All news media sources are bias (if it's bias/manipulative enough, it's propaganda), just depends on which side of the spectrum the owner wishes to lean on.

My original comment was about North American media sources, you got 2/4 right, Guardian and Reuter are from Europe. Most North American news sources did not report that. I stand corrected.

and I feel that you're nitpicking to try to pick a fight.

Last edited by willystyle; 07-10-2015 at 11:11 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2015, 01:10 AM   #95
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
ok so will China still be the leader of global economy or what? Like everybody used say?
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-11-2015, 01:43 AM   #96

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
ok so will China still be the leader of global economy or what? Like everybody used say?
Timpo, ur such an idiot!

Stock market bubbles and underlying economy are not related. The economy will move as it does (especially a planned economy like china).

The only variable here is if enough people lose confidence and stop buying, this is unlikely here given the low percentage of people that invest in the stock market, especially in China
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:19 AM   #97
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,807 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Most North American news sources did not report that..
They all did. I thought you were still on the "western mainstream media tries to make China look bad" idea. Now it's just "North American mainstream media". I'll keep that in mind from now on.

I could look up every single North American media source and find that same story you think never got written. It would be a waste of time though, just rest assured that you're wrong and it did.

Some may have a bias, but that doesn't make it propaganda. Some papers are left leaning, some are right, some try to be neutral. People tend to read the papers that support their own opinions. That doesn't mean it's propaganda, it just means it's from a different perspective. Facts are still facts though, and that's what gets reported, unless the source is completely shady and untrustworthy (look at any link CiC posts for this).

The same can not be said for state run media. That is pure propaganda plain and simple.

Like I said I don't mean to pick on you. I am just trying to convince you that your feeling that there is this anti china sentiment in all western (or now, north american) media is just wrong. Maybe some assholes have that feeling and it comes through in their writing, but there's no conspiracy to try to make a country look bad. I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just letting you know...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2015, 07:22 AM   #98
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Assuming, of course, that mainlander women are like the typical Canadian woman who will nibble whenever you dangle an anaconda in their direction!
Fixt.............

worm? hee hee
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2015, 11:56 AM   #99
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,129 Times in 7,144 Posts
Quote:
Maybe some assholes have that feeling and it comes through in their writing, but there's no conspiracy to try to make a country look bad. I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just letting you know...
China (among many countries including Canada) doesn't need any help making themselves look bad from the media. Their government corruption, greed, and lack of respect for their citizens can do that for them quite well.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2015, 12:18 PM   #100
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
I am just trying to convince you that your feeling that there is this anti china sentiment in all western (or now, north american) media is just wrong.
I disagree! I believe there is an anti-china sentiment among major western mainstream media. It doesn't take much digging to know. For every 10 news stories posted about China, 9 of them are negative from the west. Many of the positive news stories that happen in China rarely ever get printed. You can go all day listing reasons why. I believe the news media is standing behind the stance of our governments and that is to paint Russia and China to be part of this evil cult. Unfortunately, many fall for it, and chooses to believe it. This is my opinion, and I don't expect everyone to agree.