REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 01-08-2016, 09:54 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Advertisement
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2016, 10:17 PM   #27
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
/tinfoilhaton

the halbach murder was all a set up to throw avery back into jail. avery was thrown into jail for 18 years for a crime he did not commit which means the police department failed big time, not only costing an innocent man 18 years of his life, but also letting the real rapist walk free. they cant just let avery walk free so they fabricated this whole thing up and screw him over once again to save themselves face.

/tinfoilhatoff
it had everything to do with the money.

He was going to be suing the county for 35 million dollars, nothing happened until he brought the suit up to the county. Once he was freed if he had just taken the 400k and moved away nothing would have ever happened [presumably]

after watching the whole series, i'd probably lean towards guilt, but man, what a shit show
Old 01-08-2016, 10:20 PM   #28
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,421 Times in 273 Posts
I'm curious did they ever confirm that the key indeed actually belonged to the rav4 and actually started the car up?

Acura Integra Type R 00-1004 - It's back
223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR

My Feedback
E-40six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:08 PM   #29
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
[on episode 4] Frustrating as hell to watch anything to do with that poor fucker Brendan. Dude is borderline retarded, and they expect him to be able to make his own decisions. How is it not obvious to the court that he basically says anything you want if you just word it right and keep asking?

Edit: [reached the end of episode 4]
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:11 AM   #30

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-40six View Post
I'm curious did they ever confirm that the key indeed actually belonged to the rav4 and actually started the car up?
apparently it was a backup key for the RAV4 that wasn't attached to any other keys such as Teresa's house that was pointed out by one of Averys lawyers.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:49 AM   #31
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
[on episode 4] Frustrating as hell to watch anything to do with that poor fucker Brendan. Dude is borderline retarded, and they expect him to be able to make his own decisions. How is it not obvious to the court that he basically says anything you want if you just word it right and keep asking?

Edit: [reached the end of episode 4]
Told ya' it picks up
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:36 AM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS

so many holes in the story just to try and frame Avery...I mean Avery and his nephew are legit hillbillies for them to have the brain power of covering up a murder is beyond retarded. First off with the rav4 being "hidden" on his property with all those other cars and to have some volunteer lady to walk 15mins on his property and boom find the rav4 on the side covered with boards and shit didnt make any sense...I mean they make Avery seem like a dumbass then make it seem likes he a genius. If Avery wanted to hide the rav4 he had a crusher on site that would destroy the car with all his so called "evidence" inside. Like he's so smart to chop up the body, throw it in a fire to burn it up so much that all you can find is bits and pieces of bone that could only fill a little box...but yet too stupid to actually get rid of the rav4 with his crusher...

Like I was saying theres way too many holes in this case to prove he's quilty...case should have been a re-trial and with different jurors and judges...shows to you how the system can be so currupt that if they want to get u they will do anything by all mean to fuck u over!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2016, 07:19 PM   #33

I was wondering how much the documentary was leaving out, and I came across this list... It doesn't actually look like much in terms of making him look guilty. Considering the damn thing is 10 fucking hours long, I think they could have included all of it. It does make him look like a creepy perv so I suppose that's why they left it out.

As far as his innocence, I have no idea based on what I've seen. However if I was on the jury, there's no way I would have given a guilty verdict. There's way too much doubt to say that.

If anything I think they should go back and try to build a case against that Scott guy... He's sketchy as fuck
Old 01-09-2016, 07:21 PM   #34
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I must say though Avery has 2 damn good lawyers, too bad the justice system is so f'ed that it was a losing battle to begin with.

I read in an article that some jurors came out saying they were threatened and hence the guilty verdict...........
extracrunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:39 PM   #35
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
another part i dont think many people have touched on, or maybe its fairly well known and i just didnt know...

but apparently in trials like these, the defense has to basically lay out the path they are going with the defense before the trial begins. and the judge and prosecution can veto any routes they want to go. they mentioned it with the 3rd party liability thing, but i read something where a lot of the questions we ask, or routes we would have perused, weren't allowed to be asked or followed in court.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:02 AM   #36
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
As far as his innocence, I have no idea based on what I've seen. However if I was on the jury, there's no way I would have given a guilty verdict. There's way too much doubt to say that.
what if ur life could be in danger if u did not give a guilty verdict? what happened to avery could be happening to u after words. would u still stand by the not guilty verdict and take the risk? or change ur mind and be selfish like all the jury did?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:19 AM   #37

There's naturally been a great increase in support of Steven Avery after the show's release and rightly so, but if he were ever to get a retrial, it should not be because of his current characterization as a sympathetic figure, but because the state royally fucked up.

On a side note, who else feels for Dolores? She never talks much but, fuck, I look at her and feel my heart literally crumble. She tries her best to be a supportive mother/grandmother regardless of how much her family continuously gets fucked. A trooper, no doubt.

Don't get strange, y'all.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2016, 06:39 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
what if ur life could be in danger if u did not give a guilty verdict? what happened to avery could be happening to u after words. would u still stand by the not guilty verdict and take the risk? or change ur mind and be selfish like all the jury did?
Umm that's not how this works.

Innocent until proven guilty

It's up to the prosecution to prove, beyond any reasonable doubt, that he's guilty. If there are ANY questions that can't be answered by the prosecution [like why isn't her DNA anywhere on his property other than that bullet, which came from what should have been an inconclusive test?], then he's not guilty. He may not be innocent, but that doesn't matter. He's not been proven guilty.

You don't put someone in jail for life because you think "yeah he seems like the kind of guy who would do this kind of crime anyway"
Old 01-10-2016, 06:56 AM   #39

Quote:
You don't put someone in jail for life because you think "yeah he seems like the kind of guy who would do this kind of crime anyway"
I suggest you guys watch West of Memphis, another documentary dealing with wrongful convictions.

Three teenagers were convicted for apparently sexually molesting and killing three children with no real evidence and were essentially convicted because, one of the teens in particular, looked like a "murderer".

Last edited by neggo; 01-10-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:06 AM   #40

I'm sure it happens a disgusting amount of times because of people like TOPEC.

You may suspect someone because of a feeling you have about them... You don't convict them for it though.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:08 AM   #41
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,077 Posts
I think TOPEC is saying that its possible that the jury's lives (maybe not all) may have been threatened by law enforcement if they did not find Avery guilty. I'd believe it too with the amount of corruption going on over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #42
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
in that case, im sure anyone with half a brain could have just ran to the media and it would have blown up big time
Old 01-10-2016, 07:32 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
in that case, im sure anyone with half a brain could have just ran to the media and it would have blown up big time
There have been at least two in the jury that have come out saying they felt threatened by other members if they did not issue a guilty verdict.

One recently informed media but remained anonymous, so that may show that, even now, they still remain worried about reprocutions.

I'd post the link of the YouTube video, but I've reached my data limit and even posting a message like this takes a notorious amount of time. Maybe once I get home tonight, I'll have the chance to post it.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
I think TOPEC is saying that its possible that the jury's lives (maybe not all) may have been threatened by law enforcement if they did not find Avery guilty. I'd believe it too with the amount of corruption going on over there.
Well he certainly didn't make that clear... But if that's with the case yeah, they should have reported any intimidation and blow the whole fucking thing up.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:57 PM   #45

This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2016, 11:56 AM   #46

Thanked 1,419 Times in 255 Posts
Muscled through the first three episodes last night. First half of the first episode was a little slow, but as soon as it picked up, I was hooked. I don't think I've ever been this angry/frustrated at a show before. Definitely lots of were had
j.f0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #47
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,823 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neggo View Post
Telephone conversations:

A: Hello?

B: Yeuh?

A: Yeuh?

A: Yeuh.
nephew: what does inconsistent mean

nephew's mom: I don't know

nephew: does that mean it's wrong

another phone call:

nephew's mom: why did you confess?

nephew: I was guessing what the cops wanted me to say, like how I guess my answers to my homework
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2016, 04:16 PM   #48
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
didn't expect to get so into this series but i did. gf and i finish the whole thing in one day. the documentary certainly make anyone believe the avery is innocent but upon further investigation it seems like a lot of the evidence wasn't presented in the documtary

anybody else find the dead girl's brother and ex seem super shady?
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2016, 10:59 PM   #49

Thanked 1,419 Times in 255 Posts
^Yes something about the ex just seemed off. But then again, its not exactly a surprise they didn't suspect him judging by how things have been since the beginning of the series.

Just finished two more episodes just now, 5 episodes deep and I now understand why people yell at their tv screens. Avery's lawyers are doing a pretty spot on job.. but goddamn, I don't know whether to feel bad for Brendan or be frustrated at him. Dudes worried about missing Wrestlemania because he's locked up.
j.f0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2016, 09:18 AM   #50
My homepage has been set to RS

yahoo.com has a post on there with Avery's ex Jodi Stachowski saying Avery was a monster and said was abused by him...just to some shit up!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote