REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Best paintball in the lower mainland? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/704474-best-paintball-lower-mainland.html)

JHatta 07-21-2015 09:20 AM

Best paintball in the lower mainland?

Just as the title suggests, I'm looking to organize a paintball event with some guys / girls from work. There's a bunch in langely, surrey, Richmond, etc... but I have only gone to the one in tsawwassen.

Anyone have a good recommendation?

Group is probably going to be around 20 people.

thanks

Dragon-88 07-21-2015 09:47 AM

Depends what you're looking for.

I'd stick to Panther or Ambush, both have great locations(outdoors) and are very friendly. They have scenario and speedball fields and they have done major upgrades to these fields.

If you prefer indoor then go to Richmond indoor paintball. They also have done a bunch of renovations, but with the heat it gets really hot inside.

The biggest complaint about paintball is their masks, rental masks are crap and unfortunately they will always fog. There's nothing you can do, unless you buy your own mask.. FYI

I used to play speedball on a team and was a regular at RIP and Ambush.

JHatta 07-21-2015 09:55 AM

Outdoor is what we are looking for. Thanks!

Mikoyan 07-21-2015 09:57 AM

The field in Tsawassen is gone. Delta Force Paintball there took over Maple Ridge Paintball. Panther and Ambush are probably your best bets, unless people don't want to go that far. RIP or North Shore paintball are the only closer options.

murd0c 07-21-2015 10:00 AM

Panther is great ad by far one of the best around.

Mr.Jay 07-21-2015 11:36 AM

The one in North Van on Capilano is pretty solid too. Never had a issue with them before

GLOW 07-21-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jay (Post 8662447)
The one in North Van on Capilano is pretty solid too. Never had a issue with them before

if that's the one on/near the indian reserve with the giant hill that was pretty fun. has a smaller course/maze in the back too

Kaolinite 07-21-2015 12:38 PM

TPG is gone? :O

Mikoyan 07-21-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaolinite (Post 8662463)
TPG is gone? :O

It's been gone for a while now. Delta Force paintball took over about 2 years ago?

SoNaRWaVe 07-22-2015 10:50 PM

theres a good one in north van. i forgot what it was called but they do have zombie themed paintball games at night time or evening.

but you gotta book way in advance last time i looked.

ShyGuy 07-22-2015 11:59 PM

Panther paintball in Surrey.

Hondaracer 07-23-2015 09:01 AM

Paintball is the worst run/organized sport I've ever taken a part of, run by the most arrogant/ignorant people I've ever come across. perhaps since the time we've left it its improved but man, no wonder it's never gotten off the ground.

Me and my buddies invested like 900-1500 in gear, played 5-6 times then stopped going. Public games there were almost fist fights like every game

originalhypa 07-23-2015 10:22 AM

^
you make a good point. PB is a tight knit community and they don't take kindly to outsiders coming in. That kind of attitude always pissed me off, and kept me from taking it more seriously. We had a speedball team and had some success, but coming out to a public drop in night, and getting ONE game per hour while the staff walked around the corner to get high was enough for me to say "fuk this".

My brothers and I used to be regulars at Panther. They have a good location, and have been doing it for years. We still go there a couple times a year when I feel like busting out the old autococker and having some fun.

Tsawassen was the best for local paintball back in the day. Too bad they're gone now.

CorneringArtist 07-23-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon-88 (Post 8662414)
Depends what you're looking for.

I'd stick to Panther or Ambush, both have great locations(outdoors) and are very friendly. They have scenario and speedball fields and they have done major upgrades to these fields.

If you prefer indoor then go to Richmond indoor paintball. They also have done a bunch of renovations, but with the heat it gets really hot inside.

The biggest complaint about paintball is their masks, rental masks are crap and unfortunately they will always fog. There's nothing you can do, unless you buy your own mask.. FYI

I used to play speedball on a team and was a regular at RIP and Ambush.

At Richmond you can pony up a couple bucks for a rental anti-fog mask. Best decision I ever made and could see everything, even managing a few long-range shots!

Mr.Jay 07-23-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 8662457)
if that's the one on/near the indian reserve with the giant hill that was pretty fun. has a smaller course/maze in the back too

Yep thats the one

very bottom of Capilano Rd.

Its smaller but I think thats makes the games more exciting and the hill makes for lots of different game modes

Hehe 07-23-2015 06:01 PM

If you guys don't mind crossing the border, I have had a blast before at Go Big Paintball near Lynden.