REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Vancity Buzz (https://www.revscene.net/forums/707253-vancity-buzz.html)

meme405 01-22-2016 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8719558)
^ the problem is that a nut allergy can only really have a negative impact on the person with the allergy, people reading misinformation from VCB could potentially affect their vote in an election for example.

A negative impact only on that person? Are you kidding, I can't eat peanuts/tree nuts anywhere because of these people.

Hugely impacts my quality of life...

:troll:

underscore 01-22-2016 07:44 AM

You must be younger than me then, I managed to dodge the peanut nazis by a few years.

Ronin 01-22-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CivicBlues (Post 8719312)
I'm surprised the couple of RS members who write for Vancity Buzz haven't chimed in yet on this bitchfest.

Haters gon hate? If people didn't read Vancity Buzz, then there would be no Vancity Buzz. As much as people bitch, they're still reading and that still results in profit. People bitch about Buzzfeed all the time too...Buzzfeed is a multi-million dollar operation.

Vancity Buzz traffic has already surpassed the websites for the Sun and Province I'm sure. Readership will probably pass actual newspaper readership too.

I don't write lists or whatever, though. I only write longform, in-depth restaurant articles with heavy image counts and although I might get a thousand or so shares if I write a great look at a ramen place, fact of the matter is...the clickbait brings in more revenue because people read it more.

Say what you want about Vancity Buzz but...whatever's on the site? It's what you wanted. The traffic doesn't lie.

trollguy 01-22-2016 12:48 PM

*drop mic

or

*drop plate of food

meme405 01-22-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 8719609)
Haters gon hate? If people didn't read Vancity Buzz, then there would be no Vancity Buzz. As much as people bitch, they're still reading and that still results in profit. People bitch about Buzzfeed all the time too...Buzzfeed is a multi-million dollar operation.

Vancity Buzz traffic has already surpassed the websites for the Sun and Province I'm sure. Readership will probably pass actual newspaper readership too.

I don't write lists or whatever, though. I only write longform, in-depth restaurant articles with heavy image counts and although I might get a thousand or so shares if I write a great look at a ramen place, fact of the matter is...the clickbait brings in more revenue because people read it more.

Say what you want about Vancity Buzz but...whatever's on the site? It's what you wanted. The traffic doesn't lie.

You are just wrong, there are plenty of people that aren't reading it, aren't clicking the links, and don't get baited; So you really shouldn't lump everyone into this group you call "they". "they" certainly is not representative of the people posting in this thread.

It's just unfortunate that the "they" you are referring to represents half our countries population which is comprised of mostly idiots. Without this group of idiots you refer to as "they", VSB would cease to exist, but I guess someone needs to pander to this group of degenerates and dumbasses.

I wouldn't worry about it though, you feel free to continue being proud to be the one who writes articles that pander to neanderthals. Haters gon hate, amirite?

Spoiler!

GS8 01-22-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakshow (Post 8719337)
^ well, there are a lot of idiots out there.. so that isn't surprising at all.

And that is the problem. I'm convinced that for every logical person out there, you'll find 10 idiots. Give social media access to an idiot and you'll see the idiotic things with idiotic results.

I used the FBP extension in Chrome to clean up my FB dashboard. No more stupid trending wall or seeing people like / share VCB posts. All I see now is the main feed from people / groups I want to see info. from. It's great.

Custom background too

:concentrate:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...psq8cabb4p.png

Ronin 01-22-2016 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8719717)
You are just wrong, there are plenty of people that aren't reading it, aren't clicking the links, and don't get baited; So you really shouldn't lump everyone into this group you call "they". "they" certainly is not representative of the people posting in this thread.

It's just unfortunate that the "they" you are referring to represents half our countries population which is comprised of mostly idiots. Without this group of idiots you refer to as "they", VSB would cease to exist, but I guess someone needs to pander to this group of degenerates and dumbasses.

I wouldn't worry about it though, you feel free to continue being proud to be the one who writes articles that pander to neanderthals. Haters gon hate, amirite?

Spoiler!

No problem. I get it. I'm just saying that rather than talk shit about VCB, blame the general public. VCB is just providing what the general public wants. I'm sure it's hard to find the need to "improve" when a list or a story about Middle Eastern men taking pictures get 60x the traffic of a "good" post. The numbers don't lie. VCB is just a reflection of Vancouver.

MG1 01-22-2016 11:32 PM

Because of this thread, I am going to start reading VCB. Just for shits and giggles.

asahai69 01-22-2016 11:44 PM

Soundy 01-23-2016 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 8719609)

First, don't confuse click-throughs with people actually reading the articles.

Second, don't confuse click-throughs with an indication of "what people want to see"... sometimes it's just to see what kind of bizarre shit Aunt Gertrude is sharing now.

I bet the National Enquirer gets plenty of click-throughs AND actual reads... doesn't make it a legitimate news source.

People like our own CiC constantly accuse "the mainstream media" of stirring up controversy just to drive ad revenue... bizarro media like VCM, Buzzfeed, etc. has them beat in that department, hands down.

xXSupa 01-24-2016 04:30 PM

And sometimes they just don't make sense... Time to get a spell checker.

http://puu.sh/mIw6B/f679f1e85c.jpg

Lomac 01-24-2016 04:48 PM

To be fair, a spell checker wouldn't have helped with that one. An efficient editor, on the other hand...

Soundy 01-24-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXSupa (Post 8720248)
And sometimes they just don't make sense... Time to get a spell checker.

http://puu.sh/mIw6B/f679f1e85c.jpg

Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking that maybe a Vancouver developer is hoping to sell condos with no down payment....
:drunk:

westopher 01-24-2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8719551)

As louis CK said: Just think how stupid the average person is, and then consider that 50% of people are stupider than that.

That was George Carlin

"Be careful with misquoting people on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln

rslater 01-25-2016 08:18 PM

Vancity Buzz has no competition | VIAwesome