REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:09 PM   #51
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,412 Times in 5,096 Posts
Talk about polar opposites and I don't entirely agree with the approach, but my buddy has lots of rental places in Arizona and if some jerkoff doesn't pay him rent he just tells his property manager guy down there and Mr. Carry/Conceal just drives on over, busts the door in and turfs them. Done and done.

If only we were somewhere in between that and the current bleeding Liberal BS, this stuff wouldn't happen.
Advertisement
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #52
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frost91 View Post
there was a user here before named "dinosaur" who was very familiar with the RTA, i think he dealt with the same type of tenants i deal with and he was very good at keeping detailed records and filing eviction notices. i can't seem to find his posts, maybe i am spelling his name wrong?
Dinosaur is his GF.
Guy you are referring to is Gridlock

Here's one of their stickied post.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68903...-landlord.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2015, 07:27 PM   #53
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Another piece of advice I'll throw out there is if you buy a property and it's tenanted, ALWAYS get the seller to evict the tenant and only take possession after the tenet has left. Never buy a property with a tenant, even if the rent is good, because there's people out there that will list properties that have a bad tenant and want to dump their problems on someone else.

I just closed a deal for a condo in YT and forced the seller to evict the tenant, seller wasn't happy but I told my Realtor I would walk away from my offer if the seller didn't comply. Seller agreed and now I was told by my Realtor the tenant is pissed so it could have been a problematic tenant.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-13-2015, 07:42 PM   #54
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
I think most people, good or bad, would be pissed about being evicted.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:46 PM   #55
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
I just closed a deal for a condo in YT and forced the seller to evict the tenant, seller wasn't happy but I told my Realtor I would walk away from my offer if the seller didn't comply. Seller agreed and now I was told by my Realtor the tenant is pissed so it could have been a problematic tenant.
....or it could have been a decent tenant who happened to be pissed off about being told to move out during a time when that would have been the last thing on their mind.

Sorry, but that's a shitty piece of advice. Especially since I've been on the receiving end of a similar attempt. Didn't help that the request was against RTA rules, so I kindly told him to bugger off.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:35 PM   #56

Not sure how it's "shitty" advice when I'm talking from experience.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2015, 10:38 PM   #57

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Another piece of advice I'll throw out there is if you buy a property and it's tenanted, ALWAYS get the seller to evict the tenant and only take possession after the tenet has left. Never buy a property with a tenant, even if the rent is good, because there's people out there that will list properties that have a bad tenant and want to dump their problems on someone else.

If you were interested in a property that had a tenant, maybe the better piece of advice would be to talk to the tenant to see if he/she was a dick. Then based on your impression, you could decide to put an offer or not.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 06:39 AM   #58

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:

It also could have been a great tenant who's just pissed off there forced to find a new place, pack up all there stuff and move. I mean lets be honest what did you expect? The tenant doing cartwheels and high-fiving everyone in site because they just got evicted after their current landlord sold?

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2015, 06:48 AM   #59
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
So the seller never informed the tenant that they were selling the place until it was already sold lol real winners

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:06 AM   #60
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:

No shit the tenant is pissed. What else do you think would have happened? How about putting yourself in the shoe of the tenant after receiving a 2-month notice? oh wait, you can't because you have never heard of the a word called empathy.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2015, 10:51 AM   #61
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Quote:

this could have been all be avoided if the landlord was transparent with the tenant. not mandatory, but would have been courteous. my landlord told me in summer of 2014 that the place would be up for sale and that we would be given 2 months notice when it happens. which falls in line with RTA rules. got the 2 month notice of march 2015. we were ready. win win for landlord, us, and new owner.

your situation makes me think that the tenant was never given the heads up nor properly received 2 months notice. and just because you have experience, it could still be shitty advice.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2015, 11:05 AM   #62
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Dinosaur is his GF.
Guy you are referring to is Gridlock

Here's one of their stickied post.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68903...-landlord.html
I think Dino had a bigger dick then Gridlock
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2015, 01:42 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
this could have been all be avoided if the landlord was transparent with the tenant. not mandatory, but would have been courteous. my landlord told me in summer of 2014 that the place would be up for sale and that we would be given 2 months notice when it happens. which falls in line with RTA rules. got the 2 month notice of march 2015. we were ready. win win for landlord, us, and new owner.

your situation makes me think that the tenant was never given the heads up nor properly received 2 months notice. and just because you have experience, it could still be shitty advice.
Two month notice was provided but the back story is the tenant is month to month, has a sweet deal because the seller had no clue on renting his/her unit. Not only is the rent too low for the current market and for the unit but the seller provides free cable and pays for a parking spot so I assume the tenant thought I would take over the month to month agreement. This is probably the real reason why the tenant is pissed.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2015, 07:56 PM   #64
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson View Post
No shit the tenant is pissed. What else do you think would have happened? How about putting yourself in the shoe of the tenant after receiving a 2-month notice? oh wait, you can't because you have never heard of the a word called empathy.
If you is given 2 month notice there no reason for him to be piss. He was told he needs to move, it was well within the rules and he had plenty of time to prepare.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:06 AM   #65
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
same situation ...similar...tenant has some 'personal' issues that erupt in moments of rage. Friday night, I decided to stay in and chill with a movie...heard all this yelling and doors slamming, smashing from the suite.... decided to txt the tenant to give him 24hrs notice of inspection. Sunday 11am, went to check it out - in a fit of rage from that Friday night, he punched in the bathroom shower tiles...claiming he 'slipped'. Here's the thing, if I wasn't home and didn't hear all the commotion to warrant suspicion, I wouldn't have done the inspection and chances are he would not repair it. I've issued an ultimatum for immediate repair or face 30-day eviction due to damage to property. his left hand was all bandaged up and there were drops of blood on the laminate flooring in the living room.

he has issues with his wife - separated - and I'm sure there's some crazy stuff going on but so far in his 'fits' of rage:

1. broke shower door - I fixed it at my expense.
2. broke washroom towel rack - snapped it in 2 and still not fixed.
3. punched a small hole/dented the drywall again in the washroom.
4. the tiles as above.

once it is fixed, I will be forcing him out and no longer renting .

Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2015, 12:46 PM   #66
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
^Why is he always in the washroom when he has these fits?

Buddy trying to pass some kidney stones?

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:20 PM   #67
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
^Why is he always in the washroom when he has these fits?

Buddy trying to pass some kidney stones?
Lots of thinking going on in the bathroom

https://blog.bufferapp.com/why-we-ha...-of-creativity
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-16-2015, 07:46 PM   #68
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Acura604: I can't blame you for wanting to stop renting out your unit.

Some friends of mine have a basement suite and had three bad tenants in a row. They did very thorough background checks etc. One of my friends is RCMP which makes zero difference. Tenants have a lot of power. Things can go sideways in a hurry causing you a lot of stress, time and money. There is a reason why some suggest paying a tenant to leave.

My friends decided to turn their suite into a man cave / pool room with a guest room.
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:28 PM   #69
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

man im scared to be renting a place.

I`m moving out soon and I`ve been living int he same place for the last 15 years. D:
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:38 PM   #70

The pool of tenants that want to rent basement suites in Vancouver is getting worst. In fact, I would stay away from renting out a basement suite unless you're 100% certain about the person that's moving in because it's one thing having a bad tenant say in a condo but it's another when you actually live in the same house.

And there is quicker way to proceed to the order of possession if you feel like you or your family is immediate danger. This falls under "special circumstances" and you can bypass giving a notice and go directly to dispute resolution but you will still need a paper trail and proof that the tenant is a danger to you or your family.

Good luck and hopefully the person moves out without going through the BS process.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:47 PM   #71
My homepage has been set to RS

especially people from china
talk loud, yell loud, (anytime, night or day) don`t feel like civilized at all
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:04 PM   #72
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danned View Post
especially people from china
talk loud, yell loud, (anytime, night or day) don`t feel like civilized at all
Still way better than some drug dealer or addict.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #73
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
The pool of tenants that want to rent basement suites in Vancouver is getting worst. In fact, I would stay away from renting out a basement suite unless you're 100% certain about the person that's moving in because it's one thing having a bad tenant say in a condo but it's another when you actually live in the same house.

And there is quicker way to proceed to the order of possession if you feel like you or your family is immediate danger. This falls under "special circumstances" and you can bypass giving a notice and go directly to dispute resolution but you will still need a paper trail and proof that the tenant is a danger to you or your family.

Good luck and hopefully the person moves out without going through the BS process.
Depends I guess. We rent to a family of 5 (used to be just3). Mom then had 2 baby. I am sure they are pretty happy with the place since rent is pretty cheap $900 for a 2 bedroom. I am sure sometimes you hear kids yelling and crying but generally well mannered. I doubt they want to move since both parent's don't make a lot of money and need space for the kids toys and they have 2 cars (park on the street). Could we kick them out and increase the rent? Sure we could but we rather deal with a family who lived there for years and pays rent on time and have no complains then risk renting it and be stuck with a bad tenants.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2015, 10:33 PM   #74
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Not sure how it's "shitty" advice when I'm talking from experience.
u mean u have been evicted before

Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...

Last edited by ae101; 11-16-2015 at 10:42 PM.
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2015, 09:46 AM   #75
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

my buddy just had to evict a guy out of his gastown area apartment in the second month for late payment and not responding....punched a hole in the door and left their shit all over the place. my buddy had 10 bags of garbage plus a ton of their expensive this they left behind
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote