REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Chicken restaurant trains a chicken to run its Twitter Account (https://www.revscene.net/forums/705895-chicken-restaurant-trains-chicken-run-its-twitter-account.html)

pastarocket 10-19-2015 01:43 PM

Chicken restaurant trains a chicken to run its Twitter Account

Talk about trying to raise a company's profile. Aussie restaurant chain Chicken Treat hired Betty the Chicken to send tweets on behalf of the company. :lawl:

Church's and KFC should consider this marketing strategy. :troll:

Chicken restaurant trains an actual chicken to run its Twitter account - Trending - CBC News

An enterprising chicken is breaking down boundaries for hens across the world right now by going online to prove that she's more than a piece of meat.

She's also good at Twitter.

Betty is the four-year-old domestic fowl and social media marketing professional behind #ChickenTweet — a hashtag created by Australian fast food chain Chicken Treat for the exclusive purpose of documenting her recent work.

While undoubtedly young for the job, and perhaps less qualified than others in her field, Betty has been doing a bang-up job of attracting people to the @ChickenTreat Twitter account since taking it over last week.

"Betty the chicken is the real deal," raves CNN of her tweets. "Unlike those imposters, who rely on human interlocutors to actually, you know, tweet, Betty's down there in Australia doing the hard stuff herself."

While Betty doesn't actually speak English (or likely even understand what she's doing,) she does write her own tweets.

According to a video published by Chicken Treat about their Betty-centric marketing campaign last week, the plucky youngster has a computer in her coop that she can use to post "whatever's on her mind."

What she appears to be using it for, however, is to peck at its keyboard when it's covered in feed and to walk over it while completing her regular chickenly duties.

She will continue to do this until she successfully sends out a five-letter-long word in English, according to Chicken Treat. This, according to the company, will earn her a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records as "the first chicken to tweet

So far, she's only managed to type one actual word amongst the thousands of random characters she's published, and it was two letters short of what's needed for the record.

That word, tweeted on Thursday, was "bum."

Chicken Treat ‎@ChickenTreat

ZX X `````````qz h bum8 zx #chickentweet

7:42 PM - 14 Oct 2015

432 432 Retweets

371 371 favorites

Many online appear to find Betty's nonsensical updates delightful. Some animal rights activists, however, have taken issue with her employer's social media strategy.

"Chickens don't tweet they live tortured lives," reads an image one critic tweeted at the company in response to an update about Betty.

Chicken Treat, which operates 70 stores across Western Australia, replied saying that the campaign "has been approved by the RSPCA & abides by all standards regarding animal welfare."

In response to another Twitter user who called them "animal abusers," the company said "We are happy to assure everyone that Betty is well looked after and is very happy at her home at Chicken Tweet HQ."

maxx 10-19-2015 03:54 PM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43...ps2jk0x7br.gif

murd0c 10-19-2015 04:17 PM

I betcha if he stops tweeting he will be the lunch special

underscore 10-19-2015 04:22 PM

I'm not sure if this is stupid, or brilliant.

Presto 10-19-2015 04:25 PM

^^^
Stupidly brilliant, i would say. That cost less than $100 bucks to set up, and they get world-wide publicity. I wish I thought of that.

originalhypa 10-19-2015 07:14 PM

^
It's brilliant, and purely Australian.
The only thing that could make it better is a traditional Aussie restaurant name. Something like "snozwoggle's piss pot", and the chicken should be named Sheila.

If I was king of the world, I world make these changes.