REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Glowbal at Telus garden (https://www.revscene.net/forums/706633-glowbal-telus-garden.html)

skiiipi 12-07-2015 07:35 PM

Glowbal at Telus garden

So Hows the new Glowbal place?

Looking to do a dinner with a group of friends and wanting somewhere w/ a private room for around ~15 people.
I'm curious in trying this place out since its new, but not sure how good is the food.

Other options that i'm thinking of include Arctic room at Blue Water Cafe or Yew at the Four seasons

Open to other options as well, basically looking for a casual dinner environment where friends can chat, have good food and watch the nucks game in the back ground

knight604 12-07-2015 07:41 PM

Food is okay glowbal like all their establishments , blue water cafe will be way better.

nabs 12-07-2015 07:44 PM

Ever since Glowbal started to chain out. Their service started to get shittier and shittier, i refuse to go there now, to any of their locations.

The only location I actually had a good experience in was their Yaletown one, every other location sucked.

The screwed up the reservations (made reso for 8 booked a full week and half in advanced, they had it in their system for 2, then had to wait another hour for them to wait for something to open up, we had told them before it was for a celebration, so we had our whole party around the bar and most of us don't even drink for an hour), they screwed up orders, servers never came around to refill water or drinks even after we asked, just a lot of mistakes.

I have been to 3 locations but now have given up on them all together.

jshen 12-07-2015 08:11 PM

went for my gfs bday. had a great time! service was attentative and wagyu steak was phenomenal.

drunkhomer 12-07-2015 10:29 PM

went there with a group of 8 people, nice decor, nice atmosphere but food is very mediocre and drinks took forever to come...

6793026 12-08-2015 09:29 AM

for 15 people u might be able to reserve the room upstairs.

i would NOT go to blue water cafe.

Hondaracer 12-08-2015 12:18 PM

Lol this place is a joke.

Dad works out of an office right next door in the Scotia tower, met him and some of his colleagues after work for appies and a drink.

Everyone we were with was older successful business men and women who work in the office and their attitude and service was an absolute joke. The woman serving us gave us nothing but attitude trying to make a table for 8 people. Then the floor manager clown gave us nothing but bad looks as she was asking what to do. Essentially the vibe was, it would be better if you weren't here.

Totally accommodating for the two-three young girls spending fucking nothing drinking water and splitting an appy, yet -everything- was a pain when it came to us.

won't repeat, wouldn't tecomnend.

Glowbal places were shit before I had this experience anyways.

skiiipi 12-08-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8705610)
Lol this place is a joke.

Dad works out of an office right next door in the Scotia tower, met him and some of his colleagues after work for appies and a drink.

Everyone we were with was older successful business men and women who work in the office and their attitude and service was an absolute joke. The woman serving us gave us nothing but attitude trying to make a table for 8 people. Then the floor manager clown gave us nothing but bad looks as she was asking what to do. Essentially the vibe was, it would be better if you weren't here.

Totally accommodating for the two-three young girls spending fucking nothing drinking water and splitting an appy, yet -everything- was a pain when it came to us.

won't repeat, wouldn't tecomnend.

Glowbal places were shit before I had this experience anyways.

sounds like the service doesn't live up to the "hype"

any other places you would recommend? (or anybody on RS)
looking for private dining room
looking for a wide price range in menu...ie. $20-30 entree for people who don't want to spend a lot as well as some more expensive stuff
looking for good food and good ambiance too

maybe Miku private dining room? but honestly after my recent Japan trip, i really don't know if I can have sushi anywhere else again haha

Marshall Placid 12-09-2015 10:28 PM

Blue Water.

Customer service is top-notch every time I go.

No mistakes.

no let downs.

Just great service.

The food quality is always consistent.

I hosted a few private occasions of 15 to 45 people (Pacific and Arctic Room), and they always have more than enough servers to serve the entire room.

You can also ask for the personal sushi making event and cocktail making event for your 15 guests.

It is worth it and your guests will remember it.

Yew, is so so for service (for small tables, not 15+ people gatherings).

bcrdukes 12-09-2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 8705756)
sounds like the service doesn't live up to the "hype"

With all due respect, but service is not one of Glowbal Group's forte. There never was any hype.

I'm afraid I can't recommend anything, but your best bet is certainly to take your money somewhere else.

miss_crayon 12-11-2015 06:34 PM

How anyone thinks Glowbal is tasty in any aspect is beyond me. Besides having an awesome business plan (you gotta give credit to them for making their company so big) the food is subpar.

I personally love Blue Water for the food and service, but if you're looking to spend $20-30 for those who don't want to spend much..it's not going to go very far.