REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Will Smith's Remake of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/704853-will-smiths-remake-fresh-prince-bel-air.html)

pastarocket 08-14-2015 07:38 AM

Will Smith's Remake of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

Aw yeah, Will Smith is remaking the Fresh Prince of Bel Air! :fuckyea:

?Fresh Prince? Reboot: Will Smith Developing Revival of ?Bel Air? | TVLine

Now, this is the story all about how The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air got flipped, turned upside-down.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the exploding revival craze is expanding to include the classic ’90s sitcom, with original star Will Smith leading the charge (this time solely as a producer).

According to multiple sources, Smith’s production shingle, Overbrook Entertainment, is in the very early stages of developing a present-day family comedy that puts a new spin on the fish-out-of-water tale while maintaining the spirit of Fresh Prince. (An official longline is still being hammered out.)

I’m told a pitch is being finalized now and Overbrook will begin shopping it around in the coming weeks. Smith would serve as an EP alongside his Overbrook producing partners James Lassiter, Caleeb Pinkett and Jada Pinkett-Smith
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1879097/im...E-facebook.jpg

ZN6 08-14-2015 08:12 AM

:suspicious:

is all I got. How are they gonna find a replacement for uncle phil? Those pillowy mounds of mashed po-ta-toessss......

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/AhUgsPn3hyI/hqdefault.jpg

320icar 08-14-2015 08:25 AM

There is now way this won't suck

SkinnyPupp 08-14-2015 08:33 AM

I wonder if people in their 30's went through this many reboots 20 years ago? I wouldn't have noticed.

murd0c 08-14-2015 09:47 AM

nope we didn't, when we were young everything was new/original. Now they can't think of new ideas so may as well bring back the old shit that worked.

SkinnyPupp 08-14-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8670755)
nope we didn't, when we were young everything was new/original. Now they can't think of new ideas so may as well bring back the old shit that worked.

You were in your 30's 20 years ago?

Spoon 08-14-2015 09:51 AM

I'm guessing he's casting his son for the main role again? :fullofwin:

murd0c 08-14-2015 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8670756)
You were in your 30's 20 years ago?

Nope but I've spoken to my parents about this before and they said the same thing. TV was so new back then there was nothing to copy.

Lomac 08-14-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8670749)
I wonder if people in their 30's went through this many reboots 20 years ago? I wouldn't have noticed.

Reboots, only a couple. Up to the 80's or so, it was mostly spin-offs rather than reboots.

winson604 08-14-2015 10:55 AM

Word is it may not actually be a Fresh Prince Reboot. We'll see.

Will Smith Producing Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reboot - IGN

underscore 08-14-2015 11:05 AM

I love how the old promo shot used chops off Ashley's face.

EndLeSS8 08-14-2015 12:28 PM

Season 1 Vivian was cool.

I couldn't get used to the other season Vivian

ZN6 08-14-2015 01:30 PM

Fuck Fresh Prince, Reboot Reboot.

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvba...47_b_v7_aa.jpg

ZN6 08-14-2015 01:31 PM

Wait.... WTF!!!

Reboot of ReBoot officially coming to TV with 26 new episodes - Trending - CBC News

SHEEEEEEEEIT

Lomac 08-14-2015 11:52 PM

Someone's comment in the IGN post.

Quote:

I would rather watch a spin-off where Carlton becomes POTUS and Will just lives in the White House. I would watch the s*** out of that.
I think I agree with this. :lol

I don't want to see a spin-off or reboot of the original series; I want to see a 20 years down the road version of the show, starring as many of the original cast as they can. Seeing Carlton as a rich DotCom guy (or even something like POTUS), while Will is mooching off him after his degree of choice in college (forget what it was, if it was even mentioned?) failed.

And Geoffrey. Have to bring him back, maybe with him showing his son America and what it was like living there.

But Phil... :okay: There would have to be some running gag that would keep him around, somehow. No idea what, but Fresh Prince wouldn't be the same without some sort of reference to him coming back to bite Will's ass every now and again.

underscore 08-15-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 8671001)
But Phil... :okay: There would have to be some running gag that would keep him around, somehow. No idea what, but Fresh Prince wouldn't be the same without some sort of reference to him coming back to bite Will's ass every now and again.

Retired, he's now constantly on vacations with Viv - Tahiti, France, etc. Every so often a postcard shows up saying how they're doing, with the last line being something directed at Will.

SkinnyPupp 08-15-2015 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8671037)
Retired, he's now constantly on vacations with Viv - Tahiti, France, etc. Every so often a postcard shows up saying how they're doing, with the last line being something directed at Will.

That goes SO against what the show was actually like, and what made it so great

CorneringArtist 08-15-2015 11:55 AM

Hell yes. Modern game and movie references please. Mad Max was done once already.

underscore 08-16-2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8671044)
That goes SO against what the show was actually like, and what made it so great

Care to explain?

SkinnyPupp 08-16-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8671252)
Care to explain?

The show never shied away from serious topics like death in the family, and things like that.

underscore 08-16-2015 11:36 AM

Fair point, although he died outside of when the show was running so they might handle it differently.