REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   coconut oil pulling for teeth (https://www.revscene.net/forums/704878-coconut-oil-pulling-teeth.html)

ilovebacon 08-16-2015 01:41 AM

coconut oil pulling for teeth

Apparently, there are quite a few studies that support this process and a lot of people swear by it.

It is claimed to whiten your teeth, make your breath fresher and lead to massive improvements in oral health.

Oil Pulling With Coconut Oil Can Transform Your Dental Health

very beneficial!

jeedee 08-16-2015 03:33 AM

try it op and report back to us with results :accepted:

SkinnyPupp 08-16-2015 03:47 AM

Non-quack source of info, seems pretty legit actually

ilovebacon 08-16-2015 11:46 AM

I've done it for two days now. But haven't see any big differences yet

IMASA 08-16-2015 02:18 PM

You'll need to do it for a few weeks/months in order to see any differences, and that's if you had issues to start with.

I had problems with acid erosion on the enamel of my teeth. I do it every couple of days, for a few months and my dentist says the enamel on my teeth is no longer wearing as fast as it was before I started pulling, so it probably helps.

Mr.Money 09-04-2015 05:55 PM

if your worried about enamel get Senodyne with Novamin,its creates one to protect your teeth.

Nismo200SX 10-22-2015 09:30 PM

I've switched from mainstream toothpaste to non-fluoride natural toothpastes for a few years now and a lot of strange gum pains and sensitive teeth feeling went away.

Eventually combined with coconut oil pulling after learning about it. Basic procedure is oil pull first, then brush your teeth. Make sure you don't swallow the oil because you don't want to ingest all the toxins that were just pulled out of your gums, teeth and mouth.

The longer you can swish the oil the better, and when you spit it out the longer you swish it the more foamy it gets and the junk from your mouth will turn the clear oil into a yellowish foam.

I use Green Beaver toothpaste bought from Superstore in the natural isle.

twitchyzero 10-22-2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nismo200SX (Post 8692311)
Make sure you don't swallow the oil because you don't want to ingest all the toxins that were just pulled out of your gums, teeth and mouth.

:pokerface:

I will say this, flossing reduces gum disease, while the literature for oil pulling is limited because it's only recently gained traction. Flossing takes a few minutes where oilpulling takes more time. So why not just choose floss, a clinically proven regimen, in the first place? None of these alternative regimens are meant to replace your traditional care, only supplement them. That in itself can't be emphasized enough.