REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Non-REVscene Social Meets (https://www.revscene.net/forums/non-revscene-social-meets_199/)
-   -   Great Canadian VW Show - Audi's and VW - pre-meet, cruise, and roll-in - August 23rd (https://www.revscene.net/forums/704783-great-canadian-vw-show-audis-vw-pre-meet-cruise-roll-august-23rd.html)

Marshall Placid 08-09-2015 10:26 PM

Great Canadian VW Show - Audi's and VW - pre-meet, cruise, and roll-in - August 23rd

The Great Canadian VW Show, for the Sunday August 23rd Show and Shine at Concord Pacific is coming up soon.

Date: Sunday, August 23rd (gates open at 7AM)
Makes: VWs and Audi's
Objective of this post: to organize a larger pre-meet, cruise, and roll-in together.

More info:
A few of us (tentatively, 4 to 5 Audi's) are doing a pre-meet and cruising there to the show.

The pre-meet is probably (not sure yet) around 9AM to 10AM.

Tentatively, the pre-meet will be somewhere in Downtown Vancouver since the Show is also in Downtown Vancouver.

Is anybody interested in coming as well?

The GCVW show last year had 5,000+ VWs (and "some" Audi's) there, and the scene is vibrant with merchants, displays, etc.

It would be WUNDERBAR to get a larger group of Audi's to attend (of course, VW owners are more than welcome to join us as well).

Post below!

CCA-Dave 08-10-2015 12:39 PM

May I suggest you pre-meet at 8, and plan to be at the show for 9am? The show "opens" at 10am, and us organizers would really like to see the bulk of vehicles in and parked by then.

I'll watch this thread, having a head-count of how many Audi's to expect would be really helpful. They haven't required much space in previous years, so knowing how many spots to put aside will help us out significantly.

-Dave

Marshall Placid 08-10-2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCA-Dave (Post 8669376)
May I suggest you pre-meet at 8, and plan to be at the show for 9am? The show "opens" at 10am, and us organizers would really like to see the bulk of vehicles in and parked by then.

I'll watch this thread, having a head-count of how many Audi's to expect would be really helpful. They haven't required much space in previous years, so knowing how many spots to put aside will help us out significantly.

-Dave

That is a good idea.

I'll lets others know and see what they say.

I'll post here to update the numbers.

CCA-Dave 08-11-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Placid (Post 8669512)
That is a good idea.

...especially if you want to park together ;)

-Dave

Marshall Placid 08-18-2015 09:43 PM

Update:

About 5 cars are doing the pre-meet, but should be a few or several more.

Location of the pre-meet:

Downtown White Spot Parking Lot on West Georgia (the one next to Stanley Park).

Time:
8:00AM to 8:30AM to roll-in at the show at 9AM.

Post below if you are interested in coming.